NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

Lucas Perez and Mustafi are both in North London for medicals, £17 million and up to £35 million fees respectively.

Lucas Perez and Mustafi are both in North London for medicals, £17 million and up to £35 million fees respectively.

How do Arsenal fans feel about these signings?

United gained 3 points today that we probably wouldn't have earned last year. Last season, we would've lost that game 1-0. Today, the team didn't play amazingly and they left it late, but there was a lot more fluency and urgency there that we've lacked. It's nice to actually look at the team and see balance there. Luke Shaw coming back has made a big different and Valencia is complimenting him well on the other side. Rashford provides pace and he'll have another good season, imo.

United gained 3 points today that we probably wouldn't have earned last year. Last season, we would've lost that game 1-0. Today, the team didn't play amazingly and they left it late, but there was a lot more fluency and urgency there that we've lacked. It's nice to actually look at the team and see balance there. Luke Shaw coming back has made a big different and Valencia is complimenting him well on the other side. Rashford provides pace and he'll have another good season, imo.

The general consensus on these signings are as follows:

Mustafi: :grin:

Lucas Perez: :hmm:

The general consensus on these signings are as follows:

Mustafi: :grin:

Lucas Perez: :hmm:

I know nothing about either player. I'm amazed that the Mustafi deal is only just going through now. That's been dragging on for weeks. Not quite sure what the hold up has been about. Surely if you want a player, you just go for it? I'd be going crazy if, say, the Ibrahimovic or Pogba deals were still dragging on until now.

It feels a bit panic buy-ie. They aren't world class, the fees aren't extortionate. Why didn't we get them a month ago?

I guess we'll find out how good they are.

It seems like we've been trying to get Mustafi for a while, but as usual with Arsenal, we've dragged our feet about it. I think he could be a decent signing.

Perez on the other hand, I know nothing about. Maybe he'll surprise and be amazing. What we really needed to do was splash the cash and buy a world-class striker, but there was no way Wenger was doing that. He would say that it's hard to buy that sort of striker, that's right, and it'd be expensive, but I doubt he even tried.

I'm a fan of Olivier Giroud, he's a very good striker, but he always goes through a dry spell. Not convinced Perez will be the answer.

Surprised that Chadli has been sold by Spurs. He's a good player to have in your squad and he's got a decent goal-scoring record. Looking at their squad right now, I wonder if they're setting themselves up for a fall. A few injuries and it could be not-so-great season for them.

I don't expect them to make top four anyway.

Seems to be rumours going around that Henderson will be named England captain tomorrow....

Quite possibly the worst possible decision. He is shite as Liverpool captain and should never have been chosen.

Seems to be rumours going around that Henderson will be named England captain tomorrow....

Quite possibly the worst possible decision. He is shite as Liverpool captain and should never have been chosen.

There aren't that many candidates, imo. I guess he wins by default.

Surprised that Chadli has been sold by Spurs. He's a good player to have in your squad and he's got a decent goal-scoring record. Looking at their squad right now, I wonder if they're setting themselves up for a fall. A few injuries and it could be not-so-great season for them.

I don't expect them to make top four anyway.

Chadli is beyond average. Not close to good enough, glad he's gone, but even more glad Mason has gone. FINALLY!!!!!

I think we need another AM, but our squad is fine. last season we didn't have any cover for Kane, didn't have any reasonable cover in midfield, and still got close to winning he league. We bought Janssen and Wanyama to fill those huge gaps.

Lamela Eriksen Alli behind Kane. Son, we'll sign Nkoudou tomorrow and Poch seems to be putting a lot of faith into ONomah. Don't agree with that as it's a little risk hence I'd like another singing, but with us playing 2 up front more it's not essential at all.

Buy David Luiz for £21m.

Sell him for £50m.

Buy him back for £30m.

I like him but he will almost always make at least one HUGE error during a game!

So they effectively spent £1m on him? That's a good bit of business, eventually.

Can people write down their first and second 11s to have a look at squads? I'm not sure how Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc will line up. I'll do Spurs, does @kav82 Chelsea? @Fierce_LiNk Man U etc? Obviously anyone can do it but I'd personally love to see it.

Spurs

--------------------Lloris

Walker-Alderwereld-Vertonghen-Rose

--------------Dembele-Dier------------

Lamela------------Alli----------Eriksen

-------------------Kane

--------------------Vorm

Trickier-Carter-Vickers-Wimmer-Davies

-------------Sissoko-Wanyama

Son--------------Onomah--------Nkoudou

-------------------Janssen

Pretty happy with Spurs' squad. I said I wanted an extra player and we got it. Think Sissoko will also cover for the front three too so Onomah will be less relied upon but think we look a lot healthier than last season.

Do you have a double barrelled defender in your second 11, or are there twelve players sneakily playing?

Best XI

---------------------Cech

Bellerin -- Mertesacker -- Koscielny -- Monreal

--------------- Xhaka ---- Cazorla------------

-------------------Ozil

Walcott--------------------------------Sanchez

----------------------- Giroud

Walcott gets in purely because I don't know how good Lucas Perez might be.

Second XI

------------------Ospina

Jenkinson -- Gabriel -- Mustafi -- Gibbs

---------------Coquelin -- El'Neny

-------------------Ramsey

Perez ----------------------------- Oxlade- Chamberlain

------------------- Dat Guy Welbz

Looking at the centre of midfield it's obvious why Jack has been sent out on loan. Just too many good players to squeeze in.

Best XI

De Gea

Valencia - Bailly - Blind - Shaw

Herrera - Schneiderlin

Pogba

Martial - Ibrahimovic - Mkhitaryan

Second XI

Romero

Darmian - Smalling - Jones - Rojo

Fellaini - Carrick

Rooney

Mata - Rashford - Lingard

With my best XI, I've put down what I personally want to see. The team that Mourinho has played so far is more like:

De Gea

Valencia - Bailly - Blind - Shaw

Fellaini - Pogba

Rooney

Mata - Ibrahimovic - Martial

There's lots of combinations that can work. Personally, I think a Herrera/Schneiderlin combo with Pogba in front looks the best.

Leicester City (Champions of England :) ) -

'First' Eleven:

Schmeichel

Simpson - Morgan - Huth - Fuchs

Mahrez - Mendy - Drinkwater - Albrighton

Slimani - Vardy

'Second' Eleven:

Zieler

Amartey - Hernandez - Wasilewski - Chilwell

Gray - Kapustka - King - Schlupp

Ulloa - Okasaki

Although I've no idea how things will be, probably be a lot of rotation for league, europe and cup matches.

Edit: anyone remember 4-4-2!?!?

Belgium were absolutely terrible against Spain tonight. They hardly got out of their own half and they were so weak defensively. Mistakes all over the place. I can imagine Martinez taking them backwards now. :wtf:

Big Sam's Appointment 2 days ago: :smile:

Big Sam's appointment today: :o:shakehead:mad:

It was a pretty dull game and just a typical England performance. You could have had your pick of any game of the past 12 or so years and they'd all appear identical.

Didn't watch England. After the summer I won't be watching England. Back to proper football on Saturday.

Did anyone catch Sam Allardyce's post-match interview?

"It is not for me to say where to play Wayne Rooney. Wayne played wherever he wanted to. I can't stop Wayne playing there."

That's an absolute joke of a comment. Couldn't believe I was hearing it.