NEurope
Serebii

Splatoon 2

8 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

Welcome to the club, Happenstance! We should get the N-Europe gang together for some quick games later :D. 

As long as you make it Friday-Sunday, I should be able to jump in on that.

You get disconnected Nicktendo? 

Having a mare this evening. I've yet to be on a side that wins. They are either pants, have a person disconnect or have a player just sat at spawn. :(

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You get disconnected Nicktendo? 

Having a mare this evening. I've yet to be on a side that wins. They are either pants, have a person disconnect or have a player just sat at spawn. :(

What else would it be.... Getting so tired of these disconnects.

Al least we've managed to string a few wins together now. Trying out a new roller and it's not as great as I remember :D

splatoon_advice.png

Between all the pro-furries, anti-furries, and g&k idiots, some friendly helpful advice.

splatoon_marina.png

♥♥♥

splatoon_splatfest.png

I thought this was a cool looking screenshot until I realised I was wearing headphones at a concert.

splatoon_square.png

A jellyfish with a post-splatfest hangover.

splatoon_lake.png

Look how happy he looks at this point in his life.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

What else would it be.... Getting so tired of these disconnects.

Al least we've managed to string a few wins together now. Trying out a new roller and it's not as great as I remember :D

Good games, Nicktendo. We started cleaning house and grabbed some big wins. 

• Like 1

Guys can you stop talking about playing this until I get my switch back? :D

• Like 1

If I don't have any other plans tomorrow, I'll be up for some Salmon run revenge. The weapon selection is much better this time around.

Maybe we should also meet up for those league battles some time?

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

If I don't have any other plans tomorrow, I'll be up for some Salmon run revenge. The weapon selection is much better this time around.

Maybe we should also meet up for those league battles some time?

I'm free for Salmon Run tomorrow before 4 and after 10pm. Thursday the same. As for League Battles I'm happy to give it go whenever anyone else is available, either in a pair or as a team of four.

• Like 1

So this happened.

DGyPTxoVoAMlt9o.jpg

I wonder if an alternate universe exists where Nintendo and the Internet get along just fine.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

So this happened.

DGyPTxoVoAMlt9o.jpg

I wonder if an alternate universe exists where Nintendo and the Internet get along just fine.

Haha. Wow. 

Quick question. If the servers/service stays as it is, will you be paying the subscription fee to play online when it's released next year?

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. Wow. 

Quick question. If the servers/service stays as it is, will you be paying the subscription fee to play online when it's released next year?

It just happened I second time and I lost my Profeshional ranking... 

If paying really does mean better online / servers then I'm happy to pay it, especially considering it's so cheap for the year, but if there's no improvement what so ever, then Nintendo can do one. My experience with Splatoon 2 thus far has been bordering on embarrassing. I have fibre Internet, it's usually faultless, but I've been forced to sit through about 2 cumulative hours worth of "please wait 5 minutes" because I've been booted from matches or lobbies. I'm one of the lucky ones, in so much as my Switch has a full Wi-Fi signal in every corner of my flat, so I can't even imagine how frustrating it would be for someone who's Switch wireless connection is problematic. I left them feedback on the game (and the awful online) in an email they sent me after purchasing through Nintendo, whether they listen is another matter. They've got to 2017 without listening to anyone but themselves, so I doubt they'll start now. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure how interesting this may be, but splatoon is running really nicely - I've been playing turf wars, trying weapons I haven't used thus far so much, no issues finding matches, lag obviously an issue but really nothing too noticeable. My net connection is appalling, more so than the last connection I had, and with that connection I had regular disconnects (I was surprised to last more than 30 seconds into a match) and that continued even on this connection back when it was actually a lot better! It basically broke my splatoon habit, I haven't played it (I admit.. obsessively) for a looong while, certainly not this year. I gave it a go a few weeks ago and every time I try.. no problem. I do wonder if they allow me to play "on my own" while they sort out sync errors, when I am back in sink they drop me back into the actual match... or some solution similar to that.

In any case, I hope for everyone enjoying splatoon 2 they solve the issues described... they sound unpleasantly familiar and aside from criticism many have voiced, it kills the enjoyment of the game massively, even if you choose not to care about ratings etc.

For the lock out thing... I would far prefer if they put the "suspicious" people all together, rather than informing them that they were suspicious.. it's a good message for cheats, but I'd find it a bit of salt in the wound if the game dropped me out and I get a slap on the wrist! Fine have these systems in place, but unless they have more than suspicion I don't think it's polite to accuse customers...personal feeling there :D

• Like 1

Strangely, I have yet to have a disconnect ( the app tells you how many you've had ) but the game is hardly stable. Waiting ages for lobbies to fill up, players dropping out, losing gun fights that I should have won, all of these things aren't bad on their own but they really do start to add up and spoil the experience that the game offers. What's worrying is that Splatoon 2 is supposed Nintendo's premier online experience but there's so much wrong with it at the moment. The pessimistic side of me thinks that most of these things won't ever get addressed, especially as some of them were present in the original game.

I wonder if the game is set to use a dedicated server but for the time being is using a peer to peer setup.. and will switch when the paid online comes in... Of course (as I saw it) splatoon was meant to be the "incentive" to have paid for online, so it is a bit worrying Nintendo aren't making a more compelling case.

In any case, I am appreciating the improved performance on my Wii U! (though I am unsure why that would be)

3 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

In any case, I am appreciating the improved performance on my Wii U! (though I am unsure why that would be)

Probably because the servers are less crowded now that more players have migrated over to the sequel.

I understood servers weren't heavily involved in splatoon though, and that was a large issue with the online... Even if that were true, I would have thought moving servers over to provide for switch online and neglecting Wii U online would be a better move.. I wouldn't expect them to be providing a better service for the wii u than the switch... also I'm finding lobbies are filling up quicker too - I wouldn't expect that from a smaller crowd of players. So maybe Nintendo have to work on a few core parts of the way they handle online traffic!!!

Anyway.. I guess I should just enjoy it before it gets empty!

1 hour ago, Pestneb said:

[..]

For the lock out thing... I would far prefer if they put the "suspicious" people all together, rather than informing them that they were suspicious.. it's a good message for cheats, but I'd find it a bit of salt in the wound if the game dropped me out and I get a slap on the wrist! Fine have these systems in place, but unless they have more than suspicion I don't think it's polite to accuse customers...personal feeling there :D

I haven't been locked out yet so far, but I got a few disconnects which were "suspicious". I would appreciate it if they at least check whether the game has just started, or whether I'm winning. Once I disconnected literally right at the end of the game, where my team had won. Got a fucking crack in my rank for that.

Edited by Sméagol

Went into Salmon Run for a couple of games before work, kicked out within 30 second. This is turning into a joke, and not a funny one, James Corden levels of hilarity.

Should I upgrade my 40 mb/s Internet to something even faster??? Nope, Nintendo go suck a bag of dicks for charging me fifty fat ones for a game I haven't even been able to play today.

Maybe investing in a ethernet adapter for the dock will do the trick? Still, you shouldn't be dependant on accessories to get a stable connection.

I've got a 700/700 Mbit fiber connection, and my switch is standing right next to my wi-fi transmitter. Thankfully no problems with the connection for me.

1 minute ago, ArtMediocre said:

Maybe investing in a ethernet adapter for the dock will do the trick? Still, you shouldn't be dependant on accessories to get a stable connection.

I've got a 700/700 Mbit fiber connection, and my switch is standing right next to my wi-fi transmitter. Thankfully no problems with the connection for me.

I shouldn't have to pay extra for a Ethernet adapter, the Wi-Fi should just work. Even if I was thinking of getting one when I eventually move next month... but that's besides the point.

This game ran flawlessly in the first couple of days, every other online game I play runs flawlessly, all the time, every time. Yet Splatoon 2 has been getting worse and worse over time. Today I've managed about 5 games in Ranked mode and that's it. I've had 5 disconnects today alone and had 2 or 3 last night. I know the problem isn't at my end because everything else is running smoothly and has been all day. I've restarted my router and nothing has changed. I'm sick of wasting my time with this game. 

Judging from the original, I don't think it is necessarily your connection, it could be the connections of other players that is causing an issue. it seems to have gone from the original for the time being... I wonder if it is a problem with splatoon 2 or the switch.

It would be interesting to know if others in the industry have any idea what Nintendo are doing/have done wrong...

Edited by Pestneb

I'm opening a room for Salmon run at 22:00 UK, if anyone wants to join, otherwise I'll join some randoms.

16 minutes ago, DuD said:

Not sure who here is on my friend list, but if there's room I'd like to join you later. Do yous use chat?

I don't think any of us of used chat yet. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but because of how badly the online setup is, you need to have your phone handy to check the forums and get everyone together. If you were using the chat then you would lose connection to the party if you needed to check something.

To be honest, there seems to be very few of us on here who play together. I tend to jump straight into a game with others when I see they are joinable, but there's a fair few who seem to just prefer to play online on their own. Either that or they don't have the friend notifications active so they can see when someone comes online. If everyone played together, and at the same time, there's no doubt in my mind we could fill a lobby with N-E people.

Summer wear will start appearing on the app very soon.

splatoon-2-summer-vacation-collection.jp

Some special gear is coming to Splatoon 2. Available exclusively via the SplatNet 2 Gear Shop in the Nintendo Switch Online app, the “Summer Vacation Collection” will be available to purchase from August 11th till August 16th.