N-Europe

Eurovision 2019

Fierce_LiNk

1 hour ago, bob said:
4 hours ago, Kav said:
Boycott the thing.

In general? Or because of this year's host?

I don’t think any Nation that is committing ongoing war-crimes should host it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what I think of the songs this year.  Czech Republic stood out for me in Semi Final 1 and, like previous years, I thought Semi Final 2 was a lot better and therefore more unjust.  A lot of decent acts didn't get through again.

I don't love any so far, but Denmark and Norway stood out.  Got a feeling Australia will win and the UK will have to host it!

12 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Not sure what I think of the songs this year.  Czech Republic stood out for me in Semi Final 1 and, like previous years, I thought Semi Final 2 was a lot better and therefore more unjust.  A lot of decent acts didn't get through again.

I don't love any so far, but Denmark and Norway stood out.  Got a feeling Australia will win and the UK will have to host it!

I agree that the second semi final was better in general. I've had the Norway song stuck in my head for ages haha!

I also liked the Netherlands and Sweden, and the Malta one grew on me after a while. And @Fierce_LiNk loved the San Marino song haha. 
As for Australia, I loved the staging/act, but the song didn't do too much for me I think. Sad that Belgium didn't get through but then again the song was very weak, oh well. 

We'll be watching it tomorrow with a take away and some alcohol. Can't wait for the commentary. :D

• Like 1

I'd love to watch it with commentary, but I don't pay the TV license, so it's plain old live-streaming for me... :( 

Excited for the high energy songs, not so excited for all the pro-Israel propaganda however...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eenuh said:

I also liked the Netherlands and Sweden, and the Malta one grew on me after a while. And @Fierce_LiNk loved the San Marino song haha. 

As for Australia, I loved the staging/act, but the song didn't do too much for me I think. Sad that Belgium didn't get through but then again the song was very weak, oh well. 

Belgium was absolutely robbed last year, that's for sure.

Just now, bob said:
2 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:
San Marino to win! Na na naaaaaaaa.

That was so weird. Looked like a kareoke that got out of hand.

I loved it. Disco is my thaaaaaaang.

Plus, it was just so feel good. It had energy and passion. Everything is good! :D