Julius

Football Season 2018/19

Recommended Posts

This tops last night for the pictures of Pochettino alone

1170ff8e-a2a5-41de-b685-e77c6ae5f708.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2018 at 8:09 PM, Mandalore said:

My not very sensible predictions:

Top 4

1. Liverpool

2. Manchester City

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

 

Bottom 3

18. Fulham

19. Southampton

20. Watford

 

FA Cup: Liverpool

League Cup: Wolves

Champions League: Tottenham

I thought the Champions League one was the least sensible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Chelsea made that difficult, great saves from Kepa in the shootout. It's the first time in history that all the final places in European competition have been filled by a single nation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The capacity of the Olympic Stadium in Baku is basically the same as the Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid (actually slightly larger) and yet Arsenal & Chelsea fans only get allocated 6,000 tickets each for the final. It was already bad enough that Spurs and Liverpool fans would only get 16,000 tickets per club but at least in that case they'll take up about half of the stadium. 12,000 Arsenal and Chelsea fans is a pathetic percentage of seats (less than 1/5) going to actual fans, absolute disgrace.

That's without even considering the inflated prices that are being charged and the fortune that it's going to cost to travel to Madrid & Baku, couldn't believe it when I heard that direct flights to Madrid were so expensive it's not like it's a back woods city, it's the capital of Spain for christ sakes. 

Anyway, if Villa win tomorrow and Sunday has even a 10th of the drama of the European fixtures this week then this will officially be the best week of football ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't fault City. One hell of a season.

Now if anyone needs me I'll be in tears in the shed.😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking season. Obviously I would have loved for us to win the title but I couldn't be prouder of the team. Some of the football we've played this season has been amazing to watch and I hope that we can continue to build on what we started this year.

It does go to show you just how tough City are to keep off the top of the table. Finishing with the amount of points we have and still not winning the league is just nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking end to the season for United. Another bad performance. Huuuuge overhaul needed for our squad...yet one of the only players who seems to give a shit about the team, Herrera, looks to be off. Not confident at all that we'll see any major improvements this time next year.

Liverpool are desperately unlucky to not win the league with that points tally. City and them have been, by far, the best two teams in the league and are at least another level or two above everyone else. Only conceded 22 goals all season and have only lost 1 game. Incredible achievement. This Man City side is insane though and are not fun to play against. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man United need a hard reset, much like what we needed a few years back. They need to stop treating the football club as a business, signing players that are there to just sell shirts, and instead look at what is really needed to make a competitive football team.

The team that's there at the moment has zero passion for the club and most of them look so lazy, something which I said when Jose was in charge. To this day I still blame the players for the sacking of Jose and their performances lately adds to this point.

They need to get rid of these types of players and spend a couple of years rebuilding with players who want to play the sport and make a name for themselves. Despite their fall from grace Man U is still a massive club to play for and I bet there are lots of young talent out there who would jump at the chance to play for them.

Gary Neville's rant the other week was absolutely fantastic and I agreed with just about everything he said about the club. Clear out the staff and useless players and set about rebuilding the club over the next few years. Oh, and pick a manager, support him and give him time. It's no wonder the club is in such a state when there's no stability with the management.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Man United need a hard reset, much like what we needed a few years back. They need to stop treating the football club as a business, signing players that are there to just sell shirts, and instead look at what is really needed to make a competitive football team.

The team that's there at the moment has zero passion for the club and most of them look so lazy, something which I said when Jose was in charge. To this day I still blame the players for the sacking of Jose and their performances lately adds to this point.

They need to get rid of these types of players and spend a couple of years rebuilding with players who want to play the sport and make a name for themselves. Despite their fall from grace Man U is still a massive club to play for and I bet there are lots of young talent out there who would jump at the chance to play for them.

Gary Neville's rant the other week was absolutely fantastic and I agreed with just about everything he said about the club. Clear out the staff and useless players and set about rebuilding the club over the next few years. Oh, and pick a manager, support him and give him time. It's no wonder the club is in such a state when there's no stability with the management.

We're trying to do a worse version of what Real Madrid used to do by buying these "big, expensive" players who just simply don't fit together. The board treat the game as if it's real life FIFA. There's no actual structure to do the way that we play and there are so many technically poor players. When players can't perform decent short passes to each other, you have to ask questions. What alarms me is the work ethic of the team. Liverpool, Man City and even Spurs have players who work much harder than we do. The team has so many lazy players who think that they are much better than they really are and feel that they are simply above doing all of the "donkey-work" that many other professionals do. 

We don't necessarily need world class players in every position, but we definitely need players that work reeeeeally hard for each other and are willing to at least put the leg work in. I'm terrified to look at the stats because I'm certain that it would make for grim reading, but I would imagine our distance covered, pass completion, chances created and tackles made stats would all be very low for a team who are supposed to be at least challenging for top 4. 

The blame has to go to the board members above the manager. We are now very out-dated and are falling even further behind. What bugs me (and I know it also bugs a lot of other fans) is just how...unlikable this United team is. I've seen a lot of words used this season: lazy, arrogant, childish, spoilt, pointless, etc. I feel that it's unfair to put too much of the blame on Ole because the rot had already set in before he even came to the table, and he hasn't even had a chance to bring in his own players yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok then, player of the season for Liverpool. Van Dijk or Alexander Arnold? Gotta be one of those two right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is tragically funny!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

Edited by Blade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge congratulations to @Eenuh for winning the N-Europe Fantasy Football League.

She actually missed the first week of matches, so would have won by an even larger margin! :o

I initially thought that she'd stick with it for a couple of weeks and then either she, myself or maybe even both of us would become bored really quickly. Quite impressed with how she kept up with it weekly and the amount of thought and effort she put into it. She put Mane in instead of Salah for the last game and he ended up scoring twice. 

So yes, well deserved. Have to admit that the last few weeks were quite exciting when she figured that she was in with a chance of winning the league. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Huge congratulations to @Eenuh for winning the N-Europe Fantasy Football League.

She actually missed the first week of matches, so would have won by an even larger margin! :o

I initially thought that she'd stick with it for a couple of weeks and then either she, myself or maybe even both of us would become bored really quickly. Quite impressed with how she kept up with it weekly and the amount of thought and effort she put into it. She put Mane in instead of Salah for the last game and he ended up scoring twice. 

So yes, well deserved. Have to admit that the last few weeks were quite exciting when she figured that she was in with a chance of winning the league. :D 

Well done @Eenuh

I lost track early in the season for a good while after my daughter was born. Managed a really good run since just after the January Transfer Window closed and I used my Wildcard though... even if I still forgot about it some weeks.

I’ll try and be more focused next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kav said:

Well done @Eenuh

I lost track early in the season for a good while after my daughter was born. Managed a really good run since just after the January Transfer Window closed and I used my Wildcard though... even if I still forgot about it some weeks.

I’ll try and be more focused next year.

I did well up until around February and then my season fell apart. Actually, when United hit that good run of form and Callum Wilson picked up that injury, I decided to use my wild card. I put Martial, Pogba and Son into my team and, unfortunately, it didn't pay off into the long-term. I had Bernardo Silva in there and he was doing well for me, but I thought Son would get me points and that Pogba would keep banging them in. After the wildcard, I steadily fell and have finished in fifth place. Before that, I was somewhere around 2nd-4th. Bit gutted, haha.

Definitely looking forward to this next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats @Eenuh

I had some good weeks, but often my points were slightly under the average. Unfortunately the player that inspired my team name got a season ending injury a few months back, was a bit gutting having to transfer him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't even remember if I bothered having a team this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew, that was a lot more stressful than it needed to be but we've made it to the play off final again! Was absolutely dreading penalties but Jed took all the drama out of it with those two early saves, we were a little slow in possession and didn't create enough chances really but hopefully we can make up for that in the final. Not really bothered who we face, though if it's Leeds things could get pretty tasty after all the drama a couple of week ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, killthenet said:

Phew, that was a lot more stressful than it needed to be but we've made it to the play off final again! Was absolutely dreading penalties but Jed took all the drama out of it with those two early saves, we were a little slow in possession and didn't create enough chances really but hopefully we can make up for that in the final. Not really bothered who we face, though if it's Leeds things could get pretty tasty after all the drama a couple of week ago. 

What’ve you made of Tammy whilst he’s been with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kav said:

What’ve you made of Tammy whilst he’s been with you?

He's been rough around the edges at times but has shown plenty of quality, definitely one of the best strikers in the Championship this season. Whatever happens in the final I do hope we take him on loan again, I think he's grown quite a lot since he last played in the top flight with Swansea and I think he could be pretty useful in the Premier League next season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck the Chelsea hierarchy for arranging that fucking pointless friendly last night.

Loftus-Cheek looking to be out with an Achilles injury, possibly for up to 6 months if ruptured as feared... our best (only) offensive Mid injured before the Europa League final.

Both Sarri & the players didn't want it... Sarri was, rightly, fuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One final down, two to go. A shame Watford didn't take that early chance, it was very one sided once City scored. Best bit was Kompany's expression when he walked past Deeney near the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now