NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

It's working for Man Utd...

Man U do have the ability to score, though. Well, Zlatan does at least. :D

I realise this could well backfire but still, it sure gave me a giggle...

[tweet]860609465858621440[/tweet]

That's it, I've officially given up hope of staying up!

At least life's never dull at Leicester:

2008 - relegation to league 1 (first time on the 3rd tier in our history)

2009 - League 1 Champions

2010 - Play-offs

2011 - Mid table obscurity

2012 - "

2013 - Play-offs

2014 - Championship Champions

2015 - Greatest escape ever from Prem Relegation

2016 - Premier League Champions!

2017 - Relegation Fodder (& Champion's League knock out phase)

I defy any team to have had a more ridiculous 10 year period... ever!

Aaaaaand safe!!! Phew!

Who'd have though sacking Ranieri would work so well?

What a garbage game. Once again we looked so drab and boring, with zero creativity when attacking. Southampton really know how to shut us out.

Can't believe the Toon actually won the Championship. Brighton really threw that title away.

What a garbage game. Once again we looked so drab and boring, with zero creativity when attacking. Southampton really know how to shut us out.

Can't believe the Toon actually won the Championship. Brighton really threw that title away.

I think only Chelsea and Spurs can hold their head up and say they deserve to be I'm the Champions League. The teams below just aren't good enough :nono:

Big win for Aresnal today and one that has helped our Champions League push. That one point gained this afternoon isn't looking too bad now. Man U looked absolutely awful.

Arsenal were the better team today and easily deserved the win.

I get that we've got a Europa League semi-final later in the week and played need to be rested and I get that we've got injury problems in key areas. I was actually ok with the starting line-up. I'm not going to grumble at players of Mata, Mkhi and Martial's quality starting the game. But, that performance from the manager and the players today was pathetic.

Football is a game and it should always be played with the aim to win that game. We were not playing a Bayern Munich team who are stream-rolling their way through the opposition, or someone like Real Madrid away. It's Arsenal, approaching the end of their current incarnation with a manager (and several players reportedly) on the way out. Today's game was absolutely winnable...

There's no excuse for players not going in for tackles and turning your back on the ball on the edge of your box. There's no excuse for wingers being shit with crosses (a key fucking trait for a player in that position, I might add) and there's no reason why players should not be making runs into the box trying to get onto said cross. Strikers should be shooting at goal and hitting the target. Fullbacks should be marking attackers. Mourinho was employed because the last manager played negative football and the outcome is still the same.

I struggled today trying to figure out where certain players were playing and why they were there. It just wasn't working. Rest players does not mean you automatically have to play defensively. We played defensively/negatively and still lost...why not just go and have a go and at least come back with some form of morale victory going into Thursday's game? Now we're going there with a defeat, a bad performance, negative feedback from fans and media and discontent from the fans.

Big win for Aresnal today and one that has helped our Champions League push. That one point gained this afternoon isn't looking too bad now. Man U looked absolutely awful.

The result kept things in our own hands, which is good, but I have no belief at the moment that we'll win our final 2 games :blank:

Every time I start to feel confident, Liverpool do something to throw away the advantage. I hope Arsenal drop points on Wednesday as I have an awful feeling they'll sneak 4th, followed by a beaming Arsene Wenger announcing his plans to stay..

The result kept things in our own hands, which is good, but I have no belief at the moment that we'll win our final 2 games :blank:

Same.

The problem is that, for whatever reason, we don't play well against the lower teams. Given that our last 2 games are West Ham and Boro, i'm not too confidant we will get the max amount of points out of them.

I'm hoping Klopp at least starts Sturridge and Lallana. Both looked decent when they came on yesterday and we looked a lot better as a team once they were both on the pitch.

They are looking ominous. I had written them off a week or so ago, but it could happen.

Surely Liverpool can win their last two games though right?

Don't bottle it Chelsea whatever you do...

:D .

I don't think Peeps posts in this thread?

Saw this picture on Reddit. Thought it was amuseballs. 51f89909a19fcfb18751d42f4ac1f929.jpg

Saw this picture on Reddit. Thought it was amuseballs. 51f89909a19fcfb18751d42f4ac1f929.jpg

I wish I could laugh but I'm feeling extremely nervous about today's game at West Ham! I keep expecting Liverpool to throw it all away and today feels pivotal.

Please hold on :shakehead

A friend from work got us tickets to Bournemouth's last home game of the season. Atmosphere was pretty good in our stand (behind the goal in the South Stand), although I was sat next to two of the most miserable fans that you could imagine. They made snide comments about near enough everything and left about 20 minutes towards the end when Bournemouth were still 1-0 up! I don't get it.

I got a great view of the first Bournemouth goal. I knew it was going in as soon as it left Stanislas' foot, it just seemed destined for the bottom corner. Burnley's equaliser late on silenced the crowd and they looked arguably the better team in the second half. Josh King got the winner and although it was at the opposite end to where we were, you could still get a decent view of it all unfolding due to the size of the pitch and stadium.

The game wasn't a classic and was a bit drab at times. Definitely had an end-of-season feel to it. But, nevertheless, I enjoyed it and will hopefully try to go to more games in future. The guy I was with is one of my best friends from work and he's at retirement age. It was like doing my bit for the community, haha.

Think Spurs will wallop us today. Not got a great feeling about the game at all.

I wish I could laugh but I'm feeling extremely nervous about today's game at West Ham! I keep expecting Liverpool to throw it all away and today feels pivotal.

Please hold on :shakehead

I've pretty much accepted the fact that we will throw it away. We've looked awful for a while now and to be honest we dont deserve Champions League football.

I've pretty much accepted the fact that we will throw it away. We've looked awful for a while now and to be honest we dont deserve Champions League football.

A nice, comfortable victory is probably too much to hope for, unfortunately!

*frantically looks through the script*

We weren't supposed to win so comfortably, were we? :D

It was a good looking performance and I think it was down to starting Sturridge and Lallana. For me, Sturridge should be starting whenever he is fit.

Watch us get stuffed next week off a Boro team which haven't been able to score many goals all season. It will just be typical.

*frantically looks through the script*

We weren't supposed to win so comfortably, were we? :D

It was a good looking performance and I think it was down to starting Sturridge and Lallana. For me, Sturridge should be starting whenever he is fit.

Watch us get stuffed next week off a Boro team which haven't been able to score many goals all season. It will just be typical.

Ha.. We're always looking for the next opportunity to mess up :heh:

Mourinho makes no sense. We started with a weakened team (not counting the players who can't play right now, like Ibra) and then he decides to bring on the stronger players when we're two-nil down. So, are we trying to win the game or are we resting players for the Europa League? If we're trying to win it, why not start with the better team?

It wasn't a great game from a United point of view and the better team won. Congratulations on finishing second, Spurs.