NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Arrowverse TV Shows

Figured as they specific show threads dont tend to get posted in all that often, even during the seasons that we could probably just have one thread that will hopefully get more activity.

Details for the latest crossover have been announced today including this great bit of art from Phil Jimenez. I'll leave it in a spoiler tag just in case some people may not want to see.

Spoiler

crisis-on-earth-x-poster.jpg?q=35&w=864&

Interesting. Unfortunately, I am unable to follow these shows in the future because I don't have anywhere to watch them legally anymore so will have to wait for Netflix and they are really slow at putting out the new seasons.

Also still need to watch the endings of Arrow s5 and The Flash S3. Didn't enjoy these seasons as much so put them on hold for a while.

I used to love these shows, but at some point I just stopped :/ dunno if its a sign of growing old or what.

Actually there was a pivotal point that put me off and I never recovered. An episode of Arrow came out, and it had a "previously on" featuring loads of stuff I hadn't seen. That made me realise that if I wanted the complete experience, I had to catch up on Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, neither of which I particularly enjoy. I think not being able to put in the effort needed for that told me that I just didn't have it in me anymore.

Arrow started off as such a good show, then fell victim to just getting dumber and dumber and dumber as time went on. The roster expanded constantly in all different, infeasible directions. It was so much better when Oliver was a solo badass surgically taking apart targets and large groups of criminals. Obviously that format couldn't continue forever but I don't really enjoy the soap opera twists it took, the love triangles or the menagerie of sidekicks and buddies. Felicity's deus ex hachina bs drives me mad too, can't stand the "guy in the chair" that can solve everything by hacking into satellites, sensors, security systems etc in a split second.

Flash has pretty similar issues. Barry is so incompetent, never really solves anything himself. Either his team figures things out for him, or he fucks things up. He's like the JD of superheroes.

Supergirl was just never enjoyable past the first episode.

That said, Arrow was starting to get a bit less terrible in the last season, and I read many people who said it was a return to form for the show, so I may be willing to give that one another shot.

• Like 1

I still watch and enjoy Arrow and Flash. Legends was a bit too cheesy for me and I never really got all that into Supergirl.

I thought we agreed it was called Legends of Flarrowgirl?  

Although there's two new shows since then isn't there?

I haven't watched the currently airing seasons of any of these, nor the previous season.  And in fact I think I didn't finish Legends.  I just kind of forgot they were still going.

I feel that by season 5, Green Arrow was such a wuss that couldn't take on a couple of soldiers and win on his own - much in contrast to his abilities in season 1 or 2. And also, I agree that Felicity is too good to be true. Didn't enjoy all the love triangles as well. However, I do like Green Arrow as a character, and I don't mind him teaming up with Arsenal or Speedy from time to time. 

The Flash I enjoyed more but I agree that Barry again was too inable in the end and it doesn't feel like that's how he is in the comics that I've read / seen. Also, I don't like Iris. Like... at all. 

I think all these shows could do with fewer episodes per season because they spread out the stories too thin, 12 would be more than enough, and they would still be able to run a couple of episodes with villain of the week a couple of times per season.

Just finished watching all 4 parts of Crisis on Earth X and thought it was great. Maybe a bit too much relationship drama thrown in at odd moments but apart from that and a bit of an anticlimactic final battle I really enjoyed it. Much better than the Justice League movie! Lol

Got a Black Friday deal on Flash s3 bluray and Arrow s5 bluray so will be able to watch these now. If I can get the time between Xenoblade 2 and life.

Just finished watching the first episode of Black Lightning on Netflix and it seems like it should be pretty good. Despite his powers the show feels a lot more grounded and facing real life problems which should be a nice change to the other Arrowverse shows. I don’t think they necessarily need him joining in the crossovers every year but I would like to see some interaction between them all before one or more of the shows end.

Finally finished The Flash season 3 on Netflix now. I have been holding out for it because my wife and I stopped watching at about episode 10 and she said she wanted to watch the rest but it sorta never happened. Now I'll just pretend to not have seen it - works for me.

I liked that season better than season 2 but man, I'm glad the next villain is not a speedster. Gets kinda boring - also, the intro needs changing every season ("I'm the fastest man alive" - yeah, right). I also found that there were quite a few filler episodes - I skipped episode 17 (the musical) entirely and half-watched episode 22 (the memory loss).

Now I'll do the same with Arrow season 5 although I am less inclined to do so as I didn't really enjoy it - Green Arrow has because such a wimp since getting so many side-kicks. 

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:
  Spoiler Image from next year's Arrowverse shows (Reveal hidden contents)

DdaPF7-X4AAPwWX.jpg:large

Spoiler

Does that mean they've completely given up on the films? :D

Just now, Sméagol said:
  Hide contents

Does that mean they've completely given up on the films? :D

Spoiler

It's Batwoman so there's no conflict with the films

16 minutes ago, Happenstance said:
  Spoiler (Hide contents)

It's Batwoman so there's no conflict with the films

Spoiler

That wasn't apparent from the bat-signal logo. Should have made it pink.

I watched an episode of Arrow season 5 yesterday to start up again - I think it was episode 16, where Green Arrow learned the identity of Prometheus. I'm not going to watch the rest of the season, just the two last episodes. It is painfully bad. The fights were bad, the bad guy is boring, the team is terrible, Green Arrow is weak. I cannot see how this show was allowed to continue for another season.

I miss season 5. It was so much better than season 6.

• Sad 1

I haven't seen season 4 and 6 of Flash and Arrow respectively, so probably shouldn't have watched those trailers but Arrow looks interesting. May skip season 6 and wait for this instead. Flash looks like a semi-boring season, more speedsters, yay... 

That actually looks good. I was a huge fan of Arrow and Flash at first and I put up with a lot of crap, but I really just fell out with them gradually and then, without even consciously trying, just stopped watching.

I stopped watching Arrow whatever season Dhark was in (at the end of said season).  I got way behind with everything and couldn't be bothered to carry on.

I did like whatshisface who plays him said during Comic Con the fans will be "pissed off" with Oliver in the premiere.  He's clearly not gauged the fans opinions on Oliver in about...six years?

This year’s crossover event Elseworlds just finished (and was really good) and it ended with an announcement for next year’s crossover 

Spoiler

DuLnJy7W4AQ3krw.jpg:large

John Glover who played Lionel Luthor in Smallville has already tweeted about it and Elseworlds already had a big Smallville nod in it so I’m really hopeful that we get some massive cameos next year.

Sign in to follow this