N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Online Thread

Hero-of-Time

Right, theme time! I would've done it this morning, but someone pulled an "Um, actually" on me, and I was too tired to get a new image until just now.

Female Protagonists Only!

GZIq69KWYAEWb48?format=jpg&name=large

The Zelda series have finally given us an entry that stars Zelda as the primary protagonist. So tonight, we're focusing on female characters that feature prominently in at least one game.

Originally, I only included characters who were the sole focus in there games, but that only left us with nine or so characters, so I expanded it to include female characters that share an equal spotlight with a male character. Robin in Fire Emblem Awakening, and Min Min, for example. Yes, that's why Banjo is here. He snuck in on the back of Kazooie, which is how 90% of Banjo-Kazooie is played anyway.

I did exclude characters from spin-off games, BTW. Mario Kart, for example. There's enough here.

Pichu is also allowed, as well Female Miis

Naturally, there are costume restrictions here.

Pikachu - Pikachu Libre costume only
Ice Climbers - Costumes where Nana is the lead
Pichu - Spiky-Eared Pichu only
Pokémon Trainer - Leaf variants only
Villager - Female versions only
Robin - Female versions only
Corrin - Female versions only
Inkling - Female versions only
Byleth - Female versions only
Steve - Alex variants only

GZHSMXyWcAA583Z?format=jpg&name=large

Stages match the characters, as well as the Smash ones.

GZHSMWZXcAAwzPy?format=jpg&name=large

Same deal with items. But Assist Trophies aren't here, because I have no control over who appears. Pokémon tend to not have visual differences between genders, so that's fine.

Format - 3 Stock
FS Meter - On

See you at 8!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Hey @Glen-i, guess what? You missed another one, you numbskull!

Presenting… SPIKY EARED PICHU!!

SSBU_Spiky_Pichu.png

This fine specimen of feminism here

Spiky Eared Pichu just so happens to be 100% guaranteed to be female and also happens to be a playable character in a Pokemon fighting game you’ve never heard of…

Pokémon Battrio!

battrio_anteprima.jpg

Technically correct, the best kind of correct

This is a Japanese arcade exclusive game that is focused exclusively on Pokemon battling, much like the fan-made Pokemon Showdown; only that it uses NFC chips to select your fighter.  And wouldn’t you know it? Spiky Eared Pichu just so happens to be a playable character in that game! Lucky you Glen!

Oh, BTW.  Just an added little bit of trivia for you.  Spiky Eared Pichu is the one and only Pokemon who has never been given an official 3D model… except for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.  Just as an extra kick in the teeth ;)

Edited by Dcubed

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Hey @Glen-i, guess what? You missed another one, you numbskull!

Presenting… SPIKY EARED PICHU!!

Did you seriously just pull an Edgeworth on me?

9f6.gif

You don't get to hold back on another character, just to do it a second time! No, I'm not updating the image again because of you.

Use Spiky-Eared Pichu if you want. But I'm not going through Smashdown a third time, when you purposefully withheld information!

• Haha 1