NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Just set mine up. Called my island Pharloom after Silksong. 

Got the tent for Blathers but I don’t want to set it up so close and I don’t know how to access the rest of the island yet. Can’t seem to find the vaulting pole. 

You get it from Blathers.

Sorry. But I'm certain you'll be able to relocate buildings later on in the game.

BTW, if anyone actually gets the name of my town, then you clearly Google'd it.

Edited by Glen-i

It's good to see everyone is enjoying the game! I'm also incredibly jealous because Amazon haven't delivered my console today... my other half's game has arrived but I'm holding out for my own town. If it doesn't arrive early tomorrow I'll have to re-think this plan. I've added my code to my profile if anyone wants to add me in preparation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Couple of hours in, this game's full of charm and I'm quite liking it so far. 

That damned tanuki managed to convince me to take out a house loan after clearing my initial loan, but 0% interest with no fixed repayment schedule when we're on the verge of a recession, and no less than on a deserted island I get to name and with no infectious disease in sight? It was too good an offer to turn down! 

This tanuki knows how to business.

Blathers is on his way too. From the sound of his name, I have a feeling we're going to get along. Not exactly a fan of where I've set him up, so he's going to have to move in the future, but we're tight for space on Kyoshi until we can start building bridges and vaulting over these rivers. 

Oh, and we have peaches. I love peaches.

• Haha 2

Now that the non-midnight starter people will soon be able to visit other N-Europe Islands, we should get an 8-people get-together some time tomorrow.

I don't mind hosting, seeing as I'll have my museum built tomorrow, but if some nutter actually has played enough to get a shop ready for tomorrow, then we can move the party there instead.

• Like 1

My god this game is gorgeous :heart:

I think I spent longer choosing an island layout than I did on my first day! I was hoping for apples, but I got cherries, a decent second choice.

Done about as much as I can without visiting other islands but seems no one on my friends list is open.

My island is open if anyone wants to visit me.

50 minutes ago, will' said:

Done about as much as I can without visiting other islands but seems no one on my friends list is open.

My island is open if anyone wants to visit me.

I never saw you, am I on your friends list?

26 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I never saw you, am I on your friends list?

You're definitely on mine when I search for you - I tried to see your island and couldn't either.

Productive morning. Donated 15 bits to Blathers so gotta wait now for the museum to open, upgraded all my tools, visited Will and another random island to get supplies and new fruit. Nice to be able to explore a bit more as well now with the vaulting pole.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Now that the non-midnight starter people will soon be able to visit other N-Europe Islands, we should get an 8-people get-together some time tomorrow.

I don't mind hosting, seeing as I'll have my museum built tomorrow, but if some nutter actually has played enough to get a shop ready for tomorrow, then we can move the party there instead.

If it's the same as mine then the museum takes an extra day. I thought it would be fully up and running this morning but sadly that wasn't the case. However, my shop is indeed ready and waiting to be used. 

I've done all my busy work on the island for today, such as finding fossils, doing double NM tasks, shaking trees etc. I just need a little bit more cash and then I can pay my house off again. I need to get materials sorted for a bridge because I have 3 new villagers on their way and Nook wants me to make certain parts of the island more accessible for them. Also, Gulliver showed up on my island this morning. I helped him out with finding 5 bits of his communicator.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

If it's the same as mine then the museum takes an extra day. I thought it would be fully up and running this morning but sadly that wasn't the case. However, my shop is indeed ready and waiting to be used. 

I've done all my busy work on the island for today, such as finding fossils, doing double NM tasks, shaking trees etc. I just need a little bit more cash and then I can pay my house off again. I need to get materials sorted for a bridge because I have 3 new villagers on their way and Nook wants me to make certain parts of the island more accessible for them. Also, Gulliver showed up on my island this morning. I helped him out with finding 5 bits of his communicator.

How did you find the communicator parts by the way? I dug around on the beaches for a while but wasn't finding anything.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

How did you find the communicator parts by the way? I dug around on the beaches for a while but wasn't finding anything.

Look for where the little spots of water squirt out of the sand. It's the same as if you were digging for clams.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

I can finally build ladders!! :yay:  It feels like i'm playing Death Stranding all over again, building ladders and climbing new heights. :D 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Okay. I've just tested it out with Happenstance and I can give ladders to people. If you want a one early so you can access the higher parts of the island then let me know.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Okay. I've just tested it out with Happenstance and I can give ladders to people. If you want a one early so you can access the higher parts of the island then let me know.

I'm gonna do my daily chores (can't let you lot nick all the materials) and I'll give you a buzz through the best friends feature when I'm ready to visit you.

Those weeds on the cliffs are driving me nuts...

Seeing as you have a shop, do you want to host the N-E Island party? I was thinking 7pm tonight would be a good time.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Those weeds on the cliffs are driving me nuts...

If that's the case I advise you don't go visit @Happenstance's island. :D I was tempted to clean them all up for him but that would mean he would miss out on valuable Nook Miles.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Seeing as you have a shop, do you want to host the N-E Island party? I was thinking 7pm tonight would be a good time.

I should be around then, although i'm not sure why my shop has anything to do with me being the host...turnips prices maybe?

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

If that's the case I advise you don't go visit @Happenstance's island. :D I was tempted to clean them all up for him but that would mean he would miss out on valuable Nook Miles.

I should be around then, although i'm not sure why my shop has anything to do with me being the host...turnips prices maybe?

I hadn’t wanted to clean them yet just in case there was something that needed crafting with them early on other than the umbrella 😆

• Haha 1

I can now visit others. 

Can I just go and pick up all the goodies? :D How does it work?

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I mean, you having a shop surely means that you have more basic tools than what is available at the start?

If it's not that helpful for that sort of thing, then I'll just host.

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

I can now visit others. 

First of all, someone has to open their Island to visitors. Then you can fly there.

You can pick stuff up off the ground, but if someone is displaying furniture outside, you can't move it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

I can now visit others. 

Yeah, just head to the airport and look for people who have their islands open. You can shake the tress and get fruit from their islands but remember to only take a few and not the lot. If someone drops an item for you then just pick it up and it's yours. Take any new fruit you get back to your island, plant it and then in a couple of days you'll have new fruit that you can sell for a higher price. 

If you put someone down as your best friend then you can do other things on their island, like chopping trees down. It's best to just make someone a best friend anyway purely because you can see when they open their gates and you can send messages.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, you having a shop surely means that you have more basic tools than what is available at the start?

If it's not that helpful for that sort of thing, then I'll just host.

Yeah, there are new items in there, like wallpapers, party poppers etc.