NEurope
Murr

I Guess I Like Beer Alot...

I hardly drink. I had a pint of cider yesterday for the first time in..weeks? months? Don't even remember.

Would I say that having a can a day is a lot? Personally, I would say that it is. However, it really depends on a lot of factors. I'm trying to keep myself fit/in-shape, I'm quite active, so I don't tend to drink an awful lot for that reason.

If you're even making this thread, then deep down you must believe that it's somewhat, if only slightly, excessive. Maybe go a week without it and see how you get on. I wouldn't say that you're going way beyond your limit at all, but to me I couldn't drink every day.

A pint a day isnt going to do much if i'm being honest.

It may not, that's why I added that last bit about it probably not going way beyond your limit.

A pint a day isnt going to do much if i'm being honest.

I think it's about getting it into your system though. If I may say so, it sounds like @Murr isn't sure whether he could go without it or not.

Not that I want to be hypocritical though - I wouldn't want to go a day without caffeine/cola. It's just that I'd try to avoid getting so used to alcohol, personally.

Well I made this thread on Thursday 11th. I didn't have a drink Thursday night,

I had one Friday night as I was in the mentality of "Hey It's Friday"

Saturday I was in London with my wife and 4 friends for the deliberate reason of "getting on it" So had more than one.

Nothing Sunday, and I'm my office now typing this up, feeling knackered as I was up till 4am this morning watching WWE, but not in need of a drink. In need of going to bed heh.

Didn't get any beers with the food shop last night, so yeah.

Interesting to see other people's thoughts on it too and seeing how many of you are either not drinking much at all, or a few that enjoy a tipple most nights.

It's a shitty mentality and will probably catch up to me, but I tend to write December off from 20th through to the new year and see it as a free pass to eat and drink what I like. Well certainly since I was 18 anyways.

13 days, no alcohol. Not so difficult :heh: And that's with 2 crates of beer in the garage at home. I'm going to go through till the 29th January without it.

I would have gone for the whole month, but off to Prague on 29th for a stag do, and while I guess I could not drink over there, I guess given the occasion it's probably going to happen.

13 days, no alcohol. Not so difficult :heh: And that's with 2 crates of beer in the garage at home. I'm going to go through till the 29th January without it.

I would have gone for the whole month, but off to Prague on 29th for a stag do, and while I guess I could not drink over there, I guess given the occasion it's probably going to happen.

can you imagine the abuse you'll get on a stag do, not drinking? there no excuse not to drink

That's pretty good! Do you feel any different? Any withdrawal symptoms?

That's pretty good! Do you feel any different? Any withdrawal symptoms?

Not really to be honest no. Nothing's substituted it either which I guess is a good thing. Not like i'm scoffing chocolate or coffee to make up for it.

I'd say a can a day is fine as its paced out. And as you said, you can go without it if you need to.

I worry about it sometimes, especially the last year or so. I'll have a full drunken evening about once a week with different friends and sometimes when I'm at home alone getting into a game or having a skype call I'll have a couple. I have been cutting back more the last month or so, mainly because when I was doing the recycling I noticed how much I'd got through. I also have my ups and downs with anxiety which I'm sure I've spouted on here many times, and my anxiety always feels worse after a night of drinking, so I'm cutting back for my own sanity.

I'm doing a bit of a cut-down/cut-out for January, though I only started on this week really(was cousin's birthday Saturday so wanted to drink at that). I don't have any withdrawal when I stop drinking though I do miss it, and that's a bit annoying. I've decided to be that guy who buys the supermarket's basics for now, it's still drinking I guess but at 2% and presumed tolerance I'm not really classing it as that much. Was gonna get some of the brand low/non-alcohol beer but pricewise I wasn't happy paying that for no alcohol :p

I find drinking less makes when I do drink much more enjoyable. It's never been a go-to and I'd never want it to be, to be honest.

I'm not great around drunk or tipsy people when I'm sober.

8HF4yPF.png

If I want to really unwind I smoke. Probably do this once every couple weeks at most. Probably more once a month. I wouldn't want that mto become routine, either.

OFF TOPIC: I've also cut out all fruit juice because there's so much sugar in them.