Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Splatoon

Retro_Link

I don't know. It's even that article, they seem so unimaginative with such a simple perspective on things all the time. They never seem to really get under with anything or surprise you with an opinion or thought. So big standard. The videos are really bad though, but it could be more to do with that Alex guy... Watch them. Be interested to know what people think.

I wish there were more Nintendo podcasts. Enjoy IGN and nwr.

I love these two so much and wish there were more like them. RFN is God tier podcasting.

Personally, I can't stand the GameXplain guys, especially Andre. I find his voice sooo irritating. Luckily I don't watch most of their stuff, as I like to keep things in games a surprise, rather than sit there and watch/listen to someone over analyse something.

Personally, I can't stand the GameXplain guys, especially Andre. I find his voice sooo irritating.
The most annoying thing about them is how they reckon everything is a secret and that they're discovering all this hidden stuff. :indeed:

Err... no. Anyone that's even remotely with it can clearly see everything that you're pointing out. :heh:

I don't think that's fair, Gamexplain do some amazing work. The level of detail in their analysis is top notch.

I wish IGN had never gotten rid of Keza or Colin, those two are some of the best, smartest journalists (if that's the right term) in the industry. I don't think Altano adds that much to NVC except occasional humour.

I wish IGN had never gotten rid of Keza or Colin, those two are some of the best, smartest journalists (if that's the right term) in the industry. I don't think Altano adds that much to NVC except occasional humour.

I LOVE Altano. I find him hilarious and he has a real passion for Nintendo but isn't afraid of calling them out on stuff. I also enjoy his banter on Beyond as well.

Splatoon Nintendo Direct Predictions & Rumors - Discussion

@Hero\-of\-Time You should enjoy this. :heh:

I hope this is a good Direct. I don't want to see Day 1 paid DLC. I can just see Nintendo doing that with the shop already in the game and technically they already are by the mere inclusion of amiibo.

And I don't want to see much focus on amiibo. Like arcade games only being unlockable through amiibo.

Splatoon Direct is 33 minutes long.

Any final predictions? I said a long time ago that there will be a demo and I still believe it'll happen.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/wii-u/splatoon/splatoon-wii-u-console-bundles.list?utm_source=2015May07-Splatoon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2015May07-Splatoon&affil=thgemail

11117567-1204292716940286.jpg

I'm watching the American feed and the narration is complete cringe.

The game seems very childish in parts. Cats vs Dogs?

And I was right about the demo.

I can promise you 100% that leak is fake.

Once again you've been proven wrong. :heh:

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Erm no. That leak wasn't legit.

Just because they said "There's a demo" and there was a demo doesn't make it legit.

You said 100%. You claimed to have insider knowledge and once again ended up with ink on your face. :laughing:

You said 100%. You claimed to have insider knowledge and once again ended up with ink on your face. :laughing:

I didn't say 100% of the leak was fake. I said that I was 100% sure that leak is fake.

Learn the English language, dumbass

Learn some manners and some of the leak was real.

You seem to not understand how leaks work. Leaks are either real, or they aren't. People can't leak and get some stuff right but other wrong for it to be a legit leak.

There are guesses based on what we knew and what is likely. That doesn't make it a legit leak.

Learn some manners and some of the leak was real.

True, but if I said splatoon was releasing May 8th as a surprise, and also said a demo would be made available after the direct, would the leak be real? before the leak I guessed (and I am sure many others did too) that a demo may have been announced. tbh I was hoping for a more comprehensive demo with a glimpse of the single player mode, but 1 or 2 hours of online hands on will have to suffice I guess!

Point being guessing a few likely features doesn't make a leak, it makes an educated guess. The incorrect parts prove it wasn't a leak.

Edited by Pestneb

true, but if I said splatoon was releasing May 8th as a surprise, and also said a demo would be made available after the direct, would the leak be real? before the leak I guessed (and I am sure many others did too) that a demo may have been announced. tbh I was hoping for a more comprehensive demo with a glimpse of the single player mode, but 1 or 2 hours of online hands on will have to suffice I guess!

Don't mind him, I'm just pulling his leg. People can get leaks from various sources and lump them all in together with some proving real and some fake. It was from 4chan so it probably was all made up.

As such, I am expelling myself from this thread and the Splatoon thread so as to try and keep harmony.

Doing your usual wonders for your credibility, I see...

Learn the English language, dumbass

Keep resorting to such petty and rude name calling and you'll get a warning. Be glad I'm not forcefully keeping you out of the threads with a ban right now.

Warning issued for consistency.

Edited by Rummy

Doing your usual wonders for your credibility, I see...

Keep resorting to such petty and rude name calling and you'll get a warning. Be glad I'm not forcefully keeping you out of the threads with a ban right now.

Nice impartiality you have there. No wonder @Wii has run amok on this forum, continually shitting up threads with his crap (as seen this morning in the Nintendo theme park thread, among countless others over the last months) when you, and the rest of the staff, are just enabling him and threatening the users who try to stop his bull rather than dealing with the actual issue.

Go ahead and ban me if you wish, but you're just proving my point.

Edited by Serebii

Because throwing direct insults around is definitely the way to resolve such issues.

Also, I'll remind you that aren't wholly aware of what punishments are meted out by the mods and admins. If you wanna continue this discussion, feel free to do it in PM or my visitor wall if you want it to remain in the more public domain, but not in this thread.

EDIT: For those who don't consider it - calling for us to be harsher on particular members or issues inevitably means being harsher across the board - so be careful what it is that you wish for. I'll happily enforce, but I'll do it consistently.

Edited by Rummy

I am just sad that the free game info was false, now I am not going to buy Splatoon for quite some time. I have only Mario and Luigi games (as it came in the bundle) and can't really afford to spend 40 euros on a game right now, but for two games I would have managed to do something about it. Now I have to wait for some other games to go on sale on e-shop (like ZombieU, or Captain Toad as the RRP aren't that high, so a sale could tempt me to buy it, especially ZombieU).

Nice impartiality you have there. No wonder @Wii has run amok on this forum, continually shitting up threads with his crap (as seen this morning in the Nintendo theme park thread, among countless others over the last months) when you, and the rest of the staff, are just enabling him and threatening the users who try to stop his bull rather than dealing with the actual issue.

Your thread title was and is a lie. There's a huge difference in what the story entails and and a Nintendo Land theme park. And you said you did for "click bait".

I got a ridiculous infraction. I wouldn't be surprised if you made the complaint. It was meant in jest. I said so a couple of posts later that I was pulling your leg but you do claim to know stuff when you don't. What was your insider knowledge supposed to be over in the Splatoon Direct thread? Did it amount to anything?

Splatoon - Global Testfire Demo! (Wii U)

Splatoon - Join the Turf War! (Wii U)

There's plenty of people bad mouthing some aspects of the Direct today. Do you see me over there "shitting it up" as you put it? No. Sure I'm not happy about all of it but then that's common with a lot of what Nintendo do, you'll not get every aspect the way you'd like it. I'm still getting it, and if I wanted but can't be bothered I'd be within my rights to critique something I've paid for.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Oh come on @Wii the "leak" was bullshit. Serebii was right. You know it. I don't mind you fighting your corner on your opinions, but this is clearly just baiting serebii and putting people (probably) off actually coming in here and posting about this incredible game!

Video: Nintendo of America's Splatoon TV Commercial Attempts to Introduce a Theme Song

Coming for ya, Taylor Swift

When it comes down to marketing styles, the gap between Europe and North America continues to widen. Nintendo of America's approach to selling Splatoon has been heavily focused on young gamers, in particular, while it's slightly more neutral in the EU so far. With a game that colourful, to be fair, targeting a young audience does have its merits.

The latest TV commercial for North America goes further, though, introducing a cheesy new theme song. It's not from the game - which is a pity as its music seems awesome - but sounds straight out of a Disney kids' show. It has lyrics that are pretty darn simplistic, too:

"Splatoon's a game / Splatoon is here"

"Come on and... *minor fit of post-production effects...* Splatooooooon"

Well, we're not sure about this, but perhaps we're just jaded old cynics. Check it out below and let us know what you think.

Wii U - Splatoon "Splat The World" TV Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynGf9-T1UA

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/video_nintendo_of_americas_splatoon_tv_commercial_attempts_to_introduce_a_theme_song

I watched the US feed and can attest that it was awful to watch because of the American narrator. Definitely agree with this article that they're aiming for a very young demographic.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Some people who have downloaded the demo have discovered that the full manual is in it. Some info from it:

- Colour Lock. Which lets you lock the game to two ink colours (for colourblind people).

- 1v1 Battle Dojo supports Classic Controller (Pro).

Looks like I don't need to buy a new controller for that mode.

Your gear has special abilities. Gear starts off with a "base ability" and you unlock extra abilities by taking part in online battles.

Increase your level to access new gear.

- Regular Battle (has a "join friends" feature)

- Ranked Battle (earn money and experience)

In singleplayer, you collect "Power Eggs". These can be used to upgrade your equipment.

- A "sunken scroll" hidden in each level.

- You need to have completed a level in singleplayer before you can play the Amiibo challenge version of it.

Edited by Cube

Oh come on @Wii the "leak" was bullshit. Serebii was right. You know it. I don't mind you fighting your corner on your opinions, but this is clearly just baiting serebii and putting people (probably) off actually coming in here and posting about this incredible game!

I think we all really knew that leak was BS but it had some interesting points. Many sites posted it and used it as a basis for discussion. GameXplain video above, as an example. Serebii does this all the time, well maybe that's a bit strong, but he does claim to know so much more than us, is quite pretentious about it and it usually amounts to nothing with next to no sources. His statement that he 100% knew it was wrong implied he had the inside track, just as he did this morning in the Splatoon Direct thread which as usual amounted to nothing. I think the Simpsons gif he posted was quite appropriate.

tumblr_l6vzjdp3Ab1qc073co1_400.gif

Why even a new thread was created was also silly. We've managed before with Directs in other games without a separate thread. What purpose did it serve but to create another thread and divide attention? The game has 3 threads. 1 I can understand because I guess some are offended if ill thoughts are spoken about online and voice chat together.

I said it was 4chan. 4chan!!! You wouldn't trust that site with your mother-in-law's life. :heh: And I did say I was pulling his leg as well as the jesting emoticons.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

There aren't enough facepalm memes to accurately reflect Wii's pointless bull$hit on this page. Rarely has he been so cringe-worthy.

Well said.

His statement that he 100% knew it was wrong implied he had the inside track, just as he did this morning in the Splatoon Direct thread which as usual amounted to nothing.

Actually it did amount to something.

I noted that things would be revealed hat would be up in arms and I cryptically said "I'll see you guys in...I dunno...August". This was in reference to the Friend matchups which were delayed to August. I even PM'd the mods ahead of time to warn them that this was going to happen.

Check facts first before trashing me please :)

Also, the reason there's a thread for Splatoon Direct, and the same reason I make threads for game Directs despite your protests is because people don't continually check each game's threads. By posting a thread for game-specific Directs, it makes people aware of the Direct and gives them a discussion place for it.

Edited by Serebii

If people don't know about a Direct then they're either living under a rock or can't have had much of an interest in the game to begin with. The threads creation served no benefit. You did the same for the last Xenoblade Chronicles X Direct, it was ignored and the world didn't end because of it. As was said it only serves to split discussion.

http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57028&highlight=xenoblade

Seriously, can you two just put each other on your ignore lists. If it isn't Ronnie taking potshots at Wii, it's you two going at each other in just about every thread. You both clearly don't see eye to eye and have a genuine dislike towards one another, so why even bother trying to debate your points with each other?