NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Played for about two hours and I've very quickly fallen into the routine of going round the rivers and ocean to fish, catching bugs along the way to turn in for bells. I'm going to end up playing this and Stardew Valley so much that I'll never get to anything else any time soon.

Named my island Eilean, which means island in Gaelic. I had headphones plugged in while playing on my Lite and there was strong winds on my island, which reminded me of Scotland so I went for something straight to the point. How un-Scottish :laughing: got Pears on my island. It seems most are getting oranges/apples so I was happy with that. Don't have NSO so won't be able to trade for fruit and such but I do have enough gold coins to grab a month or 2 so might do that down the line when I want other fruits.

I do have a question, I know its early doors but does it make any difference paying off your first payment with bells rather than nook miles or should I just use the nook miles? I wondered if it would make later payments less of a pain if I saved them up for later house upgrades.

• Like 1

Mine finally arrived, The pillow arrived and there was no sign of the game, but it arrived a bit after. 
Haven’t started yet, but will be doing so this evening. Have a lovely new 40” TV to play this on too. I can’t wait. 

• Like 3

Got my copy and my snazzy tote bag. Put in about an hour or so before I go out  and I was immediately overcome with joy. Was worried that some of the charm might be lost but its still as wonderful as ever. I think the more regular goals and the structure of learning crafting recipes will take a bit of getting used to but I struggled to tear myself away from the game and turn it off which is obviously a good sign

• Like 1

Haven't played an Animal Crossing game since the Gamecube so it's been really nice to come back to the series. Seems like I go through everything that was open to me today, looking forward to opening more up tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

I do have a question, I know its early doors but does it make any difference paying off your first payment with bells rather than nook miles or should I just use the nook miles? I wondered if it would make later payments less of a pain if I saved them up for later house upgrades.

I didn't even realise you could pay it with bells, I thought it was one of those "options" where you just have to do what it's told you. I think the main thing is to pay off that first loan as fast as possible (within the first day) so that you have the upgrade ready for when you next play as well as unlocking the new features that go alongside it. For what it's worth it didn't take me very long to pay it off with Nook Miles and it seems like you get the the same point afterwards no matter what.

14 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Nope, Tarantulas are still terrifying. Managed to catch the first one that jumped me though.

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I just got taken out by one. Still, it was worth it as I was awarded some Nook Miles for fainting. :p 

They've been running away from me, and I didn't even have the net!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Come visit Izumo Isle, we have cherries!

I'm on my way!

Your place isn't open?

Edited by Glen-i

Well I've hit the wall and done everything I can.

Airport won't open until tomorrow, can't really craft any more tools (I can't get a shovel for some reason...), I'm trapped on a small island, a forked river cuts 2/3 of my island off from me and I can't find a recipe for / buy the tool to get across. Still, managed to get over three hours of playtime out of it. Graphics are really impressive, I love the way everything changes in the sunset. This is the perfect game for isolation, couldn't have come at a better time. I hope I'll be able to venture out tomorrow and visit some of your islands.

I have apples by the way. Picked a map and stuck with it, haven't bothered resetting and probably won't bother now, I like my island's layout. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

(I can't get a shovel for some reason...), I'm trapped on a small island, a forked river cuts 2/3 of my island off from me and I can't find a recipe for / buy the tool to get across.

You get the shovel and vaulting pole recepie from Blathers once he moves into the tent. You might have to donate a few things to him first thuogh I think before he gives you the DIY cards.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, martinist said:

You get the shovel and vaulting pole recepie from Blathers once he moves into the tent. You might have to donate a few things to him first thuogh I think before he gives you the DIY cards.

Ah that explains it then. Only set up the tent about half an hour ago. 

Think I've got most people added here - I've opened my gates if anyone tries to visit. I've got pears if anyone has any other fruit to trade for it!

• Like 1

Huh? guy at the airport says it isn't open untill tomorrow. Looks like I can't go to anyone else's island yet.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I'm on my way!

Your place isn't open?

Ah yeah forgot to mention but indeed my town isn't open yet. I guess that's tomorrow when the airport opens.

I finally managed to get the materials together for the Nook store. Hopefully both that and the museum will be finished tomorrow. :yay:

I think i'll concentrate on getting the 200,000 bells together ready for my house upgrade, tomorrow. That way I can pay it off as soon as it's ready and then put my efforts into other things.I should also have a couple of new villagers arriving soon. Speaking of villagers, I loved both of the ones @Sheikah started with. Tank looks great and the squirrel with the unibrow is hilarious. :D 

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:

By the way for anyone looking for sticks, I found you can just keep shaking any one tree as much as you want and you'll keep getting them.

Interesting. So you don't have to enter and exit a building for them to respawn? Good to know.

I have a digital download code for this game, I was going to put it on eBay for £45 but if anyone wants it and is happy to pay that, feel free to direct message me. 

Ahh man. This thing, it was this big (arm gestures).

7c7c0c0b897e20d2ffbac3d7d2766e0b.jpg

Also a lovely message from Glen

3347bd49b9de0697f916dbcc6968032d.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Wow. Just wow. I’ve been sitting here playing for the last two hours and I’m in love with the game. I got Peaches as my fruit, yes! Been stung by a wasp and bitten by a tarantula but caught a wasp too. Got Blathers tent set up, waiting for the shovel crafting. Also need bridges or that pole vaulting stick thing to get over my rivers. This seems to have taken all the best from the past games and moulded it into this. I don’t mind the crafting will be more fun and easier once I have shovel and can get wood. So much charm in this too. I love the series and I can see this being the best one yet. 

Need to get people here added that I don’t from MK and other games. I can be open for people that want peaches and would be happy to trade other fruit.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Wow. Just wow. I’ve been sitting here playing for the last two hours and I’m in love with the game. I got Peaches as my fruit, yes! Been stung by a wasp and bitten by a tarantula but caught a wasp too. Got Blathers tent set up, waiting for the shovel crafting. Also need bridges or that pole vaulting stick thing to get over my rivers. This seems to have taken all the best from the past games and moulded it into this. I don’t mind the crafting will be more fun and easier once I have shovel and can get wood. So much charm in this too. I love the series and I can see this being the best one yet. 

Need to get people here added that I don’t from MK and other games. I can be open for people that want peaches and would be happy to trade other fruit.  

Just keep in mind that you can't visit other Islands until day 2.

• Thanks 1

I had a visit from Wisp this evening. It was nice to get a visit from one of the special characters this early on in my adventure. I had to go find all his parts and put him back together again. 

I also had a hilarious moment where I needed to pop a balloon to get some Nook Miles. I carefully lined up my shot but the present went falling into a river. Nook really felt sorry for me as it unlocked another Nook Mile, as well as the original one I was after. :D 

I've been trying to catch a tarantula for around 40 mins now. One of my Nook Miles is to catch one and it's worth 500 points but the things just don't show up. :angry:

EDIT: Complaining on the internet really does work! Just nabbed one. :p 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had a visit from Wisp this evening. It was nice to get a visit from one of the special characters this early on in my adventure. I had to go find all his parts and put him back together again. 

I also had a hilarious moment where I needed to pop a balloon to get some Nook Miles. I carefully lined up my shot but the present went falling into a river. Nook really felt sorry for me as it unlocked another Nook Mile, as well as the original one I was after. :D 

I've been trying to catch a tarantula for around 40 mins now. One of my Nook Miles is to catch one and it's worth 500 points but the things just don't show up. :angry:

EDIT: Complaining on the internet really does work! Just nabbed one. :p 

Just seen Wisp on mine but he's across the river. :cry:

The tarantulas seem to have stopped spawning for me. Failed to catch 2 already.

• Sad 1

Just set mine up. Called my island Pharloom after Silksong. 

Got the tent for Blathers but I don’t want to set it up so close and I don’t know how to access the rest of the island yet. Can’t seem to find the vaulting pole.