Serebii

Splatoon 2

Room full.

doing a random game in the meantime.

Edited by Sméagol

1 minute ago, ArtMediocre said:

Noooo! Managed to click "recruit members" and randoms joined in =_=

Haha. 

Im gonna call it a night. It's been a right disaster.

This right here is why Nintendo's online is a piece of junk. Having to hook up via a forum in 2017 just to play a game together is an absolute joke. Had we had party chat or proper invites and messaging this kind of situation wouldn't be happening. I despise that company at times. I really do.

• Like 1

Finish the game. I've created a room, and will wait until you're ready.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. 

This right here is why Nintendo's online is a piece of junk. Having to hook up via a forum in 2017 just to play a game together is an absolute joke. Had we had party chat or proper invites and messaging this kind of situation wouldn't be happening. I despise that company at times. I really do.

But the children...think of the children.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

But the children...think of the children.

To hell with the children. What about us adults who've had a hard day at work and want to come home and relax by hooking up with mates for some online gaming. Think of the adults!!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To hell with the children. What about us adults who've had a hard day at work and want to come home and relax by hooking up with mates for some online gaming. Think of the adults!!!

Should've played PS4 :p

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I would if this was on it. Believe me!

I do ;)

Everybody would :D

12 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Jesus, this mode is pretty intense! Sorry to be a noob and drag you down with me though.

You'll get used to it. The hardest part is getting used to weapons that you don't usually use. You've been thrown in at the deep end tonight as the weapon selection was pretty poor.

Yeah got the sniper and the brush a lot, that's not a really good choice for horde mode. But I'm glad we got in at least one good round at the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. 

I don't get it either. I suspect the Switch may actually lack the memory to run something like voicechat (or say, a webbrowser) on the background. But apart from integrated voicechat, there are other simple things they could have implemented that could have alleviated much of this. I rarely use voicechat, but I always had other options on PC..

- Text chat.. Apparently, the Switch already supports USB keyboards.
- More text commands on the d-pad. Instead, or in addition to "this way", I'd like to be able to distinguish between golden eggs and important threats for example.
- Even more text commands in the lobby, just like Mario Kart.
- In a lobby, have the option to invite friends. And / or give out a notification when somebody has opened up a room, similar to the notifications when a friend starts a game.

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Jesus, that griller... that was hard!

They're easy, if you know what to do.. Just like with the goldie rush, I like to camp (with the whole team) near the basket, on that particular map that little hill right next to it. Especially when you're targeted. If you have a laser pointed at you, the griller is coming for you, so just camp at a spot where you can easily get away. It will ignore the others, so they can move more freely to get a better shot at it. But generally it's actually pretty easy to hit it right from that hill (depending on your weapon). Oh unless it's coming from the other side, so keep an eye out. But just drop down from that hill, wait a second, than climb up back on it, to kite it and give others a chance to kill it. It also has the benefit (just like the goldie rush) that golden eggs will be dropped right next to the basket, so no need to run all over the place.

• Like 2

I ended up getting a copy of the game yesterday. I was planning on waiting a bit as I'm trying to save some money. The plan was to have Overwatch as my competitive game fix during my 2 weeks off work but one day into that I was so sick of all the moaning in the chat that I gave up.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club, Happenstance! We should get the N-Europe gang together for some quick games later :D. 

6 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I ended up getting a copy of the game yesterday. I was planning on waiting a bit as I'm trying to save some money. The plan was to have Overwatch as my competitive game fix during my 2 weeks off work but one day into that I was so sick of all the moaning in the chat that I gave up.

No (voice) chat has its advantages!

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

No (voice) chat has its advantages!

I was talking about text chat. I didnt get any voice chat in Overwatch either. Plus I only ever use voice chat in party chat anyway.