N-Europe

Cities Skylines

Fierce_LiNk

I've been on this for around 3 hours using Ine's poverty macbook. It runs! The fans are working hard but I've had no problems yet. The game is awesome. :)

My initial town, dubbed Jimville US of was a bit shit, but I managed to get 6,500 people living there. Not bad for a first attempt. Can't wait to play more.

I've really been enjoying this game. It's especially good if you're waiting for something to happen at 4 in the morning or so. The modding community seems to be pretty active too, and they've added pretty much everything the game has been missing.

I originally posted these in the screenshots thread, but they're probably appropriate here as well:

U47q5k2.jpg

XiLjOIe.jpg

BOoMtVz.jpg

ZG2tATD.jpg

qxWuZlp.jpg

sRnexrr.jpg

Current Recommended Mods:

First Person Camera - Lets you walk/fly around your city, or view it through the eyes of a pedestrian or driver

HideUI - Useful for First Person Camera

Hide Policy Icons - Makes the map look cleaner if you have a lot of policies set for districts

Toggle Traffic Lights - The game isn't always great at deciding which intersections should have lights or not

Extended Public Transport UI - Makes it easier to view and modify Bus/Metro/Train routes you've set up

No More Purple Pollution [brown Grass] - Makes polluted grass brown instead of purple

Dynamic Resolution - Allows you to use DSR, which renders the game at a higher resolution than your monitor and downsamples it to give more accurate pixel colours (this requires a pretty good GPU, I can't really go above 1.5x with my 970)

Auto Line Color - Some handy automation relating to setting up public transit lines

Tree Brush - Paint trees onto the map instead of placing them individually

All 25 Areas Purchasable - Allows you to buy all areas of the map instead of just 9

Automatic Bulldoze - Automatically removes abandoned and burnt out buildings. This makes it impossible for ghettos to form though

Traffic++ (Zonable Pedestrian Paths) - Also adds roads with bus lanes - This is how I made the river path with shops in my screenshots

ChirpFilter - Hides in-game tweets that aren't relevant

No More Purple Pollution [brown Water] - Makes polluted water brown instead of purple

Sun Shafts - Adds a god rays effect

Ambient Occlusion - Better lighting (requires a decent video card)

I'd also recommend installing a colour correction mod, and a bunch of new assets for growable buildings to make your cities look a little more diverse.

What sets this apart from other city sims?

There just feels like there is more to do/build/take care of. I can't say that for certain as I haven't played that many before, though. It's just fun. Play eet.

I've started my project which I have dubbed Jimaica.

In fairness, there's no colon on the front cover, so...:p

Jimaica isn't going very well. I went with coal power as I thought wind wasn't going to give me enough output. We managed to run out of coal, so no power. A massive exit ensued and I promptly quit the game whilst my numbers dwindled.

• 8 months later...