N-Europe

Devil May Cry 4 (not) to be ported to Revolution

DiemetriX

Acording to http://www.gamefront.de/

(babelfish translation)

New information to Devil May Cry 4

16.01.06 - Here new details are to Capcoms Devil May Cry 4 from the extra charge ' Famitsu Capcom of volume. 2' (thanks at VJdante).

- Dante control more maneuvers than in Devil May Cry 1, 2 and 3.

- producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi does not know the borders of the PlayStation3. But the quality of the real time diagram is to be at least on the stage, which was to be seen show and E3 in the material on the Tokyo Game.

- original wanted to make Kobayashi Devil May Cry 4 easier. But the fans expressed doubts that could repeat itself such a thing like Devil May Cry 2. Therefore Kobayashi changed its priorities: Instead of making the entire play easier, it wants to simplify the control now.

The control would have let fatigue the people in Devil May Cry 3 fast. But one is itself with plays to probably-feel, while the play mechanics are to be on the same level. It wants to make which changes controlly technical, it does not say.

- Director Hideaki Itsuno says that the fourth part like a strongly aufgemotzte version of Devil May Cry 3 is.

- if one next time which new to Devil May Cry 4 sees, one according to Itsuno the final Dante in real time will probably already see. Its exterior is already decided, it is to look among other things more cooler and older.

- the play is not to appear only for the PlayStation3, conversions for revolution or Xbox 360 is intended.

- the releases: TBA

Das Spiel soll nur für die PlayStation3 erscheinen, Umsetzungen für Revolution oder Xbox 360 sind nicht vorgesehen.

That is the german original

correctly translated:

"The game will only appear on Playstation 3, conversions for Revolution or Xbox 360 are not planned."

sony would pay a lot just to keep those exclusives tough....

And capcom and konami should make them pay as well. All that talk about PS2 had the the largest user base was pure rubbish, if you truly are trying to release to the largest userbase then you release on all 3 consoles.

More insulting was the fact that even with such pathetic excuses xbox was getting verions of these games as well.

Not to mention the ever refered to lack of online online?? So hold on!! We've gone from targetting 90 million users and decided to specifically create a game whose design means that at most we will get 2 million sales??

An oversimplification i know but im sure you see the point im making, that is most official excuses for ingoring gamecube were pathetic and made no sense

Ingnoring revolution is even worse if it truly is cheap to create games on there.

And capcom and konami should make them pay as well. All that talk about PS2 had the the largest user base was pure rubbish, if you truly are trying to release to the largest userbase then you release on all 3 consoles.

More insulting was the fact that even with such pathetic excuses xbox was getting verions of these games as well.

Not to mention the ever refered to lack of online online?? So hold on!! We've gone from targetting 90 million users and decided to specifically create a game whose design means that at most we will get 2 million sales??

An oversimplification i know but im sure you see the point im making, that is most official excuses for ingoring gamecube were pathetic and made no sense

Ingnoring revolution is even worse if it truly is cheap to create games on there.

I don't think that's oversimplification. I couldn't agree with you more.

But the GCN was the cheapest console to develop for also, so I don't see that as a deciding factor when developers make games, unfortunately.

The reason most devs ignored the cube was the cost to develop a game for a small minority. There would be no point if there were not going to make aprofit. Some people have to realise that there were actual reasons for ignoring the cube, not becuase they hate nintendo.

The reason most devs ignored the cube was the cost to develop a game for a small minority. There would be no point if there were not going to make aprofit. Some people have to realise that there were actual reasons for ignoring the cube, not becuase they hate nintendo.

Agreed. Why spent money when you can reach 80% of the user base with 2 consoles. I mean the Playstation 2 has more users and the Xbox was easier to develop for after all it is only Celeron derivate with a Geforce GPU. I would have done the same.

Agreed. Why spent money when you can reach 80% of the user base with 2 consoles. I mean the Playstation 2 has more users and the Xbox was easier to develop for after all it is only Celeron derivate with a Geforce GPU. I would have done the same.

Why spend money?? Because there are mulitplatform games where the cube version has outsold its counter parts. This is the real reason why i dont believe in the larger userbase reason.

Lets think about that the ps2 user base is 5 times larger they have a 90 million userbase to sell to yet the game outperformed it in a smaller market 19 milllion userbase market. I think its happened to sega game mostly not sure about any others, except RE4 though im not sure if that is still true.