Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

E3 2016 General Thread

Only watching the trailer or just reading about the game isn't going to impress you (the trailer isn't actually very good at all :hmm:) the Treehouse gameplay, however, did an amazing job of showcasing the game, and demonstrating why it's so damn good.

I've watched the first segment of the Treehouse gameplay which is what I'm mostly basing my views on the world and combat on. Reading about the rest gives me a larger impression of the game.

Combine those two and there's the basis of my opinion.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched the first segment of the Treehouse gameplay which is what I'm mostly basing my views on the world and combat on. Reading about the rest gives me a larger impression of the game.

Combine those two and there's the basis of my opinion.

Yeah, they focused on many different things in the various segments though, and it just got better and better as the stream went on. ;)

Treehouse live really is a great format for E3. :awesome:

Yeah, they focused on many different things in the various segments though, and it just got better and better as the stream went on. ;)

Maybe, but I don't think it would've changed much for me. From the first segment I already predicted some of the stuff that I've read about later in your post (like shrines with combat and puzzles, physics based environment, crafting/cooking, combat).

Maybe, but I don't think it would've changed much for me. From the first segment I already predicted some of the stuff that I've read about later in your post (like shrines with combat and puzzles, physics based environment, crafting/cooking, combat).
Man, stop being such a downer and take your Joy! :heh:

e3mw62y.jpg

Man, stop being such a downer and take your Joy! :heh:

:p I'm actually happy with what I've seen, but I still have my reservations.

If this is a sign of the things to come from Nintendo...I'm the last person to be a downer.

Now let me beat a Piñata in peace.

To be fair, @drakhon I feel the same. I've just kept my mouth shut as I knew it wouldn't be pretty if I spoke my mind.

Which is sad if you think about it...

However, I appreciate that my opinions haven't been greeted with what I had expected. :)

Which is sad if you think about it...

However, I appreciate that my opinions haven't been greeted with what I had expected. :)

I'll probably post my thoughts in the Other Wii U thread at some point. I feel like I can post in that one without the pitchforks coming out. :D

It looks OK, but I doubt I'll buy it straight away.

Nintendo definitely get a lot of praise for trying new things and changing it up, but what I've seen doesn't really excite me much.

I'll have to wait and see what hype next year brings.

Nah, it's just another open world game.

:blank:

Take everything that's great about open world games, then add Zelda, you know, one of the greatest game series out there. That's a fairly exciting mix. It's not "just another open world game". If the trailer is all you've seen then you're in for a serious treat, the actual gameplay is far more impressive.

Zelda - Game of E3 2016?

Absolutely. Game of E3 by miles.

Compare it to Horizon, probably it's closest contender for the title, I know which world I'm most excited to explore, and it isn't the one with robot dinosaurs.

Im not sure if I'll be getting Zelda or not. I think it looks good but I just dont know if I'll have a Wii U or not by then. I mean even at the moment my Wii U isnt connected up.

I suppose it depends if you think the console is worth keeping for a single game. I doubt the console is worth much in terms of trade in value anyway.

Take everything that's great about open world games, then add Zelda, you know, one of the greatest game series out there. That's a fairly exciting mix. It's not "just another open world game". If the trailer is all you've seen then you're in for a serious treat, the actual gameplay is far more impressive.

I've seen more (like I've stated...) and I stand by what I said.

It may not be what you think about the game, but to me the open world mechanics are as "just another open world game" as they can be. Add the Zelda dungeons and it's only a mix of two games/mechanics I've seen numerous times.

It's nice that Nintendo took this approach as it surely reinvents Zelda and I doubt it's going to be a bad game, but to me it's nothing really special. ::shrug:

Also, if I'd baited with

the pitchforks would be out :hehe:

And you mentioned that because...? Because I baited? If you think I did, you should read my post again.

to me the open world mechanics are as "just another open world game" as they can be. Add the Zelda dungeons and it's only a mix of two games/mechanics I've seen numerous times.

Adding Zelda gameplay and dungeons on top of an openworld game is a pretty big deal! It's basically like merging the two coolest things in gaming together.

And you mentioned that because...? Because I baited? If you think I did, you should read my post again.

I mentioned that because if I'd said the same comment about Horizon, I would have received yet another snarky gif from you ridiculing my post as bait.

Edited by Ronnie

Adding Zelda gameplay and dungeons on top of an openworld game is a pretty big deal! It's basically like merging the two coolest things in gaming together.

For you it may be. For me it's not.

It's my opinion, you don't have to agree with that and I won't be angry at you if you don't.

I mentioned that because if I'd said the same comment about Horizon, I would have received yet another snarky gif from you ridiculing my post as bait.

You wouldn't because I realized that that "bait" gif wasn't my best post.

What I do want to say is that my post in this thread wasn't a bait and I've explicitly mentioned that.

You, however, used that call me out on something that I (admittedly) did quite some time ago. This has nothing to do with the discussion that could've arisen between us. A discussion I was looking forward to have because we seem to have a different view on Breath of the Wild with both of us having good points to support our opinion.

With that attitude, however, I won't bother anymore. It's annoying and quite frankly the reason why I almost didn't post anything I wanted to say about the new Zelda.

It wasn't bait, he said it wasn't, so it must be true.

Just wow. :indeed:

Whatever pal, if I'd said what you said about Zelda, about Horizon, I'd have gotten something similar to your post from two days ago...

1474.gif

That's all I'm saying.

I didn't resort to posting my own childish gif to ridicule you, all I said was if I'd said that about a PS4 game the pitchforks would have been out, because they absolutely would have been.

Whatever pal, if I'd said what you said about Zelda, about Horizon, I'd have gotten something similar to your post from two days ago...

That was about something entirely different and while I agree that I should've handled that a bit better, this has nothing to do here. Just like that amiibo thing (to which I responded with that gif) had nothing to with Battlefield in that thread.

And again, I've realized I may not have made the best posts with that gif and I can say that you wouldn't have gotten a reaction like that from me again. And because I said it it must be true.

I didn't resort to posting my own childish gif to ridicule you, all I said was if I'd said that about a PS4 game the pitchforks would have been out, because they absolutely would have been.

What you could've done is:

You could've left it there. ::shrug:

And with that, I'll stop. I'll wait for HoT's post in the Other WiiU thread and discuss things.

Edited by drahkon

It does make me chuckle that people are suggesting pitchforks if negative things are said on the Wii U board, yet the same is true on the Other Consoles board. Everyone myself included is just that little bit oversensitive, IMO. Anywho, moving on...

It does make me chuckle that people are suggesting pitchforks if negative things are said on the Wii U board, yet the same is true on the Other Consoles board. Everyone myself included is just that little bit oversensitive, IMO. Anywho, moving on...

It's more that it would bring a negative tone to the thread. Most seem to be happy and hyped with Zelda so I figured I would respect that and let the positivity flow rather than start a debate and what will more than likely end up being a console war argument.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!