NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

I've added you ArtMediocre.

There seems to have been an outcry from fans over the way the Spatfest was handled. Kotaku have a piece on it.

http://kotaku.com/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-t-1797572693

@Helmsly you played the original game a lot. We're Splatfests always like this, in the sense that you would get matched up against your own side? If so then I don't understand why fans are choosing now to start kicking off about it.

37 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There seems to have been an outcry from fans over the way the Spatfest was handled. Kotaku have a piece on it.

http://kotaku.com/mayo-won-splatfest-but-some-splatoon-2-players-worry-t-1797572693

@Helmsly you played the original game a lot. We're Splatfests always like this, in the sense that you would get matched up against your own side? If so then I don't understand why fans are choosing now to start kicking off about it.

When there is a much more popular choice teams would inevitably play against each other. Happened plenty of times in the first game. My only guess at why there is so much outcry would be there are many more Westerners playing this time round and probably a lot of people playing for the first time.

• Like 2

I don't get why you'd complain over this. It's anecessary evil.. Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to fight teammates, but the alternative is to wait forever until an opposing team becomes available. In the end it's just regular turfwar with some added flavour.

Edit:
I'm opening a Salmon run room at 21:00 UK.

Edited by Sméagol

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I remember it happening a few times, but like @Nicktendo said, it only really happened when one of the choices was far more popular then the other. I never had it happen as much as last nights Splatfest though, because the vast majority of my matches were Ketchup vs Ketchup throughout the 4 hours I was playing it.

But yeah, the reason its getting more of a reaction now is probably because more westerners are playing this series now then ever before 

There's a simple solution... lie. Tell mr ketchup team that the opposing team are team mayo.

Say I was playing, I was ketchup and I knew Helmsly was ketchup.. the game told me I was against mayo.. but.. but Helmsly is playing in the mayo team? and he see's me playing in the mayo team... hmm.
So lie about the user names too. simple. If it really bothers people that much... so long as the game deals with the situation fairly, it doesn't really matter.

Personally I enjoyed the my team vs my team battles... the pressure was off a bit, I could focus on trying out new tactics, exploring shortcuts or what ever. If it didn't work out no big problem! On a personal level it only matters if your team wins, that's where you make the biggest difference to your winnings.

Anyway, maybe Nintendo can allow people to disable team vs team battles.. or maybe better explain the situation (I believe the first splatfest or two didn't allow this, leading to LOOOONG waiting times, so they put this system in, allowing people to up their rating even if they weren't directly contributing to the team winning%) I believe in splatoon they explained fairly clearly how team vs team battles worked in the context of the team win % as well as the players benefits... and also explained it was to avoid waiting...

annnyway. I miss splatfests :(

16 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

There's a simple solution... lie. Tell mr ketchup team that the opposing team are team mayo.

[..]

No, that would cause an even bigger shitstorm than the current situation, once it gets found out, and it would get found out.

21 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

Say I was playing, I was ketchup and I knew Helmsly was ketchup.. the game told me I was against mayo.. but.. but Helmsly is playing in the mayo team? and he see's me playing in the mayo team... hmm.
So lie about the user names too. simple. If it really bothers people that much... so long as the game deals with the situation fairly, it doesn't really matter.

People moan about Nintendo now. The shitstorm if they did this would be off the scale.

How would anyone know? it's not like there is anything to differentiate the teams - team mayo and team ketchup have the same objectives :D

And just keep it really quiet, not many people would need to know - it would be server side and if it got out just say it appears there was a glitch but fortunately it doesn't seem to have carried through to affect the final result, etc etc.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got a room open for those wanting to play Salmon Run for an hour.

Got distracted ;). I'm on in a few minutes.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Got distracted ;). I'm on in a few minutes.

No probs.

*continues to play Miitopia* @S.C.G you have now been recruited as part of my quest crew. :D

I'm not familiar with the 2nd weapon. I hope it's a decent set of weapons.

Haha, just fill up the room with randoms, unless you really want to do this with just the 2 of us..

3 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'm not familiar with the 2nd weapon. I hope it's a decent set of weapons.

That was great. The game didn't match is with anyone and I started with the heavy weapon!

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

This is a terrible set of weapons.. There goes my rank again.

Yup. Having a right nightmare here.

V has joined as well so if Smeagol and ArtMediocre jump in that's a full squad.

Crazy that we somehow got matched up with RedShell in the last game. :D

Just now, ArtMediocre said:

Hmmm... do I have to finish the training before i'm able to join? :o

Probably. :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Having a right nightmare here.

You still on?

5 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Is there still room? I can probably join :).

I can make a new room. 

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

You still on?

I can make a new room. 

Yeah. Join on me and V. Room is open.