NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

3 hours ago, Ike said:

I need Sakurai to personally join the forum and explain how 1:39:50 counted as a hit.

Yeah, the Dragoon's hitbox is humongous! About 50% bigger then what the reticle suggests.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Only a few instances of two of us selecting the same character this week.

Some great moments overall, I was pleased with my performance as Samus in the last match was well.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (07/10/2023)

- - - - -

Yeah, nicely played with Samus on that last match. :bowdown:

The fight on Pandemonium had me in stitches once again, especially this:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1945302553?t=2h25m55s

That single bash on the head with the toy hammer just before the throw, genius! :laughing:

I've been trying to fix/modify a few more custom stages recently, you might have noticed a couple of additional platforms on the Epic Flail stage, to make it a bit more forgiving. :hehe: They can actually be permanently removed during the match (individually or both at the same time) which reverts the stage to its original layout, but it didn't happen last night.
I can't remember exactly which of the various items or final smashes detonate the stage builder bomb blocks. :blank:@Glen-i do you know? I'm pretty sure there was a list online somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. :hmm:

Anyway, cheers for the games everyone!

:peace:

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I've been trying to fix/modify a few more custom stages recently, you might have noticed a couple of additional platforms on the Epic Flail stage, to make it a bit more forgiving. :hehe: They can actually be permanently removed during the match (individually or both at the same time) which reverts the stage to its original layout, but it didn't happen last night.

When me and @Glen-i saw those new platforms we both agreed that they were not going to last the whole match sitting there. We know you too well RedShell. Shame that didn't happen last night.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

I can't remember exactly which of the various items or final smashes detonate the stage builder bomb blocks. :blank:@Glen-i do you know? I'm pretty sure there was a list online somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. :hmm:

Off the top of my head. Anything that can attack through walls would do the job in Epic Flail. Stuff like the X-Bomb, or the Smart Bomb. This would also apply to quite a few Final Smashes as well. Samus, Dark Pit, Lucas, Ness, Kazuya, basically, any character that doesn't cut away to a different scene for their attack. It probably didn't take because I turned the FS Meter off to fit the Smash 4 theme, so Final Smashes weren't as common.

• Thanks 2

Just when you think you've seen it all, what could be the first ever Sudden Death Draw happens!

• Thanks 2

Each week we think we have seen the best/funniest/oddest moments. But every week something surprises us. Great matches tonight. 

• Thanks 1

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (14/10/2023)

- - - - -

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

A not so wonderful ending, since @Glen-i's internet just died and he can't reopen the room right now, but certainly a Wonderful stage @RedShell!  Top notch as always! :peace:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

There's a cool thing which happened at the 01:17:00 minute mark, or just after.

And definitely check out the last match at the end, the custom stage is wonderful.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (21/10/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Well played @Ike, I like your Ike :D

You too, but I couldn’t lose the Ike ditto. That would be embarrassing.

7 hours ago, S.C.G said:

There's a cool thing which happened at the 01:17:00 minute mark, or just after.

OK, I'm clearly missing it, so you're gonna have to point what I should be looking out for.

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

OK, I'm clearly missing it, so you're gonna have to point what I should be looking out for.

Yep, never mind... I must have gotten the time stamp wrong, there was definitely something cool, but a lot happened, and I can't remember what it was now. ::shrug:

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Yep, never mind... I must have gotten the time stamp wrong, there was definitely something cool, but a lot happened, and I can't remember what it was now. ::shrug:

Sign of a good party.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Trust me, so is DCubed. It goes to show how accurate the hurtboxes on characters are, because I guarantee if I stuck with the golf club, that would've definitely hit you at least.

Can't be mad though, it is funny, and there's been more then a few moments when I've avoided something by just ducking. It's swag as hell!

As for changing the time, I'm obviously OK with it, seeing as it's what I originally suggested.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RedShell said:

By the way, would you lot be ok with going with the original plan of custom stages for 30 mins at 19:30 from now on, instead of at 22:00? I'm finding it really difficult to keep my eyes open (sorry :heh:) for Smash Bros. that late these days. :hmm:

Yeah, starting at 19:30 instead of 20:00 should be fine... but being that we've been playing from 8PM - 10PM+ for a while now, don't be surprised if the first week or the odd week or so, I just completely forget and turn up at 8PM as per usual, or a little later than half seven, as that's a bit closer to Dinner time, but I'm usually done by then, like tonight... it's almost exactly half seven right now, so that time should be fine, going forward. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RedShell said:

By the way @Glen-i @BowserBasher @S.C.G @Dcubed, would you lot be ok with going with the original plan of custom stages for 30 mins at 19:30 from now on, instead of at 22:00? I'm finding it really difficult to keep my eyes open (sorry :heh:) for Smash Bros. that late these days.

Yep. That’s fine by me. I don’t mind either way. 
sounds like a fun Saturday was had. I wasn’t there as was away with my girl for the weekend. Will be back this weekend. 

• Like 1

Standard Stamina matches will start tonight at 8pm.

However, a reminder for @S.C.G, @BowserBasher, and @RedShell. The Custom Stage session will start at 7:30 pm from now on.

Once 8pm rolls around, I will give the usual "Changing Rules" shout-out, and then anyone who has chosen a custom stage, should switch to random on the standard stage screen.

• Thanks 1

Cheers for the games guys. :) I hope you enjoyed the new (and old-ish :heh:) spooky custom stages too. ;)

Oh, and thanks again for switching to the earlier start, think I was a little bit more with it as a result... just a bit. :laughing:
See you next time!

:peace:

• Thanks 2

Some really great matches, I was pretty happy with my overall performance this week.

And as for the second to last match... Terry says... "are you OK?" Well... I am, but I don't know about everyone else. :p

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (28/10/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Right! Theme Time! Bit of a different tact, this one.

Pinball Pandemonium

600px-Pinball_Pandemonium.jpg

Inspired by the online Tourney of the same name, tonight, items will be incredibly limited. And mostly quite round.

Every character is allowed tonight.

Did you know that some items and Assist Trophies flat out don't appear on certain stages? The Bumper is the main culprit of this, due to how it works. The general rule is that if the stage travels, the Bumper will never spawn there.

Also, Alucard never appears on Wii Fit Studio, because Vampires don't have reflections. Yes, really, but that's not relevant to the theme.

F-FVTzjbcAAfaNa?format=jpg&name=large

Stages are relatively small so that the Bumper will have more of an impact. Also, no travelling stages for the reason I stated above.

F-FVTzqagAE14nl?format=jpg&name=large

The item frequency has been bumped up tonight, containers are there so more Bumpers can come into play. The Smash Ball is there because it's a floating ball. Chasing it should lead to Bumper related accidents, which is always funny.

Format - Time, 3 minutes

FS Meter - On

See you at 8pm! 7:30 for Custom Stage nonsense.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1