N-Europe

Official Band-Pimping Thread

zatoichi

To both bands, I really don't like that kinda of trash metal kinda sound. I find it hard to distinguish alot between them and I'm usually bored while listening to them. I thought the singer was fine for skullthrash, sounds like this guy who I can't remember the name of.

I would post my band, but we don't have any songs and has never had a gig.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My band! http://www.myspace.com/harvieband

It's like, um, indie-rock-type-stuff.

Wow, I really love you band. The music is great and the singing suits it perfectly. Sure the recording wasn't perfect but it sounds damn good.

EDIT: I was saying that after listening to Out of Town. I likve the other songs just as much or more, especailly Fade Out Acustic. Brilliant stuff.

http://irono.thrill-source.com

My band, we don't have any recordings as such, but you can watch a shitty quality recording of us over at google vids (click)

Yes we know the singer isn't overly suited to the music, but he's all we can get at the moment.

E: Commando is on tonight...

Remember when I told you I'd kill you last?

I lied.

LET'S PARTY

i'm the bassist which you can only see for about 20 seconds at the begining.

and yes, thats part of the song, and why i don't particularly like the singer. It's meant to be more like, errm, slipknot rapping, where it's slightly shouting. Also his voice turns american in the chorus which is weird :/

• 2 years later...

Om

Stoner/Doom Metal

United States of America (Oakland, California)

Southern Lord Active

Current line-up

Al Cisneros - Bass, Vocals (Sleep, Asbestos Death)

Emil Amos - Drums (Grails)

'Om' is the Hindu syllable known as the natural vibration of the universe, often used as a mantra (a rhythmic ritual word that Hindus use and repeat for a long time when getting in trance mental states). The bands lyrics deal with matters of the spiritual.

http://www.myspace.com/variationsontheme

http://www.omvibratory.com/

33472photoso2.jpg

i was lucky enough to see Om last december at All Tomorrow's Parties. It was really interesting, enveloping stuff. I've not actually heard them recorded though, I had heard of them and knew they would be well worth seeing.

Crikey, uber-bumpage!

Anyway, I'm not in the band I posted 2 years ago anymore, they kinda fizzed out after the singer had a baby. Oh well. But I'm in a new one now, and we're pretty damn good, if I may say so myself. :heh:

This Is My Lawnmower

We're an electro/rock/indie 5 piece from Manchester who got their band name from a silly MSPaint drawing our guitarist did years ago. We've got several songs on our MySpace and we've been on TV and radio several times and things. If you like Muse, Bloc Party, Interpol or The Smiths at all, you may like us. It's all good!

i was lucky enough to see Om last december at All Tomorrow's Parties. It was really interesting, enveloping stuff. I've not actually heard them recorded though, I had heard of them and knew they would be well worth seeing.

Some Recs for an Om fan;

Sleep (naturally)

Electric Wizard

Saint Vitus

Spirit Caravan

Jesu

Crikey, uber-bumpage!

Anyway, I'm not in the band I posted 2 years ago anymore, they kinda fizzed out after the singer had a baby. Oh well. But I'm in a new one now, and we're pretty damn good, if I may say so myself. :heh:

This Is My Lawnmower

We're an electro/rock/indie 5 piece from Manchester who got their band name from a silly MSPaint drawing our guitarist did years ago. We've got several songs on our MySpace and we've been on TV and radio several times and things. If you like Muse, Bloc Party, Interpol or The Smiths at all, you may like us. It's all good!

Quite good. I like the songs. The singer is ok, but not the greatest. He's certainly not a natural talent.

Holy shit, This thread.

Totally forgot about that video I posted :/

Anyways, my new musical project.

http://www.myspace.com/farjill

I'd say IDM, but it's not exactly intelligent at all :/

Twozzok... I like! The reviewer's fairly accurate, it is quite nintendocore-esque - but I'd say Mindless Self indulgence is more accurate. Check them out if you haven't already, along with Totally Radd!! and HORSE The Band.

If anything I'd say it could benefit from more pauses/intermissions.. but yeah, MSI-it-up to see what I mean. Then flick over to Absurd Minds and Velvet Acid Christ for some more ideas -- I'd say your music could work well with some sampling.

So yeah - seriously, keep me posted with this :P

Hey guys,

We (Evalia) have to the chance to win a competition to go on tour with a semi-famous band. (Although I've never heard of the them)

All we need to you to is :

1) go to this address:

http://memusic.metro.co.uk/users/evalia

2) Sign Up for a free account

3) Rate our song by saying you "like it".

And don't worry about signing up, they'll never send you any crap as long as you tick the "no" boxes when signing up. Thanks a lot!

And our third demo album is half way through, hopefully it'll be done soon!

Peter x

• 3 weeks later...

Gig reviewwwwww of us from Tuesday night:

Six months since I last saw This Is My Lawnmower, they were impressive then in a loads-of-potential way; tonight I'm watching a band who have pretty much nailed it, and that's always a good feeling.

Manchester mostly stood aside during the short-lived and somewhat manufactured "New Rave" scene, this being a city that never found it unusual to have techno in one ear and guitar bands in the other anyway. Now This Is My Lawnmower along with the equally exciting Delphic are at the forefront of a new flavour of Mancunia, where influences from our illustrious history of epic indie rock are stuffed with electro beats and bleeps.

TIML's speciality is boneshaking post-punk reminiscent of the early Chameleons, wired up to the National Grid and injected with a Killers way with a pop tune; elsewhere they're already showing signs of a wider outlook. New song "Closer To Home" is bleaker, reminiscent of Talk Talk with frontman Paul Rawson adding mournful trumpet lines across Paul Halpin's wintry keyboard lines. Another new one doesn't have a title and sounds like LCD soundsystem covering So Young-spec Stone Roses. "Two contrasting songs there, I think" muses Rawson afterwards. Indeed, and two bloody good ones at that. And that name? Yep, utterly ridiculous. Stick me down for a T-shirt as soon as you've got some, lads.

manchestermusic.co.uk

Single reviewwwwww for the This Is My Lawnmower EP, released on 22nd September on iTunes:

Those familiar to MM’s soft spot for This Is My Lawnmower, will know by now that this band can mix dance music with toughened indie rock, emblazoned with EMO and brassy flourishes. “Quagmire” is the band at their archetypal best, stomping out four for the floor and cementing a reliable line in their own pocket sized anthems. “Rain Piped Up” provides a familar northern flavour, tinged with elements of Ska and Paul Rawson’s deadpan melodies. It’s not long before a series of meaty hooks bookend these narratives, as the song rushes into a simple but smartly spaced out crescendo. The recordings have been supervised by the band’s Halpin brothers and a fine job it is too, providing the sparse, slightly raw brightness of a regular demo with some brilliantly EQ’d and recorded instruments. “Closer To Home” is another of the bands post-ballad, almost epic soundtracks; one that ambles along with croons and sideways-on melodies that still punch at an intelligent weight. It's another hint that there’s a little party going on somewhere inside this intriguing band.

MMMM(/5)

manchestermusic.co.uk

:cool: