N-Europe

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Glen-i

19 hours ago, Ugh first aid said:

Oh my gosh I just got cat quest too! It's supurrrisingly fun! :p Dean just got Monster Hunter worlds and that kinda kicked us in the mood for some hunts. Sadly I'm working tomorrow and Sunday evening. So I won't be home till like midnight-ish. Would love to get some hunts in with you guys soon though! Gotta get some bling armour ready for ultimate @RedShell @S.C.G

Does this new feature where you can alter the appearance of your hunter’s outfit without changing the stats work for Prowlers too?

16 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Brilliant game. I picked it up not long after launch and loved every minute of it. It's such a charming title.

Yeah, I remember. :) 

I’m also loving it, totally addicted! And real-time battles + cats, so very much my kind of RPG. :grin:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Does this new feature where you can alter the appearance of your hunter’s outfit without changing the stats work for Prowlers too?

Yes, apparently it works in the Japanese version so it should be fine here.

Worth noting that for some silly reason, not all of the gear gotten from DLC quests can be used with this.

Also worth noting that it's an unlockable feature, you have to get to G-Rank first and then do some other stuff I'm not entirely sure of.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Fair warning to anyone who's on the fence about jumping into Monster Hunter with this game.

If this demo is anything like the Japanese one, it's not gonna explain anything. So don't go expecting tutorials.

I'm only downloading the demo so that I can kill some extra Astalos, so we're all good. :D

19 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I'm only downloading the demo so that I can kill some extra Astalos, so we're all good. :D

Afraid there's no Astalos in this one.

Just Great Maccao, my mortal nemesis, Barioth and a new monster that looks a bit like a Jet.

Online multiplayer is a pleasant surprise though. Let's hope you can join a room via it's ID so we can get some N-E hunts going. If anyone wants some back up, just give me a shout.

Just, not during Mario Kart or Splatoon tonight.

• Haha 1

Had a very quick go, it’s basically the same as the Japanese demo (including the ugly pixilated HUD sadly), with added online multi and some extra arrows added for dumb dumbs who can’t find the monster they’re after.

Looks like butt, plays great! Will be up for playing online alongside Glen-i later on today!

Edited by Dcubed

Just tried the new hunter styles with @Ugh first aid

They're really neat! Alchemy Style is great for support while Valor style is all about that risk and reward. The reward being ridiculous acrobatic feats.

That said, being a SnS fan, I prefer the utility of Adept style's dodge-Aerial attack combo, so I'll be sticking with that.

We're gonna fight the later 2 monsters with @Dcubed in a bit.

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm on downloading it now. Gonna be interesting to see how I adjust as I'm sitting here playing World at the moment and then gonna jump straight into the demo.

I just got World myself (when it came out on Steam a week or so ago) and I had no trouble adjusting really.  If anything, the simpler and more recognisable environments were refreshing!

Edited by Dcubed

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I just got World myself (when it came out on Steam a week or so ago) and I had no trouble adjusting really.  If anything, the simpler and more recognisable environments were refreshing!

I've put over 300 hours into World. It's pretty hard to break certain habits. For example, when firing a flash I was hitting the ZR which then brought up chat. :D 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Tried the new beastie twice and both times the randomers died within a few mins. This is gonna be fun....

Are you honestly surprised random people who have probably not played this before are owned by a high level monster?

15 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Wouldn't mind played the demo before or after Splatoon and getting myself killed online!

Well, if you're up for it after Splatoon, I'll help you out while you try to learn the ropes.

Edited by Glen-i