NEurope
killthenet

Euro 2016

I think the wedding may be off, lads.

The greatest goal ever scored by a Welshman!

Aaron Ramsey will miss the next game if Wales go through.

I really hate that rule. Stupid and irritating.

Fantastic display from Wales. There is a real passion and togetherness about them. This makes for some great football. Well played.

I thought the Welsh performance against Russia was the best I had ever seen. I was wrong. THAT performance against Belgium was incredible. Deserved winners.

I feel bad for Belgium, for @Eenuh's sake. They played well actually, they just couldn't get that final ball. Perhaps should have had a penalty or two.

So happy for Wales. What a performance!

I worry for them next game though, Ramsey has been by far their star performer and he will be greatly missed against Portugal.

Absolutely brilliant :hehe:

Obviously I was gutted to lose to Wales in the last 16 but I'm delighted they've beat Belgium. I hope they can go and win it!

Wales. Superb. Enjoy it you deserve it.

That lad Ramsey. And Robson-Kanu what a turn.

What impresses me most about this performance is just how much variety there was to Wales' play. They were tight in defence, they could go through the middle and they had width. The pace with which they played was great and it made for a really interesting match.

There are going to be comparisons to England now for months. If Wales can play like this, England should be able to at least match that. The next 5 or 6 years are going to be important and there will be so much focus on the under-21s now to come through and gain experience playing together at tournaments.

Wonderful, wonderful performance. Things looked bleak because they looked overawed to begin with and went a goal down, but they showed great character to get back into it and they were the better team towards the end of the first half. Belgium started the 2nd brightly but Wales held them off well and Robson-Kanu's goal was just incredible. The first 10 minutes aside, Coleman got the tactics spot on, forcing Belgium to play in front of the defence and minimising their opportunities to get in behind them.

I back Wales to make the final against a fairly poor Portugal team, but losing Davies and particularly Ramsey for the semi is definitely a blow, Ramsey has arguably been the best player in the tournament.

It's now becoming clear, the flakiness of the national team is directly proportional to the number of Spurs players in your Squad!

It's now becoming clear, the flakiness of the national team is directly proportional to the number of Spurs players in your Squad!

The key to success is to have no association with Spurs whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure it's on the application form when you apply for the Welsh National Team.

I'm pretty sure it's on the application form when you apply for the Welsh National Team.

Ben Davies must have left that information out when he handed in his CV then.

Ben Davies must have left that information out when he handed in his CV then.

Oh shi-

I'm on the phone to Chris Coleman as we speak!

Bale used to play for spurs didn't he? So surely he is associated with them thanks to his past...

Bale used to play for spurs didn't he? So surely he is associated with them thanks to his past...

But nobody cared about Spurs at that point as they were irrelevant... ;)

Can't believe that goal by Robson-Kanu, was screaming at him to lay it off, and he does that turn taking three defenders out of the game and then the composed finish, simply outstanding

Hang on a minute Jonnas, they've still got to play Wales

Well, I'll be, you schooled me good!

Congrats to Wales, that was a fantastic performance (especially that second goal). I do hope Portugal brings their A-game for the semi-finals.

But nobody cared about Spurs at that point as they were irrelevant... ;)

They've always been irrelevant. ;)

The Germany vs. Italy game absolutely fucking blows.

International football, or at least the high profile games, seems to be about not losing. We've had 10 minutes of extra time and I don't think there's been a single shot on target so far. It's absolutely pathetic.

Just for a laugh, I told @Eenuh to count how long it took between a foul being committed and the subsequent free-kick being taken during the first period of extra time. It came out at 41 seconds...and there's lots of petty fouls being committed now, which means the players are spending more time on the floor than on the pitch playing football. The pace of the game at times is at a walking speed.

On the whole, I can't say that it's been a fantastic tournament. Average to below average, in my opinion. So many boring games.

The Germany vs. Italy game absolutely fucking blows.

International football, or at least the high profile games, seems to be about not losing. We've had 10 minutes of extra time and I don't think there's been a single shot on target so far. It's absolutely pathetic.

Just for a laugh, I told @Eenuh to count how long it took between a foul being committed and the subsequent free-kick being taken during the first period of extra time. It came out at 41 seconds...and there's lots of petty fouls being committed now, which means the players are spending more time on the floor than on the pitch playing football. The pace of the game at times is at a walking speed.

On the whole, I can't say that it's been a fantastic tournament. Average to below average, in my opinion. So many boring games.

Some pathetic penalties. What was Pelle doing? He could have put them on the brink of winning it but just dragged it wide. I don't know why they don't always just smash it.

And I don't think the game was as bad as you were making out Flink, the second half was really good and it was a shame that extra time was so scrappy but its to be expected when there is so much at stake.

I hope whoever wins tomorrow night can put Germany out in the semi final though. Fingers firmly crossed for a Wales v Iceland final.

Some pathetic penalties. What was Pelle doing? He could have put them on the brink of winning it but just dragged it wide. I don't know why they don't always just smash it.

And I don't think the game was as bad as you were making out Flink, the second half was really good and it was a shame that extra time was so scrappy but its to be expected when there is so much at stake.

I hope whoever wins tomorrow night can put Germany out in the semi final though. Fingers firmly crossed for a Wales v Iceland final.