NEurope
Serebii

Hyrule Warriors 3DS

I initially didn't give this game a second glance, having put many hours into the WiiU version. With the extra characters and content they seem to be cramming into that tiny cartridge I'm getting more and more interested. Hopefully they can add some more gameplay contents / levels besides just the extra characters.

I initially didn't give this game a second glance, having put many hours into the WiiU version. With the extra characters and content they seem to be cramming into that tiny cartridge I'm getting more and more interested. Hopefully they can add some more gameplay contents / levels besides just the extra characters.

Well, the Story mode has a few extra chapters revolving around the Wind Waker characters, there's also a few new levels based on Wind Waker as well. Two new bosses based on, yep, you guessed it, Wind Waker.

There are also two new sub items, a hammer and an Ocarina. A new mechanic that let's you switch between playable characters on the field on the fly.

But keep in mind that Challenge Mode and 2-player Co-op aren't available on the 3DS version. But yeah, it's jam packed. And Koei Tecmo are hinting at more stuff they haven't revealed yet.

Oh my God he attacks with the sail that's brilliant :laughing:

It's so brilliant that I have forgotten how to use punctuation his voice so funny yes yes yes :bowdown:

I really hope all this is dlc for the Wii u version. Be great to have an excuse to get back into this game.

Well, that voice is hilarious! And I very much approve of spinny sail!

Daphnes always was an odd character in Wind Waker. Your Kingdom gets flooded and you need to find the descendant of a legendary hero to fight against the King of Evil. But you need a disguise...

e1252b7d2744438f5b036ae3adbd8e33.jpg

Why, of course! That's sensible!

Well, that voice is hilarious! And I very much approve of spinny sail!

Daphnes always was an odd character in Wind Waker. Your Kingdom gets flooded and you need to find the descendant of a legendary hero to fight against the King of Evil. But you need a disguise...

Why, of course! That's sensible!

That plan worked out pretty well I'd say.

I didn't think he changed into the boat though, I always thought they were just linked.

Edited by Ike

That plan worked out pretty well I'd day.

I didn't think he changed into the boat though, I always thought they were just linked.

Well yeah, but it was a pretty far-out plan to begin with.

My take on the whole "Now I'm a boat" thing is that the boat is an inanimate object that the King posesses.

Which is why I think it's eyes are closed during the ending. It was a unnerving small little detail that I love.

Either way, he's still cool and has a fantastic laugh.

And I like how he still refuses to actually walk in this game.

Ganondorf getting a trident is long overdue!

Like, seriously, how was that not in the original?

Oh well, at least it's fixed now, hopefully I'll like this weapon more.

I was never any good with his Great Swords

Heheh, bowling bowl moon attack. I wonder if he'll have some sort of "moon crashes to the earth" attack, too?

Well, Linkle looks like loads of fun to play as. Probably my favourite trailer out of the new ones.

I do secretly hope for more characters/weapons that they're keeping under wraps or something.

There's a few comparison videos out now that compare the game running on a normal 3DS VS a New3DS...

Not looking good for the old 3DS here... (and bear in mind that S3D isn't available at all on the old model, so the comparison in person is even less flattering to it than these videos would suggest!)

Edited by Dcubed

How do you get the demo, I checked the Japanese eShop and I couldn't find it?

How do you get the demo, I checked the Japanese eShop and I couldn't find it?

You have to use this QR code that was given out in CoroCoro magazine...

tumblr_nzwqhlzPiX1s2z1y6o6_r5_1280.jpg

Enjoy! : peace:

You have to use this QR code that was given out in CoroCoro magazine...

tumblr_nzwqhlzPiX1s2z1y6o6_r5_1280.jpg

Enjoy! : peace:

Thanks!

It's not a pretty port... :(

Being able to switch characters is nice.

Thanks!

It's not a pretty port... :(

Being able to switch characters is nice.

For contexts sake, are you playing on an old 3DS or a new 3DS?

EDIT: Checked out the comparison videos above. It might as well be a New 3DS exclusive. The old one is horrifically jarring.

New 3DS version holds up very nicely though. Very impressive, despite the higher case of grunts popping in.

Edited by Glen-i