NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Crap results with Chelsea scraping a 1-0 win in the last minute after Barry was just sent off for Everton.

United unconvincng again. What would have happened if that injury didn't happen early when Smalling had to come on? 2 set piece headers from Smalling and a penalty. Not great from an attacking sense. Did Rooney have a shot on target tonight? He hadn't had one in 2015 before tonight. He's out of my fantasy football team after that, he's cost me dearly and been captain a lot of the time as well.

Satisfying after City grabbed the last minute equaliser the other day. Maintain dat lead.

Lampard hailed for classy gesture

FranklampardGoodbye_large.jpg

Stoke boss Mark Hughes has hailed the “class” of Frank Lampard after the former England man swapped shirts with Potters teenager Oliver Shenton this week.

Shenton, 17, made his Barclays Premier League debut as a late substitute in Wednesday night’s 4-1 defeat to Manchester City at the Britannia Stadium only two days after his mother’s funeral.

City midfielder Lampard, who lost his own mother in 2008, sought out fellow midfielder Shenton after the game to have a chat and trade shirts.

[TWEET]566182564059025408[/TWEET]

And Hughes said on Friday of the incident: “That is a great touch.

“Obviously Frank has lost close family members as well and maybe that resonated with Frank. I think that shows his class.”

Hughes also expressed his pride at the way Shenton has conducted himself, and emphasised that the youngster was involved in Wednesday’s game on merit.

“He has shown a lot of maturity,” Hughes said.

“Obviously it is a difficult time for him and his family, but my thinking behind trying to get him on the pitch wasn’t born out of sentiment, it was because he deserved the chance, because he is a good pro – a young player we have high hopes for.

“We were a little bit light due to injuries and he was there on merit. For his progression and development I thought it was a good opportunity, as the game had got away from us, to get him on.

“It is credit to him that he has been able to come through a really tough period for himself and his family and was still fully engaged with the game and was desperate to get on.

“We are very proud of him. If he keeps progressing as a football player and a person, he is going to have a long career here.”

Hughes was speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup fifth-round away clash with Sky Bet Championship outfit Blackburn, and confirmed Shenton would be part of the matchday squad.

Shenton has made a total of two senior Stoke appearances, the other coming in the Capital One Cup earlier this season, again as a substitute.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/lampard-hailed-for-classy-gesture-662153.html

Nice to know they're not all d1ckheads. I may not like Chelsea but I always respected Frank Lampard. He just went up a further notch in my estimation.

Edited by Wii
missing italics

Onto the quarters. I've got a mates wedding on the weekend of the next round, could be the first home game I've missed in a number of years.

FA Cup Draw

Liverpool v Blackburn

Bradford v Reading

Man United/Preston v Arsenal

Aston Villa v West Brom

Welp, if we had a easy run till now, this could well be our big test.

FA Cup Draw

Liverpool v Blackburn

Bradford v Reading

Man United/Preston v Arsenal

Aston Villa v West Brom

Welp, if we had a easy run till now, this could well be our big test.

Ya, Preston are in the play-off spots in League One. The other yolks I wouldn't worry about.

Well, a date at Old Trafford. Was hoping Preston could at least force a replay.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

No replays in fifth round, I thought? Anyway it doesn't matter now.

No replays in fifth round, I thought? Anyway it doesn't matter now.

Only the Semi and the Final don't have replays.

The BBC and BT can fuck off. Why is Man Utd v Arsenal a Monday night game? There's no trains back to London after the kick off, so 7,500-9,000 travelling Arsenal fans are left in the shit trying to organise travel on a school night. Not to mention however many Utd fans travel up from the south (lol all of them).

Sunday was the only day I could have got to because I'm at a wedding the Saturday. Monday night is just not do-able with work.

You get the pundits, FA and clubs complaining about the cup losing it's importance, stadiums half empty etc. The people in power do not give a toss about match going fans any more. You tv lot though, they love you.

Only the Semi and the Final don't have replays.

The BBC and BT can fuck off. Why is Man Utd v Arsenal a Monday night game? There's no trains back to London after the kick off, so 7,500-9,000 travelling Arsenal fans are left in the shit trying to organise travel on a school night. Not to mention however many Utd fans travel up from the south (lol all of them).

Sunday was the only day I could have got to because I'm at a wedding the Saturday. Monday night is just not do-able with work.

You get the pundits, FA and clubs complaining about the cup losing it's importance, stadiums half empty etc. The people in power do not give a toss about match going fans any more. You tv lot though, they love you.

It is very stupid and there isn't really any need for it. Should be a Saturday or Sunday kick-off. I remember a while back that there was all of this talk about making the League Cup more exciting and on par with the FA Cup. The gap between the FA Cup and League Cup is much smaller now only because the importance has been diminished, even if that is slightly.

(Our initial game against Cambridge was 7:55pm on a Friday - couldn't even pick a worse time, tbh)

It is very stupid and there isn't really any need for it. Should be a Saturday or Sunday kick-off. I remember a while back that there was all of this talk about making the League Cup more exciting and on par with the FA Cup. The gap between the FA Cup and League Cup is much smaller now only because the importance has been diminished, even if that is slightly.

(Our initial game against Cambridge was 7:55pm on a Friday - couldn't even pick a worse time, tbh)

That was equally stupid! If I remember correctly there were no trains for United fans to get home on. I read a brilliant piece by a United support group about a coach a guy ran for every away game and how of his 50 regulars only 20 or so could guarantee they'd be able to make the coach departure time obviously with work commitments and what not. Ridiculous.

They've got Villa v West Brom, 3 miles apart their two stadiums. Put that on the Monday night if they have to.

What a game last night in the Europa League at Celtic Park. Atmosphere sounded fantastic, I'm a few miles away and could hear it out my window.

Shame after Gordon's heroics in the group stages he made a couple of mistakes but credit to the lads for pulling it back from 2-0 down.

Were we fortunate to win today? Maybe so, but then it's not Arsenals fault if the officials had a bad game, up into 3rd and I hope we can stay there.

Were we fortunate to win today? Maybe so, but then it's not Arsenals fault if the officials had a bad game, up into 3rd and I hope we can stay there.

Was at the game. Only decision the officials got wrong were in Palace's favour..

And your "penalty"...? Lucky goons again....

I believe when a player is fouled in the 18 yard box it's a penalty.

Oh the irony...

How? Because we fight until the last kick? We got no dodgy decisions or any teams who should've scored against us!

We were awful though. In all honesty I've never been that impressed with us this season. Half a dozen great performances, but generally really disappointing. And Ryan mason... the most overrated player we have. I think he's awful, but spurs fans seem to love him!

Not really a Liverpool fan but I've somehow ended up watching every one of their games since the 3-0 defeat to United at the end of last year. I only have time to watch one match a week so I've basically just decided to watch their games..can I claim to be their lucky charm?

Seriously though, the race for the top 4 is going to be ridiculously od. I think Arsenal are safe but United and Liverpool will be incredibly close. Spurs have a pretty good run in too..Southampton? They seem to have a hit a wall recently, like they did before Christmas before they went on a run.

I'm going to say Arsenal and Liverpool will scrape through, with United 5th. I put a fiver on that being the finishing order back when United beat Liverpool 3-0 and the odds were 75-1 so I've got my fingers crossed!

[sPOTIFY][/sPOTIFY]

How? Because we fight until the last kick? We got no dodgy decisions or any teams who should've scored against us!

We were awful though. In all honesty I've never been that impressed with us this season. Half a dozen great performances, but generally really disappointing. And Ryan mason... the most overrated player we have. I think he's awful, but spurs fans seem to love him!

Kane dived mate. Take the blinkers off.

Not really a Liverpool fan but I've somehow ended up watching every one of their games since the 3-0 defeat to United at the end of last year. I only have time to watch one match a week so I've basically just decided to watch their games..can I claim to be their lucky charm?

Seriously though, the race for the top 4 is going to be ridiculously od. I think Arsenal are safe but United and Liverpool will be incredibly close. Spurs have a pretty good run in too..Southampton? They seem to have a hit a wall recently, like they did before Christmas before they went on a run.

I'm going to say Arsenal and Liverpool will scrape through, with United 5th. I put a fiver on that being the finishing order back when United beat Liverpool 3-0 and the odds were 75-1 so I've got my fingers crossed!

It was a hard game for us yesterday. Southampton battered us for the best part of the game. The ref had a bit of a mare as well, with pen shouts for both teams being dismissed. I was a bit nervous when I seen Lovren was starting. :D

I'm happy we got the 3 points and kept another clean sheet. There's still work to be done but we have improved massively since the start of the season. The big test comes on Sunday though. City will be full of confidence after battering the Toon.

It was a hard game for us yesterday. Southampton battered us for the best part of the game. The ref had a bit of a mare as well, with pen shouts for both teams being dismissed. I was a bit nervous when I seen Lovren was starting. :D

I'm happy we got the 3 points and kept another clean sheet. There's still work to be done but we have improved massively since the start of the season. The big test comes on Sunday though. City will be full of confidence after battering the Toon.

I think a draw is doable for Liverpool and it would be a good result tbh. I can see City getting a better result against United, even if the game is at OT. Hopefully they won't be too tired after their midweek game.

Whilst Rodgers didn't buy any stand out player to replace Saurez, he's definitely improved the depth of the squad. The fact that he can rotate Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic and Sterling is pretty damn scary.

Liverpool very lucky not to have two sent off, Can and Mignolet. The latter possibly harsh but they've been given and his hands were in the air regardless if it comes off the chest first.

The Sterling pen is a awkward one because the defender does get the ball but it's more of an after thought and with the trailing leg. Both teams should have had penalties in my opinion.