NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Is there a set number of days at the beginning that doesn't run on the real-time clock? Like a tutorial type thing 

I’ve now just got a big pile of fish and bug tanks outside my house while I wait for Blathers to arrive tomorrow.

I’ve already picked all my peaches so when they grow back I’ll open up my island so anyone who wants to come get them to plant on their own islands can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Is there a set number of days at the beginning that doesn't run on the real-time clock? Like a tutorial type thing 

The first day has no real-time elements. After that, it kicks in.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

There is something like this at the start but it's very short. Besides, you can't do much until you activate the real world clock.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Esequiel said:

Anyone changing their clock to speed things up a bit?

No, that's cheating. You'll quickly run out of stuff to do as well.

Animal Crossing isn't meant to be played through all at once. A little bit every day.

I've already decided I'm done for the day. Unless someone here opens their Island for social shenanigans, I probably won't boot it up until tomorrow.

Edited by Glen-i

2 minutes ago, Esequiel said:

Anyone changing their clock to speed things up a bit?

Not at all. Geez. The game has only been out 12 hours and people are already wanting to time skip!? 

• Like 3

Never time travelled in New Leaf, definitely not planning on it now. Surely it ruins the whole experience

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

No, that's cheating. You'll quickly run out of stuff to do as well.

Animal Crossing isn't meant to be played through all at once. A little bit every day.

I've already decided I'm done for the day. Unless someone here opens their Island for social shenanigans, I probably won't boot it up until tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Never time travelled in New Leaf, definitely not planning on it now. Surely it ruins the whole experience

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Not at all. Geez. The game has only been out 12 hours and people are already wanting to time skip!? 

I just have a full inventory of new bugs but no museum yet because I have to wait a day!

1 minute ago, Esequiel said:

I just have a full inventory of new bugs but no museum yet because I have to wait a day!

Then play something else. Not everything needs to be done at once.

And anyway, you can only donate an extra 15 things tomorrow either way before the museum starts getting upgraded and you can't donate until it's finished, so don't worry too much.

Take it slooooooww.

I’ve never done the time travelling in Animal Crossing games. I appreciate having something to do each day and never wanted to mess around with that.

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

And I assume in the 12 hours since it's been out you've played 22 hours?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And I assume in the 12 hours since it's been out you've played 22 hours?

Haha. Clearly I have a reputation on here. :D 

I've just finished paying off Nook for my first house (98,000 bells). Doing this also netted me a nice amount of Nook Miles as well.

The amount of presents I've seen flying by me on my island is heartbreaking. I've still not got anything to bring them down with and all I can do is watch them float on by. :( 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I've just finished paying off Nook for my first house (98,000 bells). Doing this also netted me a nice amount of Nook Miles as well.

The amount of presents I've seen flying by me on my island is heartbreaking. I've still not got anything to bring them down with and all I can do is watch them float on by. :( 

You weren't able to buy a Slingshot on my Island?

Alright...now that I've picked up all the weeds

tumblr_mzhg6uyKSg1r2aobgo5_250.gifv

I feel like a drug dealer :D 

By the way, here's my friend code:
3320-4577-2619

To all of you here playing this: Feel free to add me :peace: 

No idea how the online feature works, yet, but I've been in the video game biz for years. I'LL FIGURE IT OUT.

• Haha 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

You weren't able to buy a Slingshot on my Island?

From one of the Nook kids? Nope. I didnt check anywhere else.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it helps, I’ve got a slingshot and have been shooting down lots of presents :p 

• Sad 1

Pro tip: craft numerous leaf umbrellas from weeds and sell each one for double the price the 15 weeds give you. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Pro tip: craft numerous leaf umbrellas from weeds and sell each one for double the price the 15 weeds give you. 

ActualFearfulAldabratortoise-size_restri

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

I'm an idiot. I didn't realise that Timmy had another section to his shop that sells the slingshot as well as other things. I was wondering why the game kept giving me Nook Mile missions for planting flowers. Here's me thinking I hadn't unlocked them yet. Bah! All those presents wasted..... :( 

So how many times did you guys reset the game to get the right island configuration then. I guess with terraforming it isn't as big a deal maybe.

I'm not one to show off and I don't normally sell consoles but I sold my PS4 + my old launch day Switch to get this beauty. Won't be able to play till later though, once I get the system transfer sorted.

IMG2314.jpg

• Like 3

Seems like I'm done for today. Airport is still closed and the museum will be ready tomorrow.

Unlocked quite a few things, though :peace: 
I can see now why my mom spent so many hours with New Leaf. Sadly her copy still hasn't arrived and won't until tomorrow :( 

How will the online aspect of the game work? Would love a quick rundown so I can give it a go tomorrow and let my mom know how we can travel to each other's islands.

I got cherries.

I'm also done for the day. Paid off the 5000 miles for the tent and upgrading to a house tomorrow.

Also picked out a spot for Blathers and the museum So I can start donating more stuff tomorrow.