NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bob

Sherlock Season 4

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Took me a while to realise, but now i'm all confused.

Yeah just saw the advert for this and was like "wait... isn't this Shrlock modern day..."

Looks good though; should catch up on the other series sometime.

Aaaaaah, that makes sense...ish. Looks good though! I hope it's just a good mystery for him to solve and doesn't get too silly.

I'm surprised they're still making this, both of them seem to be doing fair-average (better than David Tennant and Matthew off've Downton).

Oh...my...god.

Can't wait.

I think it's time to watch Seasons 1-3 yet again :D

Soooo, Season 4 started.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a few tears...

Great episode and great start to what could be an incredible season.

There was something odd about the episode, not bad, just a bit unlike the other episodes in the show. Perhaps the filming or sound was different, or the theme of the episode.

I didn't care for the death of Mary. She was always a side-character that didn't really do anything for me in the show and was more like filler. I'm also a bit bored by Watson being mad at Sherlock - I know it's because of grief because it's not rational but still, it's boring and doesn't quite suit the show. However, I liked that they made Watson flawed and insinuated that he had something going on with that other woman. Up to now I think he's been a bit too good.

Don't misunderstand me, though, I quite liked the episode and can't wait for next week!

So, I kinda fell out with this show. The first season was pretty gripping, dark, mysterious. Moriarty had an incredibly dangerous presence.

After that though, I liked it less and less over time. It was painfully self-aware, overflowing with jokes and references, and trying desperately to be ultramodern (ipad swiping mind-mapping anyone?)

Should I give it another try, has it had a return to form at any point...?

No, not really. First two seasons are the best. It's gone pretty far up its own arse since then.

I'll keep watching, but I won't enjoy it.

So, I kinda fell out with this show. The first season was pretty gripping, dark, mysterious. Moriarty had an incredibly dangerous presence.

After that though, I liked it less and less over time. It was painfully self-aware, overflowing with jokes and references, and trying desperately to be ultramodern (ipad swiping mind-mapping anyone?)

Should I give it another try, has it had a return to form at any point...?

I've never loved it love it. It's very good, brilliantly written and directed, but way too pretentious for me. I (in all seriousness) prefer elementary, much trashier, not as 'classy' but great mindless entertainment.

Season 3 was abysmal of Sherlock, but actually the new season is very very good. Tonally still la lot off as always, but been quite impressed. Definitely worth giving this season a go.

Just watched Epsiode 2...

I know that everybody was upset about how the series turned from "focussing on crimes" to "making the characters' emotions the focus" but I think they should just accept that it works and that it is perfectly executed.

Oh and not to forget: The crimes are still important. Hugely!

The twists in this episode were amazing, especially the final one...

shocked_moriarty.gif

Can't wait for the finale. It's a shame I won't be able to stream it next Sunday. Don't want to wait for another day :D

By the way, Toby Jones is incredible.

Edited by drahkon

Alright. Season 4 has ended.

I loved it. An excellent final episode to a great Season (to a great show?)

Some people say it's too convoluted and confusing. I don't want to come across as someone who thinks he's such a smart guy but I didn't find it confusing at all...but I won't go into it. Experience it for yourself and make up your own mind.

Sian Brooke was INCREDIBLE as Eurus. And her character was great. The way the story of the Holme's family, Sherlock's past and especially Eurus' troubled life unfolded....I was at the edge of my seat, I was crying, I was laughing...Awesome.

"GOD, drahkon is such a little fanboy".

SHUT UP :p

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/16/sherlock-how-the-tv-phenomenon-became-an-annoying-parody-of-itself

This pretty echoes my disappointment in the finale. They built up Eurus so much in the second episode and it seemed like a grand showdown against another mastermind was going down.

What did we get? A dodgy Saw/Portal hybrid which was just dull.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/sherlock/feature/a819115/sherlock-season-4-plot-holes-unanswered-questions-theories/

And some unanswered questions. Some of which I would be most intrigued about the answers.

I really liked the episode and the whole season, even if I felt it wasn't very Sherlock Holmes. There was one other thing missing from this episode for me however, and it was

a scene at the end with Sherlock explaining Molly what happened... the flash of her happy at the end was weird and not enough

I want more!!

Sign in to follow this