NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Playstation Experience 6th-7th Dec

Figured I would post a thread for the event. The Gaf thread has already gone nuclear in terms of hype and figured we could join the party over here.

B3o_2ohIIAAO-XK.jpg:large

Here's a list of supposedly confirmed stuff that I nicked from Gaf.

Uncharted 4

Bloodborne

The Order 1886

Ratchet and Clank Redux

Tearaway Unfolded

No Mans Sky

Hotline Miami 2

The Talos Principle

Titan Souls

Not A Hero

Broforce

[REDACTED]

Metal Gear Online

Metal Gear TPP

Grim Fandango Remaster

RESOGUN's last expansion pack

Batman: Arkham Knight

Until Dawn

MLB15 The Show

Battlefield Hardline

Mortal Kombat

RIME

MilitAnt

Neptune Interactive Castle Game

Relativity

Tinertia

EMAGON

Project Morpheus

Project Morpheus related games

Square game

Fun Bits game

David Jaffe/Bartlet Jones game

Capcom game

Level 5 RPG

CyberConnect2 game

A return of an old IP

TLOU annoucment

Plenty of speculation going around as to what will be shown at the event. Everything from Final Fantasy VII Remake to Shenmue returning has been predicted.

I imagine plenty of new trailers and hands on with various games will be posted over the course of the weekend.

What's everyone looking forward to? Any predictions?

I'm hoping to see a lot more of The Order. I want to like the game, I mean it's a Gears of War style shooter, but so far all i've seen of the game looks pretty meh.

I would obviously love a FFVII remake/reboot but I just don't see that happening. S-E can't even get FFXV out the door, never mind adding another game to the list.

Many have speculated Crash may make a return to the Sony platform, but with Naughty Dog out of the picture, just how good could a Crash game be?

Speaking of Naughty Dog, dat Uncharted 4 goodness! :yay::bowdown:

Oh cool. I would love them to make a sequel to one of the Final Fantasy PS1 titles rather than a remake. Made in the same style.

I want to see more No Man's Sky and the new Level 5 RPG. Also Bloodborne!

I think I remember reading that Atlus will be there? In which case, I'm holding my breath for one possible showing....

I want to see more No Man's Sky and the new Level 5 RPG. Also Bloodborne!

I wonder if it will be a Ni No Kuni sequel or another entry in the Dark Cloud series? I would take either.

Still not too fussed about Bloodborne as I have yet to play any of the Souls games. Shocking, I know. :(

St reet Fighter becomes Playstation Xclusive. I feelz it.

Ono is certainly teasing/trolling such an announcement. Would be a biggie if true.

All about No Man's Sky for me. Hopefully we'll get a ball park release date soon.

If a load of new games/trailers get shown then that'll be all well and good but, isn't anyone else running out of space to store all of these installed games?

Personally if Sony announced an official hard drive with a capacity of say... 3TB? At a reasonable price that runs off the power of the machine and sits neatly alongside it then I'd be more than happy to buy one because I'm going to need a lot more space than the 72GB I have left, I'm sure I'm not the only one?

Yes I know you can upgrade it internally and it's supposed to be easy etc but it would be nice to have options no? : peace:

Otherwise I think I'm just going to go nuts and start deleting certain 'unplayed' games because I just quite simply won't have the space otherwise and this should not be, it was a complete oversight releasing the machine with just 500GB in the first place, aside from that I'm actually really happy with the machine so bring on the games! :D

If a load of new games/trailers get shown then that'll be all well and good but, isn't anyone else running out of space to store all of these installed games?

Personally if Sony announced an official hard drive with a capacity of say... 3TB? At a reasonable price that runs off the power of the machine and sits neatly alongside it then I'd be more than happy to buy one because I'm going to need a lot more space than the 72GB I have left, I'm sure I'm not the only one?

Yes I know you can upgrade it internally and it's supposed to be easy etc but it would be nice to have options no? : peace:

Otherwise I think I'm just going to go nuts and start deleting certain 'unplayed' games because I just quite simply won't have the space otherwise and this should not be, it was a complete oversight releasing the machine with just 500GB in the first place, aside from that I'm actually really happy with the machine so bring on the games! :D

You can upgrade the hdd. Same as the PS3. Its much superior to the WiiU and Xbox One method of doing things. Which is messier for organisation and slower performance wise.

Man, the PS4 way of doing it couldn't be easier. No clutter on the floor and fastest possible speeds. They shouldn't go offering worse options that don't benefit anyone.

Fair enough then, I'll have a serious look into it in the new year, what's the maximum size hard drive you can format for a PS4 in any case? I was thinking of going with at least 2TB to make it worthwhile.

Possibly more depending on how many games get announced at this conference. :indeed:

I should probably think about getting a bigger HDD, but I have no idea how to go about replacing the old one?

I got an invite to this event from no mans sky for being one of the first people to sign up to the news letter or something. Wish I had kept that email now surely a ticket to America cant be that expensive in December! :D

Fair enough then, I'll have a serious look into it in the new year, what's the maximum size hard drive you can format for a PS4 in any case? I was thinking of going with at least 2TB to make it worthwhile.

Possibly more depending on how many games get announced at this conference. :indeed:

Samsung have one good 2TB drive. There is a 3tb but i think it might be on the slow side.

Speed wise you have to compromise on size. 7,200 rpm drives are good value and give a small boost. SSD imo isnt worth it unless you are rich.

Personally I'm hoping to see emulated PS1 and PS2 classics (upresed to HD) come to PS4 and of course the usual hope for TLG to finally resurface...

Otherwise, GOW3/GOWAscension PS4 (you're not getting much more out of Santa Monica anytime soon), a new Vib Ribbon, Parapper or revival of any of their long lost PS1 IPs would be nice to see :)

Not holding my breath for much in particular though (though I do reckon that the PS1/PS2 classics on PS4 have a good shot at being here!)

Edited by Dcubed

Noooo....will miss the conference :(

Looking forward to catching up on Monday : peace:

Hope we'll get more information about No Man's Sky. Still my most anticipated game ever.

(though I do reckon that the PS1/PS2 classics on PS4 have a good shot at being here!)

Not while they are still trying to push Playstation Now

Not while they are still trying to push Playstation Now

PS1 games are easy enough to emulate that streaming them is unnecessary and the PS3 emulation of PS2 titles is both woeful and lacking in quantity as a result; so for the sake of PS Now's future, they'll come to PS4 eventually anyway (plus in the long run, switching from PS3s to PS4s in their PS Now servers will be cheaper as the hardware can scale up/down and is made from mostly off-the-shelf parts).

They don't want to emulate them, they want to either remaster them and charge you £20 or let you rent them in a Now subscription.

Also by not bringing PS1 titles to PS4 (something most people probably don't care about anyway) they are creating a differentiation/reason to buy the Vita.

Sign in to follow this