Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MadDog Marathon; Online Mario Kart Tournament

flameboy

Need to get practicing! Will I need to add one of you to my Wii U friends list?

I have set up a tournament on Mario Kart which I believe will join us all together.

My donations taking a while to process, I got the fraud line call the other morning, hope it goes through in time.

Ok not to worry, I'm still going to keep your place on the roster so no worries at this point, just let me know what happens.

Donated. Sign me up :)

adding you to list now.

I have set up a tournament on Mario Kart which I believe will join us all together.

You're not doing it through a Friend room?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't any random schmo just join in if you use a Tournament? Or can you set some kind of password system?

And doesn't that give a massive advantage to those who have loads of free time?

You're not doing it through a Friend room?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't any random schmo just join in if you use a Tournament? Or can you set some kind of password system?

And doesn't that give a massive advantage to those who have loads of free time?

I'm happy to stand corrected...but the tournament has a code so that can limit it...Plus not sure about the advantage to those with loads of free time, the tournament will only be open for X amount of time and I have it set to X number of races.

@S\.C\.G

@killthenet

@Emerald Emblem

Where does everyone stand on this and the format for the competition? The tournament code is; 1984-6029-2223

Friend Rooms allow for tighter control over who's playing and when, which is why we use them for the MK League nights; so I'd recommend them over the in-game tournament option. They do need someone to be the host and to set up the races though and everyone needs them on their friends list, so ideally we'd have someone who usually acts as a host for the MK League do the deed... But as we don't have anyone who fits the bill taking part in this thing AFAIK, one of us will need to nominate themselves as the host and then everyone has to add them onto their Wii U friend list.

I'd nominate myself, but I'm not gonna be there for the event of course...

Friend Rooms allow for tighter control over who's playing and when, which is why we use them for the MK League nights; so I'd recommend them over the in-game tournament option. They do need someone to be the host and to set up the races though and everyone needs them on their friends list, so ideally we'd have someone who usually acts as a host for the MK League do the deed... But as we don't have anyone who fits the bill taking part in this thing AFAIK, one of us will need to nominate themselves as the host and then everyone has to add them onto their Wii U friend list.

I'd nominate myself, but I'm not gonna be there for the event of course...

Ok well I'm good to that so long as I know what I'm doing.

I decided to try donating again and this one went through right away.

Hi I got your donation so you're all good!

I've set up a discord for the marathon for those interested;

https://discord.gg/y3qnuf5

We can have both text and voice chat going on in here during the event. I'm going to add everyone to my friends list and we will have a friends room.

@S\.C\.G

@Glen\-i are you in too?

@flameboy could you please put @Wii down as taking part, he's already donated but he asked me to put his name down on his behalf, thanks. :)

Yep no worries.

All looks good flameboy, but just to make sure it's definitely on Saturday 12th at 8pm UK time right? It's just that the first post says the 11th.

Hi yes Saturday 12th. I'm working on everything now and will correct.

2016%20PC_zps8l2if5bu.jpg

Just to confirm will be pinching the format from the league. Winner after the 4 rounds of GPs is the champ!

Right, so just to clarify @flameboy, there'll be 4 GP's? Making a total of 16 races, right?

And you're hosting the room, so everyone needs to have you on their friends list?

And will it be streamed through the current Twitch stream, I wanna let a few of my friends know, so they can maybe support with pointing and laughing.

And one more thing...

Nicktendo

Dcubed

punio75

S.C.G

killthenet

Emerald Emblem

Tails

flameboy

Nintenchris

Wii

i-Glen

Stu

Will I have to change my Mii's name to accommodate the opening post, or have Apple commandeered it and made a version of me that looks pretty similar to the old one and takes away basic features that you'd think every Glen would have?

On the plus side, it is really thin!

Right, so just to clarify @flameboy, there'll be 4 GP's? Making a total of 16 races, right?

And you're hosting the room, so everyone needs to have you on their friends list?

And will it be streamed through the current Twitch stream, I wanna let a few of my friends know, so they can maybe support with pointing and laughing.

I believe all of that information is indeed correct. :)

So four GP's, Sixteen individual races, Join on flameboy and the Twitch stream is...

https://www.twitch.tv/flameboy84

And one more thing...

Will I have to change my Mii's name to accommodate the opening post, or have Apple commandeered it and made a version of me that looks pretty similar to the old one and takes away basic features that you'd think every Glen would have?

Coming to a Apple Store probably not near you soon, the i-Glen! Price and date to be determined. ;)

And one more thing...

I believe all of that information is indeed correct. :)

So four GP's, Sixteen individual races, Join on flameboy and the Twitch stream is...

https://www.twitch.tv/flameboy84

Coming to a Apple Store probably not near you soon, the i-Glen! Price and date to be determined. ;)

Yes all of this is correct. I'll take pics etc to verify scores. I've added everyone whose names I could find easily on here if not add me I'm flameboy84 on Wii U.