NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

6 minutes ago, Kav said:

Can someone please @ me if they release an update that allows you to change weapons/gear in the lobbies (or better yet, in the matches)?

Here's me being stingy: the Mrs's kids fancy playing it but I'm far too against buying the game at even close to full whack (unless they change the above)! Haha

Considering that they never changed it from the original game I really doubt it will happen.

Also, apparently the way the matchmaking works is that it tries to balance teams out depending on what weapon you have selected. The whole system would need a major overhaul/scrapped if it allowed for weapon changes.

Im not saying I like this, nor am I defending it, but this just appears to be how it is, unfortunately.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DuD said:

Anyone on?

I don't know how long you intend to stay on, I'll probably get on later, but I just got home (went to see Atomic blonde), so I just want to relax for a moment.

11 hours ago, DuD said:

Anyone on?

I waited until 11pm ( that's when Dazzy was supposed to be on ) but no one else showed. I then thought "sod it" and just went to bed. 

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I waited until 11pm ( that's when Dazzy was supposed to be on ) but no one else showed. I then thought "sod it" and just went to bed. 

I fell asleep during the Chelsea game on MOTD...woke up during the credits of some random movie 😂

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Oh my god. Sorry. No one replied to didn’t think anyone was up for it :( Been on it quite a bit today, saw you in, was just thinking - if only that stupid app had messaging I would’ve got your attention for a game, I did set up a friend room on the off chance someone looked...

on that note, if you set up a friend salmon run room, then search players and fill the room that way,  an friends join and wait? 

Edited by dazzybee

15 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

if on,y that stupid app had messaging I. Oukdve got your attenti9n for a game,

Have I accidentally clicked the drunken thread?

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Me and Dakota on turf if anyone fancies joining us

Not tonight, but what's your friendcode dude?

32 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Not tonight, but what's your friendcode dude?

1114-6376-2817

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Oh my god. Sorry. No one replied to didn’t think anyone was up for it :( Been on it quite a bit today, saw you in, was just thinking - if only that stupid app had messaging I would’ve got your attention for a game, I did set up a friend room on the off chance someone looked...

Yup, it's absolute garbage. I popped on and off quite a bit yesterday and seen a few N-E people on at various times but couldn't contact them in any way to setup a game.  I assume people were doing Salmon Run as I didn't have the option to join their games when playing Turf Wars. You have to be constantly looking at the forums to see if there's a game going on. 

We've once again got a console that has a friends list that is essentially useless. I don't care that this whole app/online thing is in beta. It shouldn't be in beta. The thing should have been ready for the launch of the console.  There's simply no defending the mishandling of Nintendo's online setup as they've had plenty of chances to get it right and in some ways have even regressed. 

• Like 2

I only hope the online service will get better as time goes by. At least now they actually show what your friends are playing when they're online and start up a game.

Hopefully they will add messaging (come on Nintendo, this is the most given thing you need to include in a social app....) notifications and maybe a planning schedule for groups. 

But I'm not holding my breath for any of those features.

The incredible annoying thing is, even if they can't be arsed / don't have the means to develop an integrated (voice) chat app on the Switch itself, there are already various things in place that with a little tweaking, could make our lives much easier. I've bought and am playing Infinite Minigolf, and while the interface is terrible overall, it has 2 things Splatoon, and other games have not. I can invite people, but the strangest thing is something I can't remember seeing anywhere else: my profile, something you should be able to see, not only mentiones I'm playing Infinite minigolf, but also mentiones what I'm currently doing within the game.. Whether I'm in the menu, in an actual game, or in the editor. Looks like some Api Nintendo has forgotten about itself.

You can invite people on splatoon 2 actually, through the online lobby, and it sends a notification on their switches, so that could be one way thinking about it. 

7 hours ago, dazzybee said:

You can invite people on splatoon 2 actually, through the online lobby, and it sends a notification on their switches, so that could be one way thinking about it. 

I'm talking about in-game. The lobby has no use for me.

Argh. Salmon run being annoying tonight. 

In friends it auto joins so quickly. It should only look for other players when you ask it to so you can invite friends. 

So fucking annoying. 

Yep, flight would be far more convenient in everyday life. Voting for that.

Invisibility is for pervs anyway.

20 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Invisibility is for pervs anyway.

And that's why I thought you'd vote for it.

I'd vote for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

And that's why I thought you'd vote for it.

Hey, just because you got a glimpse into my google history, doesn't mean you know everything about me.

My laziness overrides pretty much everything in my books. If there's a way that requires less effort, I'll take it. Unless it's a gaming self-imposed challenge.