Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Splatoon Direct - 7th May

Serebii

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this have local multiplayer and co-op and all that? Might be a laugh on boardgame night.

There will be only one local multiplayer mode and it will be 1v1 only.

“What we can tell you about the one-on-one, at least, is that one player will be using the GamePad, one player will be using the Pro Controller. And we’re actually thinking of having that one-on-one mode be something kinda completely different from the four-on-four one where it’ll be, you know, kind of a lot more stalking and hiding in the ink. It’ll be much more like a quiet mode in a sense.”

Source

Just a warning. There's going to be something in here that is not going to be good or nice and will result in a lot of bitching/disappointment. As such, I am expelling myself from this thread and the Splatoon thread so as to try and keep harmony.

The rest of you can fight to the death Amok Time style, though :p

I'm looking forward to everything else in the Direct. Unfortunately I've only been told the negative bit.

[countdown=05/07/2015 3:00 PM;]Count down:[/countdown]

8nEtpDA.gif

Just a warning. There's going to be something in here that is not going to be good or nice and will result in a lot of bitching/disappointment. As such, I am expelling myself from this thread and the Splatoon thread so as to try and keep harmony.

The rest of you can fight to the death Amok Time style, though :p

I'm looking forward to everything else in the Direct. Unfortunately I've only been told the negative bit.

Interesting.

I'm gonna guess it's a lack of being able to hook up with friends and then bring said party into a match.

Oh god, they're linking it with the worst Nintendo game of all time, Super Mario Sunshine, aren't they?

Oh god, they're linking it with the worst Nintendo game of all time, Super Mario Sunshine, aren't they?

The worst Nintendo game ever is Metroid Prime

*runs away*

I kid I kid

Edited by Serebii

I saw a rumour somewhere, can't remember which website, saying there's a big patch due over the Summer which will add the competitive online modes to the game then and possibly add voice chat amongst friends too. The online mode(s) for the first few months is going to be very basic.

Hope this is not true :mad:

I saw a rumour somewhere, can't remember which website, saying there's a big patch due over the Summer which will add the competitive online modes to the game then and possibly add voice chat amongst friends too. The online mode(s) for the first few months is going to be very basic.

You're on the right lines...

OK, that is not a huge problem for me if the patch arrives inside 2 months or so, especially if that means that the online modes will be better.

Haven't they already said that the ranked mode battles won't come out until later on when enough people are on level 10?

If the full online update is not until summer that on't be too bad. Risky though, as people could conceivably have moved on by then.

Haven't they already said that the ranked mode battles won't come out until later on when enough people are on level 10?

If the full online update is not until summer that on't be too bad. Risky though, as people could conceivably have moved on by then.

If it turns out to be something like that then i'm not too fussed. As you said, they already mentioned that the ranked mode will come later down the road.

Saying that, I didn't even think about what you just said in regards to people moving on. Good shout. This happened with Titanfall on the Xbox. A lot of people went elsewhere after the launch game modes turned out to be very basic.

At the same time though it goes hand in hand with their strategy of getting gamers to come back to their games on a regular basis. Of course this is only a good thing if the Day 1 package is substantial already.

Still, not long now until we see what the deal is...

The online portion of the game is playable only between the hours of 2300 and 0600 so that kids can be super protected from swear words after the NSA hacks the gamepad to listen in for terrorists.

You're on the right lines...

There is no online until Summer seems to be on the right lines...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!