NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Badge Arcade (eShop)

What disturbs me more though is that some badges just disappear after turning the system on again. My Mario got displayed a number of time, missing the bottom part on my homescreen. Anyone else got this problem?

Can't say I have had this issue, then again. I never turn my 3DS off.

Just had a browse through the Pokemon badges, see if there's any I'd want....

Some expected badges like Charizard, Greninja and Groudon, and some slightly expected ones like Heliolisk and Scrafty that might force me to pay up, still gonna try my best to cheese them out with free plays, of course. But if time gets tight, I might have no choice.

And then I saw this.

grumpig.png

Damn! They know just how to get me, huh?

More proof Ninty spies on me!

Can't say I have had this issue, then again. I never turn my 3DS off.

Just had a browse through the Pokemon badges, see if there's any I'd want....

Some expected badges like Charizard, Greninja and Groudon, and some slightly expected ones like Heliolisk and Scrafty that might force me to pay up, still gonna try my best to cheese them out with free plays, of course. But if time gets tight, I might have no choice.

And then I saw this.

grumpig.png

Damn! They know just how to get me, huh?

More proof Ninty spies on me!

Whelp! That's another £25 eShop voucher down the drain!

Whelp! That's another £25 eShop voucher down the drain!

Yeah I spent about that much cataloguing it for the site

Yeah I spent about that much cataloguing it for the site

Ah, but I am dismally bad at crane grabbers. Just getting one is terrifying.

Remember the first one where you get 5 free goes to get some Mario Sprite badges?

I got a grand total of 1.

Remember the first one where you get 5 free goes to get some Mario Sprite badges?

32.jpg

Don't worry, you have to be completely inept to not get Grumpig...

...oh...

:p

:P It's ok...I've had plenty of crane grabbing experience. I can help you out to get that Grumpig... Just don't judge me on how much I'll end up spending on Badge arcade myself! .__. You know me, take me to an arcade with crane grabbers and I'll be at them for ages.

:P It's ok...I've had plenty of crane grabbing experience. I can help you out to get that Grumpig... Just don't judge me on how much I'll end up spending on Badge arcade myself! .__. You know me, take me to an arcade with crane grabbers and I'll be at them for ages.

When we were kids, one of my sisters was an absolute beast at the crane games in the arcades.

We used to go to Blackpool a couple of times a year as a family. While me and one of my brothers were playing the likes of Final Fight, Hot Rod and Captain Commando, she would be cleaning house and grabbing teddies from the machines. We used to end up coming back from holiday with bin bags full of the things!

Anyway, tried this again this morning and only grabbed 6 dummy badges. I got zero bonus goes from them ( standard ) and my total wasn't enough to get a free try.

I'll have a look and see whats on offer tomorrow but I may just delete the thing. I doubt I will be able to nab any sets that I want without putting money into it, which is something I don't really want to do.

... one of my sisters...

...one of my brothers...

How many siblings do you have?

I'll have a look and see whats on offer tomorrow but I may just delete the thing. I doubt I will be able to nab any sets that I want without putting money into it, which is something I don't really want to do.

Have you spent any money on it already? I always ask myself how much I would have spent on a free to play game had it not been free. For this game I'd value it at a few quid so will probably end up spending that much (and no more)

Have you spent any money on it already? I always ask myself how much I would have spent on a free to play game had it not been free. For this game I'd value it at a few quid so will probably end up spending that much (and no more)

Nah. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. :D

I finally got a bonus dummy badge today! 2 free plays from that, plus another free play from collecting 10. :yay:

Managed to get a bunch of REAL gWiuXp6.png badges with those plays, bringing my total of REAL gWiuXp6.png badges up to 20, and I still haven't spent any REAL gWiuXp6.png money. :grin:

Haven't completed any sets though, with only 1 badge missing to do so on a few, but luckily I'm not a completionist so not fussed by that. :hehe:

Mwahahaha! Sorry Mr. Bunny. :heh:

He'll get the last laugh I'm sure...

WVW69ilUNiA2OLU3_e

Been absolutely loving this! I managed to snag about 15 free badges this morning (including a fair few doubles, but hey!) and my home menu is now thoroughly splatted!

Got a full Splatoon set with the 3 free tries, plus an extra 4 tries out of the practice machine (got another retro Mario set), so today was a good day. Compensates for yesterday, which was my first day without grabbing any free plays.

And nice job on posting your homescreen here @Mike, I love to see how everyone is using their badges!

No Pokémon for Europe, huh... I guess the US is about to get a Pokémon game and we're not, so it makes sense...

...They'd better not make us wait til February, though. :(

Awful practice catcher today, most of the free practice plays turned out to be a waste, I got three dummy badges, too me up to ten, one real go, tried for the "stopped in his tracks" Mario badge as it was the last day for it, didn't even grab it as it hit the side first. :(

Still... there's always tomorrow! : peace:

Not a single play purchased to date. ;)

I fell for the temptation of spending money. I wanted the Rosalina badge before it went away...I got it but alas every time I see it I know I fell into that temptation.

I fell for the temptation of spending money. I wanted the Rosalina badge before it went away...I got it but alas every time I see it I know I fell into that temptation.

I was close to the temptation, for a split-second but then I thought... nah! It's only an 8-bit Mario badge...

Wait until the Metroid badges get released though. :(

If Sega ever released one of these pieces of software as well, I'm almost certain I wouldn't be able to resist spending money. :indeed:

I was close to the temptation, for a split-second but then I thought... nah! It's only an 8-bit Mario badge...

Wait until the Metroid badges get released though. :(

If Sega ever released one of these pieces of software as well, I'm almost certain I wouldn't be able to resist spending money. :indeed:

It was the last day...I'm a Rosalina fan D8 I needed that badge. I'm not proud of falling for that temptation so easily.

8'D I hope there are Metroid badges <3 and Star Fox ones. LOL The temptation is hard to fight. XD You're lucky you were able to say no when that little thought slipped in.

It was the last day...I'm a Rosalina fan D8 I needed that badge. I'm not proud of falling for that temptation so easily.

8'D I hope there are Metroid badges <3 and Star Fox ones. LOL The temptation is hard to fight. XD You're lucky you were able to say no when that little thought slipped in.

I can understand wanting the badges, I'm not about to judge anyone for paying real money for them, especially if it's a badge of a character you're a really big fan of; so it's all good. : peace:

Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda Majora's Mask, F-Zero... all of those badges would almost push me to breaking point I'm sure. :indeed:

Then... if they start adding badges for consoles!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy!

... :blank:

I really need to stop giving Nintendo more ideas in how to seperate me from my money. :heh:

I can understand wanting the badges, I'm not about to judge anyone for paying real money for them, especially if it's a badge of a character you're a really big fan of; so it's all good. : peace:

Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda Majora's Mask, F-Zero... all of those badges would almost push me to breaking point I'm sure. :indeed:

I really need to stop giving Nintendo more ideas in how to seperate me from my money. :heh:

XD Gah well i'm glad i'm not getting judged for it. It's just the fact that the Badge center has only been out for such a short time and already temptation got the better of me.

Oh gosh all them badges...that urge to spend. Dear god wallets and banks will just cry. D8

Oh gosh XD I don't think Nintendo need an more ideas for that what so ever! You have to fight that temptation no matter how hard it is!

I have bolded the ones they have done in Japan...it's just a matter of time.

UpVMqGC.gif

I have bolded the ones they have done in Japan...it's just a matter of time.

UpVMqGC.gif

Noooooooooo! It... it can't be true! :shakehead

tumblr_ndizufuVkW1rkgihao4_500.gif