NEurope
Hogge

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

It's still going to be reasonably good value even at £30+ as currently the only way to play the game with a traditional controller is to buy the Gamecube version which seems to go for around £50+ still due to its rarity.

Perhaps not the best way to look at it but Nintendo software certainly does tend to hold its value for longer whereas games on other systems often plummet after mere months.

All I know is I'll gladly pay around £40 with the amiibo figure for Twilight Princess HD as it's still very much worth it.

Uncharted was £35 on Shopto and dropped to £30 the other day. Also, it has 3 games in the disc that have been remastered, not just the one.

I'm sure Shopto will discount TP as well.

Do you really need to ask how much TP:HD is going to be? It seems pretty obvious it's going to be the same price as every other AAA Nintendo home console game, £40. But unlike Master Chief Collection et al, most likely won't ship broken or buggy.

I'm sure Shopto will discount TP as well.

Do you really need to ask how much TP:HD is going to be? It seems pretty obvious it's going to be the same price as every other AAA Nintendo home console game, £40. But unlike Master Chief Collection et al, most likely won't ship broken or buggy.

Can't remember Last of Us, Gears of War or Uncharted being broken or buggy.

Yes, I need to ask it. More and more I feel I'm having to pay a premium for being a fan of Nintendo games. I'm asking whether they can justify charging full price for a HD remaster when the others are charging less and for more content, at times.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

No need to ask a question you know the answer to then. Best get your Nintendo complaints out in the open from the start.

Perhaps not the best way to look at it but Nintendo software certainly does tend to hold its value for longer whereas games on other systems often plummet after mere months.

The bargain bin prices on the competition after barely a month or two is frankly bizarre. I suppose they have their season passes and day 1 DLC to bump up the costs.

The only reason the price stays the same is because Nintendo says so.

The bargain bin prices on the competition after barely a month or two is frankly bizarre. I suppose they have their season passes and day 1 DLC to bump up the costs.

It's not bizarre. If people don't lay down £40 in the first month or so for a game then they're probably not going to pay that 6 months later. They'll make more money by dropping the price sooner and getting a lot more sales.

Can't remember Last of Us, Gears of War or Uncharted being broken or buggy.

Yes, I need to ask it. More and more I feel I'm having to pay a premium for being a fan of Nintendo games. I'm asking whether they can justify charging full price for a HD remaster when the others are charging less and for more content, at times.

*continues to wait for Lego City WiiU price drop*

most likely won't ship broken or buggy.

When the WiiU released the whole system was prone to freezing. The console itself was buggy.

*continues to wait for Lego City WiiU price drop*

I'd wait for it to be rereleased on something else where it doesn't have frequent 1 min loading screens, i just couldn't play the game it was so annoying

Having seen comparisons between Gamecube and the HD remaster trailer, it doesn't look as bad as i first thought i think i just had a nostalgic view of the GC/Wii version, they look far worse than i thought they did

Still could look a lot better, but i think if the price is right and they've solved some of the other issues (barren areas, long tutorials etc) then it should be a good remake

I'd wait for it to be rereleased on something else where it doesn't have frequent 1 min loading screens, i just couldn't play the game it was so annoying

Having seen comparisons between Gamecube and the HD remaster trailer, it doesn't look as bad as i first thought i think i just had a nostalgic view of the GC/Wii version, they look far worse than i thought they did

Still could look a lot better, but i think if the price is right and they've solved some of the other issues (barren areas, long tutorials etc) then it should be a good remake

Yeah, I remember trying the game at a demo pod somewhere and encountered a loading screen which easily went over the 60 second mark. I left it after that.

The only reason the price stays the same is because Nintendo says so.

It's not bizarre. If people don't lay down £40 in the first month or so for a game then they're probably not going to pay that 6 months later. They'll make more money by dropping the price sooner and getting a lot more sales.

A lot of their software still remains good value though, not all of it... personally there are a few games coming out soon that I won't even be touching because they don't appeal to me, but Zelda? Always worth the price, to me at least. : peace:

Also by that logic, I've paid full price for Uncharted Collection, Fallout 4 etc... does that mean the price of those titles isn't going to be coming down either assuming that they sold well? Uncharted is perhaps not the best example but Fallout 4 will surely be kept at a high price.

I'm not saying that the prices of games shouldn't go down, just that personally I would value certain software enough to purchase it when the game comes out. Quite a few other titles I will quite hapilly just play "the waiting game" and pick them up for bargain prices or even "free" with Plus/Games with Gold, if Nintendo ended up with a similar scheme I'd take advantage of it in the same way, but they don't so I just pick the titles I really want and then skip or wait on the rest to go down in price.

Isn't the digital version faster?

Isn't the digital version faster?

Wii U games load at more or less the same speed for both physical and digital. It's Wii download games that are significantly faster than their disc counterparts ;)

Wii U games load at more or less the same speed for both physical and digital. It's Wii download games that are significantly faster than their disc counterparts ;)

But didn't they mention that they will make something, so the digital copy will load faster, or even the physical copy, but people would need to download something?

But didn't they mention that they will make something, so the digital copy will load faster, or even the physical copy, but people would need to download something?

If you're talking about Xenoblade X, well there's some clever trickery going on there. What they're actually doing with those downloadable packs is that they're loading game data from both the disc and the HDD/internal memory at the same time; effectively cutting the loading times down by around half.

As for how the digital version is going to work with this setup, I'm not really sure... Maybe load from internal memory and USB at the same time to achieve the same effect?

If you're talking about Xenoblade X, well there's some clever trickery going on there. What they're actually doing with those downloadable packs is that they're loading game data from both the disc and the HDD/internal memory at the same time; effectively cutting the loading times down by around half.

As for how the digital version is going to work with this setup, I'm not really sure... Maybe load from internal memory and USB at the same time to achieve the same effect?

I know about the Xenoblade, I though (wrongly obviously :D) that it's the same with Lego.

When the WiiU released the whole system was prone to freezing. The console itself was buggy.

I can imagine Ronnie's response after reading this was something like this...

lalalala.gif

Surely there's some evidence of what's best by now.. I've been generally getting everything digital but with Xenoblade I'm concerned this may come at some load times, graphic glitches.

Surely there's some evidence of what's best by now.. I've been generally getting everything digital but with Xenoblade I'm concerned this may come at some load times, graphic glitches.

Shouldn't digital be faster in this case as it is reading from the HDD and not the DVD and this is a big game? You think the best way would be to get the physical copy?

Shouldn't digital be faster in this case as it is reading from the HDD and not the DVD and this is a big game? You think the best way would be to get the physical copy?

My understanding is that pulling data from the physical media AND hard drive provides the best experience, that's how you avoid some of these issues on other consoles. It's rare for it to be an issue on Nintendo platforms.

My understanding is that pulling data from the physical media AND hard drive provides the best experience, that's how you avoid some of these issues on other consoles. It's rare for it to be an issue on Nintendo platforms.

I was thinking of going digital for this, but now I am not so sure, will probably go physical.

Yeah, I remember trying the game at a demo pod somewhere and encountered a loading screen which easily went over the 60 second mark. I left it after that.

God yeah they were absolutely awful.

A lot of their software still remains good value though, not all of it... personally there are a few games coming out soon that I won't even be touching because they don't appeal to me, but Zelda? Always worth the price, to me at least. : peace:

Also by that logic, I've paid full price for Uncharted Collection, Fallout 4 etc... does that mean the price of those titles isn't going to be coming down either assuming that they sold well? Uncharted is perhaps not the best example but Fallout 4 will surely be kept at a high price.

I'm not saying that the prices of games shouldn't go down, just that personally I would value certain software enough to purchase it when the game comes out. Quite a few other titles I will quite hapilly just play "the waiting game" and pick them up for bargain prices or even "free" with Plus/Games with Gold, if Nintendo ended up with a similar scheme I'd take advantage of it in the same way, but they don't so I just pick the titles I really want and then skip or wait on the rest to go down in price.

I think what Sheikah was getting at is those that really want the game will get it at launch at whatever price. Then if you lower the price you get in a batch of people that were interested, but not enough to pay full price.

The Nintendo approach seems to be waiting 4 years and then put it in their select range, by which point people aren't interested any more :heh:

And for what it's worth, Fallout 4 will be in January sales. If not some very last-minute Christmas ones.

Edited by Ashley

I think what Sheikah was getting at is those that really want the game will get it at launch at whatever price. Then if you lower the price you get in a batch of people that were interested, but not enough to pay full price.

The Nintendo approach seems to be waiting 4 years and then put it in their select range, by which point people aren't interested any more :heh:

In that case, there's definitely room for a compromise in lowering the price earlier, I agree with that.

Things have improved though recently, A Link Between Worlds is in the new Nintendo Selects range, so that's two years after release.

Perhaps a price drop of £10 after six months, then dropping the price to half RRP or less with the Nintendo Selects release but make it a year after instead of two, that would be more sensible.

I'm hoping we will see better pricing strategies with the NX though for games.

Back to Twilight Princess HD, how many will be purchasing it on release providing it's £30 - £40 and who will be waiting or not purchasing it at all?

In that case, there's definitely room for a compromise in lowering the price earlier, I agree with that.

Things have improved though recently, A Link Between Worlds is in the new Nintendo Selects range, so that's two years after release.

Perhaps a price drop of £10 after six months, then dropping the price to half RRP or less with the Nintendo Selects release but make it a year after instead of two, that would be more sensible.

I'm hoping we will see better pricing strategies with the NX though for games.

Back to Twilight Princess HD, how many will be purchasing it on release providing it's £30 - £40 and who will be waiting or not purchasing it at all?

If it's between £30 and £40 then not a chance. This needs to be a £20 game for me to have any interest. That or a shit load more needs to be done to make it look better before release.

I won't be purchasing it at all. I was not really fond of the original that much and I tend not to buy Nintendo remakes anymore as I don't play them for very long - mostly due to playing them to death in the years previous.