NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I've been on intermittently, between brakes, since I'm working on something and it's taking longer than expected. Trying to finish this before 10, hopefully.

So I noticed I had maxed out the maximum amount of p covered by my gun of choice, the splat-o-matic so thought I'd use the weapon I hadn't used the longest - so I am now working my way up with the tentatek splattershot. got 5216P so far, wonder how long it will be before I get to 999999 :/ Shame the counter just stops at 999999 though, because I have no way of knowing just how much ink my splattershot has spread now :P I'd love it if you could take it in to sheldon and had to have it serviced at 999999p but with the plus of being allowed to pay for an upgrade of some description - maybe 10% greater range, or reduced ink consumption etc.

Anyway, once I'm done with the splattershot I'm on to the custom squelcher.... (see how many months that will take :D)

Had a go at ranked with the 52 gal. Absolute slayer. Got lots of cash and moved to S rank

I'm nowhere near making 999999p with any weapon. My top 5:

New Squiffer - 188977p

52 Gal - 165277p

Classic Squiffer - 96250p

Kelp Splat Charger - 93844p

N-Zap - 79900p

match making is taking it's time so anyone wanting to join me in splatoon would be more than welcome...

Had a go at ranked with the 52 gal. Absolute slayer. Got lots of cash and moved to S rank

I'm nowhere near making 999999p with any weapon. My top 5:

New Squiffer - 188977p

52 Gal - 165277p

Classic Squiffer - 96250p

Kelp Splat Charger - 93844p

N-Zap - 79900p

I'm finding a few weapons I enjoy.. even the sniper types I'm getting on with now.. well at least I can generally hit 400p with them :D

So... not sure if anyone is going to be online in the next little while.... but if you are... I'm in turf wars. Just saying.

I've got one more week away..will probably be looking for games on Tuesday 19th April 19:00 onwards

Wasn't expecting this one

CgAT5R6W8AAg3Il.jpg

REDMOND, Wash., April 14, 2016 – What’s the best crossover under the sea? SPONGEBOB SPLATFEST!

On April 23, Nintendo is partnering with Nickelodeon to bring a SpongeBob SquarePants-themed Splatfest competition to the Splatoon game for the Wii U console. Players will be asked to declare their allegiance to either the world’s most lovable sponge, SpongeBob SquarePants, or his starfish sidekick, Patrick Star, from Nickelodeon’s animated television show SpongeBob SquarePants. SpongeBob and Patrick will feel right at home in the squid-themed Splatoon game. Squidward was not invited.

“Two international pop culture sensations meet when the SpongeBob SquarePants Splatfest comes to Splatoon,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “Fun partnerships like this take advantage of the crossover appeal that family-friendly franchises like Splatoon and SpongeBob provide. Personally, I’m team SpongeBob all the way.”

Splatfest is a recurring online competition that asks players to pick a team – in this case, either SpongeBob or Patrick. Once players choose a side, they’ll receive a free in-game T-shirt adorned with an image of SpongeBob or Patrick for their character to wear as they compete in the online multiplayer Turf War mode to see which team comes out on top. At the end of the Splatfest competition, the side with the most points is awarded Super Sea Snails (no relation to SpongeBob’s pet, Gary), items that allow them to upgrade gear in the game. The SpongeBob SquarePants Splatfest competition kicks off in Splatoon on April 23 at 6 a.m. PT and runs until April 24 at 12 p.m. PT. This also marks the first Splatfest in which players from North America and Europe can be matched together. Splatfest is open to all Wii U owners who have the Splatoon game and an Internet connection.

8ht0FZ6.jpg

Now I'm imagining how awesome it would have been if they were able to do a Captain America Vs Iron Man Splatfest.

That Splatfest...

I agree they should let us keep the shirts. Some of mine have been excellent in looks and stats.

Cross-play across USA and EU is great, when can I slog through Splatfest with same-team friends?

Ha ha! That's brilliant! All those Miiverse posts have finally come true :laughing:

Shame we don't get to keep the shirts, they look great!

#TeamPatrick all the way! :D

Never was a fan of the cartoon, it means nothing to me. Probably because I was too old for it at the time. So I went team pink, for being the best colour. Since it's the first time I got on the winning team maybe I'll make my decisions on it henceforth.

Also a day and a half is too long for a splatfest...

anyone interested in playing games later on today? ranked/private/turf wars?

anyone interested in playing games later on today? ranked/private/turf wars?

It depends on the hour, after 20 is hard for me.

I've moved so I have the living room back at nights, I'll be well up for splatoon. Not tonight though, Spurs night!

good.. I missed the last splatfest due to holiday, so it will be good to get at least 18 shells to help upgrade my gear... new gear is super scarce now, I'm beginning to wonder if I have bought all the available gear!

Anyone interested in splatoon a little later? I've had a pretty tiring day so it'll be at the earlier end of things I imagine when I call it a night... I'll be back after I've done dinner!

I've gone back to playing this after not touching it for about six months.

Love the orange zapper they added, I seem to become Rambo with it ^^

Just added the Splatoon theme to my summer playlist on Spotify.