NEurope
Serebii

Hyrule Warriors 3DS

Not exclusive, the boxart in the trailer is a normal 3DS box.

I imagine it'll be N3DS enhanced though.

Just saw. Honestly surprised that they managed to pull it off on the normal 3DS (or even the New3DS for that matter - actually the whole bloody thing is a real surprise!)

Ooh! The Sonic Amiibo works!? Cool! I liked the Zelda level in Sonic Lost World, it was a good laugh; so I'm sure he'll be just as funny here.

Edited by Dcubed

Ooh! The Sonic Amiibo works!? Cool! I liked the Zelda level in Sonic Lost World, it was a good laugh; so I'm sure he'll be just as funny here.
Well apparently that image appeared then disappeared from SEGA's twitter account, just spotted it on Neogaf. So yeah, no need to get excited, or angry (depending on your point of view) just yet. :heh: Edited by RedShell

Not excited about this at all. Hardly touched Adventure Mode on the Wii U. Ive got loads of DLC to get through.

May therefore give this a miss.

Apparently this was meant to be revealed Friday, not in the Digital Event.

Good lord.

That'll teach for trying to understand the big N's ways.

Having said all this, if Hyrule Warriors 3DS had been announced in the Digital Event, we'd all be a bit :zzz: so may as well get it out of the way, like their other smaller announcements.

Tetra and Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule... and maybe even female Link! This game is so close to being absolutely perfect now.

(All we need is Groose.)

I'm not sure I'd double dip for an inferior version with just some minor differences (which I assume this'll be), though, so hopefully the new characters are available as paid DLC for the Wii U version à la Smash-Mewtwo.

If this had Cross Save features (ha!) i'd be very happy, then i might finish all of Hyrule Warriors

To be fair, I don't think this game is made with the intent of people double-dipping. It's more to open the game up to the 50+m 3DS users

So why offer wind waker characters in the wii u version if you buy both?!

*Insert insulting joke about Wind Waker fans here*

Jokes aside, I didn't see this coming. And honestly, I don't see the point.

My theory for all these announcements is that Nintendo took measures to fill the Wii U and 3DS lineups long after the infamous, ever longer and ever drier "launch window" and that's first now starting to show results. That the second half of this year, we'll actually see a properly good lineup (because let's face it: while last autumn was good by Wii U standards, it wasn't ACTUALLY very good).

By that I mean perhaps two or perhaps even three fairly high quality games a month from here on out.

The alternative is that this is just more evidence that Nintendo have no clue of what they're doing.

Edited by Hogge

I will be very surprised if they're not available to purchase separately.

I didn't see this coming. And honestly, I don't see the point.

A piece of the 50 million 3DS market?

My theory for all these announcements is that Nintendo took measures to fill the Wii U and 3DS lineups long after the infamous, ever longer and ever drier "launch window" and that's first now starting to show results.

These are small announcements, the likes of which we would roll our eyes at if they were part of the E3 presentation. They're just getting them out of the way.

By that I mean perhaps two or perhaps even three fairly high quality games a month from here on out.

No idea how you figure that, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The alternative is that this is just more evidence that Nintendo have no clue of what they're doing.

Or perhaps... you have no clue what they're doing?

Some leaks from Famitsu

Back at E3, Nintendo revealed that Koei-Tecmo was working on Hyrule Warriors: Legends for the Nintendo 3DS. This handheld version will have some additional content, including some brand new characters that will be transferrable to Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.

Since the announcement, we haven’t had any new details about the game, but this is about to change this week. As mentioned a few days ago, Hyrule Warriors Legends will be playable at the Tokyo Game Show next week (September 17-20), and just like we predicted, Famitsu will have some additional details about the game before the actual show.

According to leaks (not 100% confirmed for now), Toon Link is one of the new characters playable in Hyrule Warriors Legends. Unsurprisingly, he will use a sword to fight, and is said to be quite agile. Apparently, despite the fact that the game will have some additional story for The Wind Waker, he will not be in the Legend Mode. He will, however, be playable in the other modes, and will be transferrable to Hyrule Warriors on Wii U.

About the new story content for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (in Legend Mode), we learn that Tetra and the King of Hyrule will both be present (which isn’t surprising at all!)… along with the Helmaroc King, which is most likely one of the new boss characters in Hyrule Warriors Legends.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-toon-link-to-be-playable-new-story-for-the-wind-waker/?utm_campaign=hyrule-warriors-legends-toon-link-to-be-playable-new-story-for-the-wind-waker&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

So now there's going to be three Links? Interesting... Hope he manages to have an interesting moveset, considering that the Deku Leaf and Wind Waker were already taken by Lana and Zelda.

I really, really hope they provide a way for the WiiU owners to get access to all the 3DS features. Even if it's through paid DLC.

I do not want to start all over again. But I want those extra story mode levels, that switching character feature, the WW characters and Helmaroc King!

Something I've been wondering ever since the reveal trailer is what's up with the crossbow in this moment?

hyrule-warriors-3ds-linkle-crossbow.png?w=736

Yeah, I know it's quite old, but it does bug me.

Edited by Glen-i

Few details from Gaf.

-amiibo support is in but no details yet

-more new characters will be announced later

-Tetra, Toon Link, King of Hyrule DLC codes for Wii U version will be inside the box (so you can give them to a friend)

-Stereoscopic 3D is only available on New 3DS thanks to extra juice

-reconfirms all HW Wii U DLC will be included in HWL

-will consider DLC for HW Legends if there's enough demand, nothing planned right now

-everything from Wii U version is in the 3DS version except Challenge Mode due to the smaller screen size

The Wind Waker content looks amazing. Sooo many annoying Miniblins! And even the Big Blins from Spirit Tracks! :D

Also nice to hear confirmation about more new characters (as if there's not enough content to last me over 1000 hours already, haha). Hoping it's more than just Linkelle or Linkle or whatever they called her. Surely this is Groose's time to shine, right?

...Though if they're gonna stick with characters from the Toon style, I'd be perfectly fine with Vaati, Staven or Linebeck, too.

More new characters!? Oh lord, the excitement of the character build-up is gonna drive me nuts again!

The Ricky dream rises from the grave to torment me with the possibility of Ganondorf getting punched in the face by a boxing Kangaroo!

A new character has been revealed in Famitsu

Skull Kid!

Also, Phantom Ganon from Wind Waker is a boss.

A new character has been revealed in Famitsu

Skull Kid!

Also, Phantom Ganon from Wind Waker is a boss.

But...

...that's not Groose. :cry:

Still cool though I guess. Phantom Ganon should be pretty great, too.

Not a bad choice, that's for sure.

I'm starting to think there may be a Majora's Mask segment in the story mode. There's more than enough characters to use after all and it's the only 3D Zelda to not have one.

Also, Young Link's focus strike is going to be hilarious to use on Skull Kid, it's like Super Karma.

I'm also guessing that Phantom Ganon is the Wind Waker version?

I really do hope the 2D Zeldas get some more reps in there apart from 3 bosses...