NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Bayonetta 2 Direct Thread

tumblr_nb2wlt4iXF1r058v3o1_250.gif

I figured I would create this thread for those who want to watch and discuss freely what is shown on the direct tonight. It saves putting spoiler tags in the other thread.

One hour to go.

Link to Direct

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Half watching.

Thought it was on last night, wondered why no one was talking about it.

I'm already pretty certain this isn't really for me, not least because the lead character doesn't appear to be particularly likeable :hmm:

Nothing really spoilery so far, just explaining the gameplay, really.

Just a note of interest I noticed on the website - Bayonetta is an 18, Bayonetta 2 only a 16 rating - Nintendo making it less violent/more kiddy confirmed???? :p

Not sure if I should watch this. Don't want to spoil too much of the game.

Missed the end, did they confirm what's going on with Bayonetta 1 and digital copies? I heard the eShop being mentioned.

Missed the end, did they confirm what's going on with Bayonetta 1 and digital copies? I heard the eShop being mentioned.

If you buy one, you get a discount on the other.

Dat Starfox outfit. I guess Platinum finally got to work on Starfox then. :D

Love the art book special edition. The downside is that it appears the only way to get a boxed copy of the original game is with it having that stupid age rating plastered all over the front. :(

A 100% discount... right?

It works out at the same price. Actually it's a whole 1c cheaper on eShop. :heh:

Love the art book special edition. The downside is that it appears the only way to get a boxed copy of the original game is with it having that stupid age rating plastered all over the front. :(

Still though, boxed copies of both games! :D

I was only expecting two discs in one box at best but this has definitely piqued my interest in getting the very limited special edition. : peace:

Decent direct a bit strange... Gutted there was no surprise demo. Or download bayonetta 1 now if you buy 2.... Can't wait though!

Can I have a non-spoilery summary please?

Basically, release date. Limited edition thingy details, what's happening with Bayo 1 with Bayo 2 physical/digital etc.

Can I have a non-spoilery summary please?

Basically, release date. Limited edition thingy details, what's happening with Bayo 1 with Bayo 2 physical/digital etc.

Bayonetta 2

October 24th 2014

Three versions...

Limited Edition that comes in a book from the game containing artwork and boxed copies of both games

Special Edition that contains both games but presumably in the same case

Digital eShop versions with discounts for one when you buy the other

: peace:

BwuPYhrIQAAUuXx.png:large

Dem German age ratings.

* shakes angry fist*

I wonder if that edition will be exclusive to the Nintendo store?

Thoroughly enjoyed that direct. The special edition shall be mine once the Nintendo Store has updated itself with it and Nintendo can take more of my money...lol

In regards to the age rating between the two games...does it really matter? With the age rating at 16 for Bayonetta 2 just opens up your audience a bit more in my opinion.

Was also holding out for Bayonetta to be announced in Brawl...that would of been awesome but it was a Platinum Games Direct.. Here's hoping for Smash Bros 5 for her.

(On an off-topic when did amiibo's become available for pre-order and priced at £10.99 on the Nintendo UK store website...lol..did not notice that.)

Edited by Spiritgold

I wonder if that edition will be exclusive to the Nintendo store?

If it is, then it may as well not exist.

If that special edition is exclusive to Game then they can fuck off. I wants it but I'm not shopping there. Come oooon Amazon.