N-Europe

Playstation 5 Console Discussion

Dcubed

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

With the way you said it I thought there was some advantage to it or something. I'm happy enough just grinding the gold and buying them all. :D 

I see :D
Well, there could be an advantage for example when you eventually have enough total gold to invest in revive, growth and might
but you spread some of the upgrades out.

But yeah, the grind is what it's all about.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

When Pentragram is the first weapon you upgrade in a run.

I hate that thing. I unlocked it yesterday evening and just don't understand it. Yeah, it wipes out everything but it's hard to know when it's gonna fire off. Plus, the early versions of it wipe out items. 

I'm kinda reluctant to unlock any more weapons/items. The ones I have were working well for me on my sessions last night and I figure that adding more into the mix will just dilute the pool.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I hate that thing. I unlocked it yesterday evening and just don't understand it. Yeah, it wipes out everything but it's hard to know when it's gonna fire off. Plus, the early versions of it wipe out items. 

I'm kinda reluctant to unlock any more weapons/items. The ones I have were working well for me on my sessions last night and I figure that adding more into the mix will just dilute the pool.

You're using garlic, you have no leg to stand on with criticising pentagram.

The absolute pinnacle of early game hell, late game awsomeness!

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I had the same sentiment when I found it for the first time back then :D

It's a terrible late game pickup, but if you get it very early it can easily win you the run. The wipes don't matter that much during the first few minutes as you don't lose a lot of xp.
And if you level it up enough to evolve it pretty quickly after the 10 minute mark, you're golden.

Yeah, that's something to be wary of. But there are certain unlocks to mitigate the increasing weapon/item pool.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Didn't realise I had to open a coffin and not just find it. It took a while to do because I had to power everything up again as if doing a normal run.

Think that's everything done on the first stage. Time to finish the second.

The thing you get from the first coffin is totally worth it, BTW. Definitely spend money on that.
My favourite character in the base game!

• Thanks 1

What makes them so great? I'm pretty attached to the knife guy at the moment.

They get an extra 1% strength every level. Also, they start with two weapons that are way more effective then the knife.
They make surviving Dairy Plant far more feasible on a first attempt.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Pentagram eventually becomes one of the very best weapons in the game…

Don’t go discounting weapons until you have a chance to properly try them out.  The game really rewards experimentation, especially as the available gameplay mechanics continue to open up.

Also @Glen-i is totes right about that first coffin… make getting it priority number 1!

Edited by Dcubed

@Hero-of-Time will be happy to find this item/unlock this achievement:

image.png

Speaking of bangers, while the soundtrack is pretty good I turned off the ingame music and put on Spotify. Nothing better than wrecking stuff while Enter Shikari is blasting through the speakers :cool:

Just completed the 4th stage with Antonio. Once again, evolved Pentagram made this a cakewalk :D
On to stage 5 :peace:

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The thing you get from the first coffin is totally worth it, BTW. Definitely spend money on that.
My favourite character in the base game!

Gave the character a whirl. Not bad but I still like the knife dude. Is the character supposed to be Bayonetta? 

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

@Hero-of-Time will be happy to find this item/unlock this achievement:

image.png

Speaking of bangers, while the soundtrack is pretty good I turned off the ingame music and put on Spotify. Nothing better than wrecking stuff while Enter Shikari is blasting through the speakers :cool:

Just completed the 4th stage with Antonio. Once again, evolved Pentagram made this a cakewalk :D
On to stage 5 :peace:

Yeah, I thought of our conversion when I see the trophy. :D

Just finished level 4 myself. Decided to give the Pentagram a whirl. It certainly comes in handy in the final few minutes when most weapons have trouble clearing the field. Still not huge on it though.

To the surprise of nobody, it looks like Concord was a massive flop. From IGN...

Analysts were able to share a bit of insight on the PlayStation side with me. Per Circana analyst Mat Piscatella citing Circana's Player Engagement Tracker, on Monday August 26, "Concord ranked 147th in US PS5 daily active players across all titles, with fewer than 0.2% of Monday's active PS5 players playing the game." And analyst Simon Carless, who authors the GameDiscover.co newsletter, estimated that Concord's total sales are sitting around 10,000 units on Steam, and around 15,000 on PlayStation (he responded to my email Wednesday, August 28, 2024).

Absolutely nuts if it has sold that little.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Gave the character a whirl. Not bad but I still like the knife dude. Is the character supposed to be Bayonetta?

WHAAAAA!? What would ever make you think that!?

...Yeah, she is. Vampire Survivors is absolutely jam packed with references to games that aren't Castlevania. From Final Fantasy XIII, to Ultima.

Knife guy is decent, 1 extra projectile is a solid benefit, but it doesn't scale, which can become a problem later on.
Anyway, nothing stopping you from giving "Not-Bayonetta" Knives, she actually utilises them better, get to a high enough level, and she just melts through enemies like a... well, you know the saying.

Hardly a surprise with Concord.  It looked good, but comments i read on a State of Play showcasing this turned sour as soon as it was shown as a paid GaaS.  Has to be one of, if not the biggest software flop from Sony.

Not looking good for Firewalk Studios.

16 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Hardly a surprise with Concord.  It looked good, but comments i read on a State of Play showcasing this turned sour as soon as it was shown as a paid GaaS.  Has to be one of, if not the biggest software flop from Sony.

Not looking good for Firewalk Studios.

I was reading that they've pretty much gone dark on X/Twitter since the launch of the game. With the way cuts and layoffs are being made in the industry, it must be scary times over there. 8 years in development and then a financial bomb of epic proportions.

• Sad 1