NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I feel like the hype gifs need to come out on the 7 day stretch. Right now it still feels a touch too far away despite being oh so close. *salivates
200_s.gif

Worried that I'm getting Zelda from amazon but the console from Nintendo. What if one arrives but not the other? ;_;

Genuine worry for me so much so that I paid a slight premium to order it all straight from Nintendo.

I feel like the hype gifs need to come out on the 7 day stretch. Right now it still feels a touch too far away despite being oh so close. *salivates

Agree, the hype gifs need to start from Saturday

Genuine worry for me so much so that I paid a slight premium to order it all straight from Nintendo.

Nintendo have only let me down once, with Super Mario Maker. However that was more down to Hermes and they don't use them anymore.

Either you guys suck at hype gifs [im triple daring ya. Samuel L. aint got shit comin'], or im too early?

Im just working with what I have... Seven sizes and a few fonts. :blush::laughing:

Some GameStop thoughts on switch.

http://www.alistdaily.com/strategy/gamestop-nintendo-switch-pre-orders-attach-rate-higher-wii-u/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=alistdaily&utm_content=GameStop:%20Nintendo%20Switch%20Pre-Orders%27%20Attach%20Rate%20Higher%20Than%20Wii%20U

“The Q1 launch is one of the smartest moves Nintendo could have done,” Bright said. “Instead of pushing units out during the heaviest time of the year (in Q4), this allows them to build a base. So by holiday, we can focus on games. There will be millions of people who will be hungry for content, creating a richer development cycle for game publishers who will have an install base to support titles. This also will take some of the brunt off of Christmas and enable Switch to be better stocked at stores.”

"From our sales perspective, we’re seeing incredible demand. We’re pleased with the Switch attach rate. People are not just buying one game. They’re buying multiple games.” Bright added that Switch is enjoying a higher attach rate than Wii U, which included a pack-in game, although he wouldn’t specify numbers.

The attach rate comments are interesting. Launch time is when people are likely to buy multiple titles.

Not every game is to my tasting but the more games people buy the better.

Also as has been mentioned before maybe the wii u problem was on launch there were too many games available.

I think people are just excited about the switch while the wii u was just something extra from the wii era.

Edited by liger05

I don't think I like the Switch advert currently doing the rounds. The advert mentions that Legend of Zelda and the Switch itself are separate purchases but not that the controller you see is a separate purchase too. Then at the end where it says 'with anyone', I know that's general Switch marketing but the game they're advertising is single player...

Interesting GameStop comments.

The launch doesn't really feel smart to me, but I guess I just wanted MK 8 to play in handheld mode on my shiny new Switch straight away. :blush:

When I think about the 'launch window' titles though, they do seem to have a nice pacing as by end of May there will be a lot of releases that I am definitely going to be purchasing.

It'd still be nice to get some big third party titles announced though, even if they were games that have already been released on other consoles. I know there are no plans to bring RE:7 to Switch, but something of that nature would really help.

Some GameStop thoughts on switch.

http://www.alistdaily.com/strategy/gamestop-nintendo-switch-pre-orders-attach-rate-higher-wii-u/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=alistdaily&utm_content=GameStop:%20Nintendo%20Switch%20Pre-Orders%27%20Attach%20Rate%20Higher%20Than%20Wii%20U

The attach rate comments are interesting. Launch time is when people are likely to buy multiple titles.

Not every game is to my tasting but the more games people buy the better.

Also as has been mentioned before maybe the wii u problem was on launch there were too many games available.

I think people are just excited about the switch while the wii u was just something extra from the wii era.

Think people were never excited or interested in the Wii U and that's the hard truth.

Was a disaster day 1

I don't think I like the Switch advert currently doing the rounds. The advert mentions that Legend of Zelda and the Switch itself are separate purchases but not that the controller you see is a separate purchase too. Then at the end where it says 'with anyone', I know that's general Switch marketing but the game they're advertising is single player...

Splitting hairs much

Think people were never excited or interested in the Wii U and that's the hard truth.

Was a disaster day 1

True - even myself, when I got that thing in the post... I wasn't overwhelmed with that heart wrenching excitement, even my gf was puzzled... And thats because I was only going to be playing Nintendoland, NSMB and Sonic Transformed...

True - even myself, when I got that thing in the post... I wasn't overwhelmed with that heart wrenching excitement, even my gf was puzzled... And thats because I was only going to be playing Nintendoland, NSMB and Sonic Transformed...

Yeah playing it day 1 was such an anti climax. Such a disappointment

Agree, the hype gifs need to start from Saturday
SDiiSUD.gif

Also saw the ad. Really rooting for Nintendo here, even though im not getting a Switch right now.

After launch, whats the first big conference event like E3 where they can show new stuff?

SDiiSUD.gif

Also saw the ad. Really rooting for Nintendo here, even though im not getting a Switch right now.

After launch, whats the first big conference event like E3 where they can show new stuff?

They could do a Nintendo Direct at any time with reveals, but big stuff would probably be saved for E3

"Anytime, anywhere, all by yourself, you no-friend sod" isn't exactly the message I would use to advertise the thing.

To the adverts credit, at least it's using in-game footage.

I can't remember a PS4/XBONE ad that didn't have the disclaimer "Not in-game footage"

I find it amazing game ads get away with that.

"Anytime, anywhere, all by yourself, you no-friend sod" isn't exactly the message I would use to advertise the thing.

To the adverts credit, at least it's using in-game footage.

I can't remember a PS4/XBONE ad that didn't have the disclaimer "Not in-game footage"

They know that Zelda is selling this console... heck even my boss is thinking of getting one because he loved Zelda as a kid, and he hasn't owned a console since the Snes. All people like him need is a gentle reminder that it's out soon, and a glimpse of what makes the device worth it.

Also you need to pay more attention to recent PC/PS4/Xbox One trailers because I think you'll find what a lot of them these days actually say is Actual in-game footage, as a twist on that old disclaimer because in-game engine now looks good enough to sell games on.

Days Till Switch!

Ahhh see you say 9...

But how many of us are secretly hoping / thinking 8?!

Come on ShopTo!!

Ahhh see you say 9...

But how many of us are secretly hoping / thinking 8?!

Come on ShopTo!!

I wanna believe we will... But somethings telling me the embargoes are very tight this time around. In any case Im very happy with a Friday morning bang on the door...3rd and 6th off :bouncy:

Also you need to pay more attention to recent PC/PS4/Xbox One trailers because I think you'll find what a lot of them these days actually say is Actual in-game footage, as a twist on that old disclaimer because in-game engine now looks good enough to sell games on.

Well, I'll have to take your word for it, because I haven't seen one for a very long time.

Although I can't help but feel that the disclaimer "Actual in-game footage" only exists because of the prevalence of ads that show no game footage at all.

Which is a little bit sad.

Watch me see one today just because TV wants to spite me.

I wanna believe we will... But somethings telling me the embargoes are very tight this time around. In any case Im very happy with a Friday morning bang on the door...3rd and 6th off :bouncy:

Got my Wii U on the Thursday so my fingers are crossed, but I have no time off anyway (damn work holidays running out) so I guess it doesn't make much difference!

Next week will be a long one!

It's not about telling the truth, it's about reaching the demographic and activating them to vote.. err, buy!

It's their trump card and it's working ;)

I think I actualy invented the successor to godwinning; trumpwinning!

So I just checked and I can get a 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus memory card for £32.34. Meant to be £50.

I can 3 for 2 these so I can effectively get 3 for £64.68.

Happy to send 2 of them out to people on here if they want one for £21.56 (to be exact). :heh:

Just send fundage via PayPal to sort but let me know. Saves paying £50.

I'm trustworthy. Haha. @S\.C\.G will vouch for my trustworthy-ness with our past 3DS transaction ha.

Offers there but there's only 4 available to 'instant ship' from the CPW warehouse so I could only do this once unless more stock comes available.

There's lesser sizes I could do it on but I guess most people would want the max and 128gb is the most we do.

:)

So I just checked and I can get a 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus memory card for £32.34. Meant to be £50.

I can 3 for 2 these so I can effectively get 3 for £64.68.

Happy to send 2 of them out to people on here if they want one for £21.56 (to be exact). :heh:

Just send fundage via PayPal to sort but let me know. Saves paying £50.

I'm trustworthy. Haha. @S\.C\.G will vouch for my trustworthy-ness with our past 3DS transaction ha.

Offers there but there's only 4 available to 'instant ship' from the CPW warehouse so I could only do this once unless more stock comes available.

There's lesser sizes I could do it on but I guess most people would want the max and 128gb is the most we do.

:)

God, I'd so jump on that, if I wasn't already struggling to save up for a Switch.

Why must you torment me so!?