NEurope
nekunando

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

I put some more time into DriveClub last night. I spent a while trying to get 3 stars on a stage, before finally giving up. However, I have noticed I can achieve the platinum without pushing further into Tour mode and getting frustrated. I tried these methods last night and they work great, so I may just continue to play it that way.
Yeah, getting the platinum on Driveclub seems pretty straightforward actually, other than that broken trophy which you kindly helped me with the other day. :)

Just a case of grinding a bit for the level 50/accolade trophies.

After playing through Mario 64/DK64/Lego Batman I wanted a palate cleansing game. Something fun, relaxing and that would bring a sense of joy. I decided to dig into my Wii collection and I started playing Kirby's Epic Yarn. I hadn't played this since finishing it all those years ago and it was nice to revisit the game.

The game, like most Kirby games, is utterly charming. From the 80's style narration to the piano music used throughout the stages, all of these things make it an absolute joy to play.

I often find myself smiling as I double tap the direction button. Kirby turning into a car and then letting off a beep beep sound as you move is hilarious. His other animations are great as well. Whether he's using his yarn to skip or simply seeing him getting sleepy, each of these little acts bring a smile to my face.

I'm about 40% of the way through the game ( started on Sunday night ) and i'm looking forward to putting more time into the game.

I've been wanting to replay Kirby's Epic Yarn for quite a while too, such a sweet game. :love:

Anyway, with this month's PS+ titles being not so hot :hmm: I decided to check out the PSN Easter sale instead, and spotted Yakuza: Dead Souls on offer. Having absolutely loved Yakuza 4 earlier this year I was up for more Yakuza fun, and this game is certainly delivering. :D

It's a pretty big departure from the mainline Yakuza games (it's like a mash-up of Yakuza/Resi/THotD :heh:) and has some of the worst 3rd person shooting mechanics I've ever experienced, :laughing: but it's just so much fun. icon14.gif

I really love the characters and humour of the Yakuza series, it's fast becoming one of my favorite gaming franchises. :awesome: Looking forward to Yakuza 5 later this year, and hopefully the PS4 version of Ryū ga Gotoku 0 will get eventually be localised and released over here too.

Beat:

in January:____________

Resogun (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) started in 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Duck Tales: Remastered (PS3+)

Dark Souls II (PS3) started in 2014

The Swapper (PS4+)

in February:____________

InFAMOUS First Light (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) started in 2014

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

in March:____________

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4+)

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Wii) replay

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)

in April:____________

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) started in 2014

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Driveclub (PS4)

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

Unfinished:

MHbUwnT.gifYakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

I've been in a bit of a Super Smash Bros mood recently!

It's not a series that I've been overly into over the years but having unlocked all the characters in the 3DS and Wii U versions last week, I decided to go back to the game that started it all :hehe:

super-smash-bros-n64-cover-front-eu-31372.jpg

I actually bought the N64 version in CeX several years ago for £5 but I only ever played through the single player mode a couple of times and that was that :heh:

I've been playing through it on 'Normal' difficulty with all characters over the last few days.. but I still can't unlock Ness :blank:

I'm pretty sure I've obtained everything else in the game, and am actually enjoying it now that I'm getting into it, but it shows just how bad I am at Super Smash Bros that I can't get through it on 'Normal' with 3 lives without using a continue :red:

The closest I got was taking Master Hand down to around 30HP with Luigi before getting slammed into the distance.. but I haven't been anywhere as close since. Even if I do finally manage it, I fear I will end up losing to Ness anyway :indeed:

Game 3 for the month completed, Pokemon X. I enjoyed the mix of 'mon old and new, tried mixing my team with some favourites and new Pokemon. I ended up with 3 different generation starters and 3 other Pokemon from across the generations. Not a bad story to it, but saw the credits and got access to the final town.

Another one down!

Far Cry 4, Well I've completed the main campaign anyways, still a few bits and bobs to go for such as the hunting, racing basically the side quest stuff.

Have to say I really really enjoyed it despite the odd bug. And as I mentioned in the Far Cry 4 thread, I was due a trophy, once completed my missing trophy appeared anyways, so yay!

Pagan Min is one awesome enemy. Really enjoyed every exchange that was made over the radio when he contacted you. Just one cool, calm, suave mother fucker then like a light switch turns nuts. Really enjoyed the game and it's down to Pagan Min's character I think I enjoyed it so much.

Next up Never Alone.

Completed:

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

Thief (PS4)

Valiant Hearts (PS4)

Abe's Oddysee: New N Tasty (PS4)

Far Cry 4 (PS4)

Pagan Min is one awesome enemy. Really enjoyed every exchange that was made over the radio when he contacted you. Just one cool, calm, suave mother fucker then like a light switch turns nuts. Really enjoyed the game and it's down to Pagan Min's character I think I enjoyed it so much.

He's such a lovable antagonist. I found myself laughing during most of his banter during the game.

Plodding through Wind Waker still. Spent a while trying to work out where I'm supposed to go to get into the next two temples, but after two hours of wandering around, I have no idea...

Completed Tomb Raider last night. Loved it. See the TR thread for my final thoughts.

Started Majoras Mask. Didn't get very far before calling it a night but i'm very much looking forward to get stuck into it.

Put some more time into DriveClub last night. Man, it really starts taking an age to level up once you hit 25. I'll be happy once it's done and shelved TBH.

I've still been picking away at Kirby's Epic Yarn. It has such a nice pick up and place value. I love this game. :D

I just finished Snow Land last night, which has some amazing music.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Listening to this piece totally takes me Christmas morning. :yay:

One thing I love about the game is the boss fights. I do enjoy Kirby games but a lot of the time you fight the same bosses in every single game. In this one things get mixed up a bit. I especially liked the fight against Capamari.

Put some more time into DriveClub last night. Man, it really starts taking an age to level up once you hit 25. I'll be happy once it's done and shelved TBH.

Aw maaan, you not enjoying DriveClub?

Aw maaan, you not enjoying DriveClub?

Sadly, I am not. I just want my platinum and then I can be done with it.

What don't you like? The handling? It takes a lot of getting used to and it's got quite a steep learning curve in places. I'm not usually big on racers, but I find it hard to put this game down, I love it. :D

That's a shame. You're doing wonders for the N-E Club :grin:, we seem to level up with every progress update since you joined. :awesome:

What don't you like? The handling? It takes a lot of getting used to and it's got quite a steep learning curve in places. I'm not usually big on racers, but I find it hard to put this game down, I love it. :D

Mainly the difficulty. As I said earlier, i'm not good at driving games but I really enjoy playing them. The game doesn't cater to someone like myself, whereas something like Forza allows you to set things up like driving lines, assists or even just change the difficulty of the A.I.

That's a shame. You're doing wonders for the N-E Club :grin:, we seem to level up with every progress update since you joined. :awesome:

Gotta get the platinum. :D

Mainly the difficulty. As I said earlier, i'm not good at driving games but I really enjoy playing them. The game doesn't cater to someone like myself, whereas something like Forza allows you to set things up like driving lines, assists or even just change the difficulty of the A.I.

Gotta get the platinum. :D

Sorry to hear you don't like it. There are times where I find the difficulty to be quite brutal, but I think it's also about finding the right car for the right course. There's a lot of differences between any two cars and it's a case of just finding the right one. I struggled with Hyper Cars until I unlocked the McClaren P1, could barely finish the races let alone win them. Once I found that car, I've been able to win more races.

I'm gutted that i'm not going to platinum Tomb Raider. The multiplayer ones are just so unforgiving and just too difficult :(

I'm gutted that i'm not going to platinum Tomb Raider. The multiplayer ones are just so unforgiving and just too difficult :(

If you want them that badly you can easily boost them. I would help you out in an instant but I don't have the PS4 version.

If you want them that badly you can easily boost them. I would help you out in an instant but I don't have the PS4 version.

How would I boost them?

How would I boost them?

You need 2 players for most of them and 4 players for one of them.

Having looked at your trophies though, it appears you have missed the missable trophy in the campaign, which means you would have to start it all again.

You need 2 players for most of them and 4 players for one of them.

Having looked at your trophies though, it appears you have missed the missable trophy in the campaign, which means you would have to start it all again.

Yeah I really enjoyed it so I wouldn't mind going through it again. I should have checked the trophy list though before starting. Will know for next time.

I finished Bayonetta 2 yesterday. :)

I really enjoyed the game, like I did the first one. The over the top violence and "sexyness" make this game fun to play. :D

I forgot how long I spent on the first game, but this seemed quite short to me. And a lot easier (unless I just got so much better at it). In the first game I had to use Red Shot a few times, in this game I never used it (playing on normal difficulty).

In any case, I enjoyed the game and I could see them doing a third one at some point, which would be great. :)

Games played in 2015

Bayonetta

Hyrule Warriors

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Valiant Hearts

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Velocity 2X

Rogue Legacy

Cities:Skylines

Bayonetta 2

Edited by Eenuh

Well it has been a while since I updated this last, though I haven't actually beaten much...

I've played through Kirby's Adventure Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2 again! I'm not doing the Extra mode or the Green Stars right now though; those always sort of count as another game in my mind really - so I always save those for another play through.

So with that in mind...

Games I've beaten in 2015

Mario Golf Advance Tour

Golden Sun

Super Mario World

Layton VS Ace Attorney

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Kirby's Adventure Wii (100/200%)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (120 stars)

... Yeah... It's a short list... I've mostly been playing pick up and play stuff recently like the SEGA 3D Classics, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and multiplayer stuff like Mario Party 10 :p

I've also recently started Bravely Default (getting my arse kicked repeatedly!) and Majora's Mask 3D!

Edited by Dcubed

Kirby's Epic Yarn complete!

image_zpslt4oh1cl.jpg

I forgot just how many challenges there were to do to net the 100%. Still, they were fun to do and kept me smiling the whole way.

Not sure what to play next. I've got the urge to play through New Super Mario Bros Wii, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and Alien Isolation. Decisions, decisions....