NEurope
Serebii

Hyrule Warriors 3DS

It'll release 24th March instead of 25th, alongside a Hyrule Edition New 3DS XL.

CZPuG_-WcAAE5SW.jpg

CZPvv7FWkAAnpQk.jpg

Also, Wolf Link amiibo unlocks some exclusive content, Zelda-related amiibo from Smash Bros.-series unlock weapon enhancements and the rest of the amiibo unlocks random rewards, as was the case with the Wii U-version.

Edited by MindFreak

That is one good looking new 3DS XL!! I am tempted for sure, i'm still rocking the OG 3DS so it's about time i got myself one of these :) I'm torn between this one or the Fire Emblem Fates n3DS whenever that gets announced for EU.

Hyrules Warriors Legends will be on Wii U as dlc right and not tied to having the 3ds version?

Hyrules Warriors Legends will be on Wii U as dlc right and not tied to having the 3ds version?

So far, they've only announced that the new characters will be playable on the Wii U, and only if you unlock them with a code that comes with the 3DS game.

It's definitely possible that they'll release the characters along with the new story content + adventure map as regular DLC for the Wii U game down the line, but seeing how the code is used as one of the selling points of the 3DS game, it's unlikely that we'll hear anything about that before Legends has been out for a while.

I'm really annoyed this game exists. I absolutely LOVED the Wii U version but I don't want to buy it again. If it was a sequel/spin-off I'd be more tempted, but the fact it's pretty much the same with a few added extras doesn't inspire me to pick it up at all. It's clearly just there to pad out the release schedule.

The 3DS has been a great console for me, but it feels like it has been slowly dying in the last year, since I bought a New 3DS. I am very much looking forward to the new Fire Emblem though.

My thoughts exactly. I feel like dev time must have been wasted trying to squeeze the game onto 3DS (with not very impressive results it would seem from the video).

I had a crack of the demo during my lunch break and the games visuals are VERY rough. They look like a jaggy/blurry mess, with pop in showing up all over the place. Why the hell this was ported over is really puzzling.

I'm pretty gutted the new characters are locked behind this version. Personally, I would have liked the characters to be released on the Wii U eShop so I could buy them separately.

I had a crack of the demo during my lunch break and the games visuals are VERY rough. They look like a jaggy/blurry mess, with pop in showing up all over the place. Why the hell this was ported over is really puzzling.

I'm pretty gutted the new characters are locked behind this version. Personally, I would have liked the characters to be released on the Wii U eShop so I could buy them separately.

Yeah I want all the characters and costumes, probably even the new DLC whatever it is, but I don't want to buy the 3DS version... Think it'll all coe over to the Wii u one? Though if this game is ever cheap and still comes with all the characters, may be worth buying it, getting the characters and selling the game :)

Were you playing on a New 3DS?

Because I played the demo and it ran like a dream. Sure, there's a little bit more pop-up, but it's nothing too distracting. Looks impressive too!

The character switching is a god-send though, that's gonna be incredibly useful! AI Impa having trouble with a Lizalfos? No problem! I'll play as Impa for a bit and smack it's lizardy face. Even better, using the command feature, I've just told Link and Zelda to run to the Fairy Fountain so that when I'm done with the Lizalfos, I can just switch back to them instantly and finish the objective there in less than 5 seconds.

I love it! It encourages you to get good with loads of characters! I feel like I have so much more control over the battlefield, which means that if I mess up and fail a level, it's far more likely that it was my fault.

This game can't come out soon enough!

Game runs like poo when 3D is turned on on the New3DS. With 3D turned off, it runs just fine.

It's a shame, 'cause the 3D effect is pretty decent here. But I suppose it was just too much of an ask of even the New3DS for solid performance with 3D turned on. Still an incredibly impressive port though! Really quite something to see a port of a Wii U title running so well on a handheld! It's far closer to the Wii U game than it has any right to be! (well... unless you play it on a regular 3DS that is :laughing: )

Demo seems pretty good on the New 3DS without 3D on. Still undecided about picking this up though as I do have it on Wii U and never bothered with the season pass stuff. Once through felt like enough.

Tried it out and I thought it was amazing, if it had cloud saves across the two versions I'd certainly buy it. Much better than expected and the sheer volume of content is just silly.

The DLC packs have been detailed

Downloadable content packs

There will be four DLC Packs for Hyrule Warriors: Legends on Nintendo 3DS, which can be bought separately or all at once in the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass.

Late spring 2016: Master Wind Waker Pack (DLC Pack 1)

If you purchase the Master Wind Waker Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

•16 new My Fairy costume pieces

•The “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle scenario

Summer 2016: Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2)

If you purchase the Link’s Awakening Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

•16 new My Fairy costume pieces

•A new map for Adventure Mode with two new challenge battle scenarios

•A new playable character

•A new weapon for Linkle

Autumn 2016: Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack (DLC Pack 3)

If you purchase the Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

•15 new My Fairy costume pieces

•A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios

•A new weapon for Toon Link

Winter 2016: A Link Between Worlds Pack (DLC Pack 4)

If you purchase the A Link Between Worlds Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

•15 new My Fairy Costumes

•A new map for Adventure Mode with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios

•Two new playable characters

Downloadable content for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U

In addition to the previously released downloadable content, there will be three DLC Packs for Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, which can be bought separately or all at once in the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass.

Summer 2016: Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2)

•A new weapon for Linkle

I tried the demo but I wasn't too excited. It felt a bit too much like button bashing and combos not being too important. Graphic-wise it looked good! I think I will stick to the main series and finally buy A Link Between Worlds.

What are fairy costumes

Costumes for the fairies you can use in the 3DS only "My Fairy" feature.

Still, that's pretty much the same amount of content as the WiiU season pass! Awesome!

And they're actually acknowledging the 2D Zelda's this time! Fantastic!

Time for character/weapon predictions!

Link's awakening pack has me stumped over what character it'll introduce. Marin? Not quite sure what she would use as a weapon though...

I'm secretly hoping it actually covers the oracle games as well and we get Ricky. This is it! It's now or never!

As for Linkle's weapon, well... Roc's Feather? Nah, that's silly. How about the Cane of Somaria? Was that in Link's Awakening? Wouldn't mind fighting with the power of blocks.

PH/SS pack's new character? My money's on Linebeck. But maybe that's too obvious? I suppose Phantom Zelda is another possibility...

No wait, a weapon for Toon Link? Then my guess is the Phantom. Kinda funny, the prospect of Link's weapon being Zelda herself.

As for the LBW Pack (Hah! I totally called it @Dcubed!), two characters will obviously be either Ravio, Hilda or Yuga. It's too obvious not to do!

I tried the demo but I wasn't too excited. It felt a bit too much like button bashing and combos not being too important. Graphic-wise it looked good! I think I will stick to the main series and finally buy A Link Between Worlds.

Trust me, it gets a lot better. Especially on the harder levels. It's actually more of a management game than a button basher. But you'll never see that from the first level.

Anyone who played WiiU's adventure mode can tell you that it's all about staying in control of the battlefield.

As for original 3DS folks, it seems the game runs slower with less enemies on screen, but most importantly, is still very much playable. I haven’t had the opportunity to try this, but why not download the demo from the e-shop and judge for yourself?

As a original 3DS owner, I have to disagree with this. The game runs like garbage on the original 3DS. I'm quite honestly shocked that it is seeing a release on that model. It's certainly not up to the standards of a game that holds a key Nintendo IP. They really should have just made it a NEW 3DS exclusive.

As a original 3DS owner, I have to disagree with this. The game runs like garbage on the original 3DS. I'm quite honestly shocked that it is seeing a release on that model. It's certainly not up to the standards of a game that holds a key Nintendo IP. They really should have just made it a NEW 3DS exclusive.

I downloaded the demo last night to my girlfriend's 3DS, gonna fire it up myself tonight and possibly edit the end of the review. Seems people on the Gaf are pretty torn about it, lots of people argue that it's playable, lots of people disagree.

is it an argument like when they say 30fps is unplayable after playing 60fps? because i laugh at all those statements after coming from the 80s/90s gaming frame rates

Have to say though on New 3ds the demo runs like garbage with 3D on, utter garbage - as much as i hated Gamefreak doing it, i think it might have been better to have 3D locked to cut scenes

is it an argument like when they say 30fps is unplayable after playing 60fps? because i laugh at all those statements after coming from the 80s/90s gaming frame rates

Have to say though on New 3ds the demo runs like garbage with 3D on, utter garbage - as much as i hated Gamefreak doing it, i think it might have been better to have 3D locked to cut scenes

Still runs better than the 3DS does with 3D off :p

It really is terrible on non New3DS devices. I wouldn't say unplayable, but it will certainly remind you of the N64 days...

Just got my Limited Edition. The watch is at least better than the scarf was.

IMG_20160324_121431.jpg

I dunno if they've improved performance since the demo build but playing the first level on a New Nintendo 3DS XL with 3D on seems to give me the same performance as on the Wii U.

With the character switching I might even go as far to say that this is actually the best way to play Hyrule Warriors...