NEurope
Cube

DC's Legends of Tomorrow

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/07/cw-legends-tomorrow-cordon-crazy-ex-girlfriend?hootPostID=ef404786f467424ad99a68b2cd506533

Flash/Arrow spin-off has been officially announced.

In Legends, when heroes alone are not enough, the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat—one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

The main cast:

Arthur Darvill - Rip Hunter

Brandon Routh - The Atom

Wentworth Miller - Captain Cold

Dominic Purcell - Heat Wave

Victor Garber - Firestorm (no Robbie Amell, oddly)

Ciara Renee - Hawkgirl

Franz Drameh - Jay Jackson (new hero?)

Caity Lotz - ??? (Possibly Sara Lance from the past)

I reckon HIVE are going to bring Black Canary back since Damien Darhk stole water from the Lazarus Pit. At least I hope that's what happens. Okay, it probably won't happen.

I'd think it would be great if they kept the seasons short on this. Arrow really suffered mid-season which I suspect was because of Flash, which fucking rocks. Hope they don't overstretch, but if it gives them an excuse to throw more heroes into Arrow and Flash, I'm all for it.

Oh I thought this was the Machinima thing they announced? Is that something different?

Hmm. Not sure what to say. It sounds promising but there are almost too many shows to watch now. I might not watch this continually and just watch it when it's all out. I really hope they could consider keeping this an 8 or 10 episodes show, just straight and to the point rather than a lot of side stories.

I'm not sure about this show, but will certainly give it a chance.

The mismash of characters seems random and not sure how well the time travel aspect will fit in with the universe Arrow created....yeah I know it has already been used in The Flash but the idea of Rip Hunter a character who is "responsible for history itself" seems a step too far... that or maybe its just cause I honestly know very little about the character....and by that I mean all I know is what I read when Arthur Darvill was cast :heh:

Why no Robbie Amell though?

Also wondering how the hell they will introduce Hawkgirl into it?

Will she just be a metahuman that grew wings after the partical accelerator went boom?

Edited by Mokong

I'm not sure about this show, but will certainly give it a chance.

The mismash of characters seems random and not sure how well the time travel aspect will fit in with the universe Arrow created....yeah I know it has already been used in The Flash but the idea of Rip Hunter a character who is "responsible for history itself" seems a step too far... that or maybe its just cause I honestly know very little about the character....and by that I mean all I know is what I read when Arthur Darvill was cast :heh:

Why no Robbie Amell though?

Also wondering how the hell they will introduce Hawkgirl into it?

Will she just be a metahuman that grew wings after the partical accelerator went boom?

I expect it will tie into the fact that we learnt a few episodes ago that it wasnt just the particle accelerator that gave metahumans their powers as the bank robber guy wasnt in Central City when it went off.

Edited by Happenstance

Damnit, it actually looks good. I really hope that they keep it short and to the point instead of dragging it out too long. 10 episodes max.

I thought they weren't filming for a while... Unless they filmed a pilot or just trailer segments.

Anyway. Sara!

Mildly related: trying to avoid Arrow finale spoilers while I'm on holiday is hard. Even articles about this randomly talk about it.

Edited by Ashley

God damn that looked good!

Firstly who revived Sara and when? it would make sense for someone league affiliated to so either Oliver (revive her for Laurel/Lt Lance), Nyssa (for obvious reasons) or Malcolm (Oliver made a point of saying he'd never forgive for sara, Malcolm wants a relationship with his daughter...curve ball but would suit his ends and he has the most access to the pits)

As for when? before the Arrow finale? would mean whomever did it, kept it quiet for reasons? after? but would decomposition have been an issue?

The vandal savage storyline i'm not familiar with, it did instantly make me think of an old Justice League storyline where Vandal augmented the Nazi's tech to win the war and the league went back in time to stop him...would they do that given the big screen showing of Hydra by Marvel?

I'm mainly going into this blind so i'm actually happy i've no idea of story lines

Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell? What year is it?

That was a really natty trailer though. The content was good, but too many zippy cuts and swishy comic edits.

Thats exactly the same content from the previous trailer with filler from season 1 of Arrow and Flash, with some snazzy comic inserts

Yeah basically that ^

My only issue is with Captain Cold. I do not like him as a character. He's being acted waaaay too hammy (intentionally, clearly). Needs dialling back a bit.

Edited by Shorty

I still don't trust The Atom, though.

That's because you've watched Chuck.

Average? You are generous sometimes. Personally I thought bar the plane scene it was ass. But then I'm not really a fan of the Christopher Reeves films so...

I thought Brandon Routh was an excellent Clark Kent but a dull Superman. The plane scene however is still my favourite moment in any Superman movie so far.