NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Thanks for the games. :smile:

Some X2 matches tonight, and some generally good character match-ups.

Decent matches overall.

Here's a link to this week's stream... :peace:

- - - - -

custom-ac0aee31-b1e0-4b15-88e6-642a2ba992ca-640x360.jpeg

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (26/08/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 1

Gonna try resetting my Switch. Gimme a minute.

EDIT: Room's open now.

Edited by Glen-i

Some X2 matches tonight, and plenty of decent K-O's.

Fun matches.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (02/09/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, RedShell said:

Good Falcon Punch teamwork:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1915518710?t=1h25m10s

:grin:

Is it just me, or have shield breaks become way more frequent? :hehe:

Yet we didn't really capitalise on the shield break. Which yes they have, so I guess we are all getting dumber by holding our shield instead of dodging. Oooh, idea. Jigglypuff free for all, first to break their shield wins. LOL

• Haha 1

On 04/09/2023 at 6:03 PM, BowserBasher said:

Oooh, idea. Jigglypuff free for all, first to break their shield wins. LOL

Wouldn't that just consist of everyone holding R before "GO!" appears, and then everyone dying at exactly the same time?
I've definitely done that in an older Smash title.

Oh well, here's tonight's theme! It's what I was gonna do last time, until card games.

Lightweight Fracas

F3UBO4ta8AI6qzy?format=jpg&name=large

Inspired by Pichu's Classic Route, these are the 17 lightest characters in the game. Don't expect to last long with these floaty light bozos! (Technically Squirtle should be there, but Charizard and Ivysaur tagging along complicates matters) If you're wondering why I went with a weird number like 17, it's because that leaves @RedShell with 15 characters, as he doesn't have Fighters Pass 2, and therefore, doesn't have Sephiroth and Sora.

Stages and items are the standard fare this time.

Format: Stock, 10 Minutes
FS Meter: On

See you at 8pm.

• Thanks 1

I would not have picked them as the lightest. I mean the obvious ones, yes, but Bayonetta lighter than Peach? Sephiroth Lighter than a lot not there? How are some of those heavier than a Dog and Bird? Isabelle, Villager? I'm not saying you're wrong as you're never wrong @Glen-i LOL, but it seems odd that some of those are lighter than I would have thought.

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

I would not have picked them as the lightest. I mean the obvious ones, yes, but Bayonetta lighter than Peach? Sephiroth Lighter than a lot not there? How are some of those heavier than a Dog and Bird? Isabelle, Villager? I'm not saying you're wrong as you're never wrong @Glen-i LOL, but it seems odd that some of those are lighter than I would have thought.

The weights are taken straight from the game's code, it's completely accurate. And funny.

Smash Bros weight is done purely for balancing reasons, whether it makes sense or not. If the likes of Bayonetta weighed as much as they probably should, then they'd be way OP.

Thankfully, those dataminers made a handy dandy tier list detailing where each character places.

CDN media

It generally goes in order from left to right. So Bowser's the heaviest, then K.Rool, and so on, but some characters do weigh the same (Everyone from Ice Climbers to Mythra weighs the same, for example).

Weight_Balanced_Ultimate.gif

Hell, you can test this out in game!

Anyway, if you want more specifics, then here are the exact weight values of every character.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Neat. That makes a little more sense as Bayonetta is in the same weight class as Peach and co that I would have thought. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Neat. That makes a little more sense as Bayonetta is in the same weight class as Peach and co that I would have thought. 

She is carrying a Toad, and her trusty frying pan.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ike said:

She is carrying a Toad, and her trusty frying pan.

That's debatable. Because it definitely used to be the case.

peach-smash.gif  peach-smash.gif

Nowadays, It seems more like Toad is somewhere not under her dress, ready to step in at a moment's notice. It feels more similar to how Ness and Lucas have their respective party members appear out of nowhere for their Final Smash.

Edited by Glen-i

Plenty of X2 and X3 character matches, but it's not too surprising given the roster..

Some really great matches though.

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (09/09/2023)

- - - - -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

19 minutes in the video. Perfectly symmetrical Jigglypuff violence. 

Well, now I have to post it.

I think this is the Futurama quote I remember the most. It applies to so many games!

• Haha 1

A decent amount of X2 and X3 matches this time.

And I got Samus as a random pick twice... once I called it, and the second time, I just asked for a decent character... :p

...though, even with my favourite character to play as, it doesn't always work out, but there were some good moments.

I think something cool happened in the stream at the... 1 hour, 18 minute and a half mark, but I can't remember what it was. ::shrug:

- - - - -

N-Europe Saturday Smash! (16/09/2023)

- - - - -

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Anyway, cheers for the games. Here's a fun moment:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1927348308?t=1h32m8s

"If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!" :laughing:

I knew that was an accident!

As for the Mii thing, yeah it bothers me too. No idea why, probably whatever silly reason they don't have a Classic Mode Route for.

Edited by Glen-i

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I knew that was an accident!

Of course, just like everything I do (good or bad) while playing this game. :heh:

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Of course, just like everything I do (good or bad) while playing this game. :heh:

I wasn't entirely sure at the time, because I only realised that you Ganoncided when you both blew up.

I remember asking BowserBasher and S.C.G. "Wait, did Red just Ganoncide?" Hilarious!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

As for the Mii thing, yeah it bothers me too. No idea why, probably whatever silly reason they don't have a Classic Mode Route for.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Weird.

Anyway, how about a Mii theme night at some point? :hehe: