N-Europe

Nintendo Direct - April 1st - 11pm BST

Serebii

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. :D

I'm pretty sure something good must be coming given that the VC has zip being released on it this week. If nothing does come from the ND then it will pay for Azure Striker Gunvolt.

I've got a reputable source that tells me its finally going to be a select few Gamecube games coming tonight, starting with Doshin the Giant

Snes VC on the 3DS. N64 & GC games on Wii U and some new games would be nice.

Hope its not just full of games we already know about.

If we were going to get SNES on the 3DS, we would have it by now.

As they're moving to NX and NX (both handheld and console) are said to absorb Wii U architecture, it's a bit of a waste of resources to put SNES VC on it now.

Zelda being an Aprils fool, it doesn't even make sense, you do them on April 1st, not reveal them from days earlier!!!

Anyways, I'm less bothered about VC unless it's about cross buy, I'm more interested in a general improvement of their services - speedier OS, party chat, web shop, miiverse, amiibo gallery app, other apps/software etc; obviously new games, but I just want release dates for the games we know about. So we have some idea!! A big game reveal or starfox trailer would be great, but only if they have even bigger and better things at E3!

My guess:

- Splatoon blow-out: release date confirmation, Inkling amiibo figurines shown, utilisation explained, modes shown.

- Yoshi's Whoolly World: new screens and trailer, no specific release date, just "summer 2015", amiibo support.

- Kirby details for Europe

- Xenoblade X details for Europe

- Tipping Stars DLC

- Mewtwo details

- Mario Kart DLC pack 2 details, extra amiibo suits

- Codename S.T.E.A.M.

- Puzzles & Dragon

- Fire Emblem 3DS

- New platforms added to Wii U & 3DS VC

No mentions of Mario Maker, Zelda, Star Fox or Devils Third

Is this an EU-specific ND? Just got to wondering why it's so late of the evening, 11pm is a bit silly for me(and probably a lot of folks, actually!).

@Alak no promises but I might see if I'm able to join you for a tumble or two in Smash, will be on thread with mentions and in the chat too if I am. Not sure if I have you on friends list already but I'm Rumdumcious and will have a look at your NNID and add when I get home in an hour or so.

Anyways, I'm less bothered about VC unless it's about cross buy

I don't think we'll hear about that just now - the clumsy way they implemented the tipping stars cross buy suggests they are doing a bit of research into how best to implement that - at least that is my take on it.

A big game reveal or starfox trailer would be great, but only if they have even bigger and better things at E3!

I really hope we'll hear a bit more about that, but they only really said it would come out before Zelda.. which is no longer down as being a 100% 2015 release.

It would be sweet if they went with the episodic route, with episode 1 releasing tomorrow, low price, but plenty of content to keep us going, and a new episode every month or so?

I'd say an F-zero would fit the bill better though - each quarter releasing a new cup, with the first cup coming with the game releasing tomorrow :D

But that is fantasy, I imagine we will hear about how awesome the NEW 3DS is doing, a bit of information about what is to come after club nintendo ceases to be, then release dates across the next two or three months for a few games we already knew were coming, Mario Kart DLC infor and release date and a promise of a lot more information soon.

Is this an EU-specific ND? Just got to wondering why it's so late of the evening, 11pm is a bit silly for me(and probably a lot of folks, actually!).

@Alak no promises but I might see if I'm able to join you for a tumble or two in Smash, will be on thread with mentions and in the chat too if I am. Not sure if I have you on friends list already but I'm Rumdumcious and will have a look at your NNID and add when I get home in an hour or so.

Not EU specific, but it's because of Germany that it's so late. It has Devil's Third in it which is M rated and they can't stream M rated games in Germany before 10pm

My memory of Devil's Third is it taking up about an hour of IGN's Nintendo Event post-show. It was sooooo long, at a time when all you wanted was to hear the IGN crew talk about the actual presentation.

I'm just hoping it's been polished up a LOT. It looked pretty ropey at E3.

I'm expecting the same as about everybody else but here's a few wildcards :-

Mario Strikers United for Wii U shown.

'New 3DS only' game shown. Donkey Kong Land Returns? Kid Icarus 2? Diddy Kong Racing 2? Wario something or other?

A complicated voice chat app for the Wii U operating system.

Mario Maker releasing in July with pixelated amiibo range similar to these :-

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlKXWcuHjjcuNLlsN-szUohktBC_bihOM_MoM94MfCQWvN4KR4

Right then, I'm not hyped for this at all (I'll be watching it tomorrow night) but I'll give my predictions.

Splatoon gameplay and new trailer (10 mins of the direct)

New Amiibo wave shown (Splatoon) plus you can play as certain Nintendo characters in a special Amiibo arena by scanning the Amiibo.

More Wii eshop games announced

Mario Kart DLC 2 trailer and date

No big announcements. They'll be saving those for E3

Bah! I already own Doshin the Giant. :D

Wow, that means they sold two copies? :heh:

Make that three copies! :heh:

I've owned Doshin since back in the day, I remember buying it when my local independent game shop at the time was selling a load of games off, pretty sure that's how I ended up buying Kirby's Air Ride as well. :D

------------------------------------------------------

Personally for me I would like to see the following tonight...

• N64 VC games

• GC VC games

• DS VC games

• Next amiibo wave (available to pre-order straight after the direct)
    Acknowledgement of our patience regarding Zelda's delay (not necessary but would be nice)

• Compensation for expired VIP points (just extend the dates on the recent game pins somehow)

• Mario Kart 8 dlc (Available right now)

• Xenoblade Chronicles X release date (end of June please Nintendo or early July)

• Yoshi's Wooly World release date (significantly before Xenoblade please)

• Mewtwo DLC (available... right now!)

• Splatoon amiibo details, release dates, bundles etc

• And one more thing... we have a new trailer, please take a look... (Starfox reveal plus N64 Lylat Wars VC game and Starfox Assault either Coming Soon or available right now)

That'd do! : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!