NEurope
kalipso3

Nintendo Pocket Football Club

I don't even like soccer that much, but this seems pretty cool so I got it. Just downloaded it...

5oI18CD.jpg

Redid my team, so I start off on the same level as the rest of you.

I'm FC Napalm, club ID: F697B1F33.

Btw @Cube, how did you take a screenshot of the game?

My team is RedShell FC (couldn't come up with anything creative :heh:) didn't make a note of my ID either :blank: but will grab it next time I go online.

This game is pretty confusing. Loving the presentation though, the player sprites are so cute.

One of my strikers tried to hit the ball on the volley earlier, but missed completely. The way he spun around was hilarious! :laughing:

I'm diving in tomorrow, can't wait. So can we all actively play each other? Is it just friendlies or can we have leagues/tournaments. Really looking forward to it

Only played 30 minutes of this last night, named the team, changed the kit etc. Lack of imagination alert, Londragons, playing in a red home strip and yellow away (fire of the dragon, see). First friendly, I was warned they were a much stronger team than mine, and managed to come away with a draw. Can't wait to delve further into this.

Didn't know there was a team ID number, will look for it later today. Does this ID number allow you to play with others online, like a friend code?

Named my team Déise United. Déise being a local nickname for Waterford. Plaing in a black and blue home kit. Green and white sway kit. Not tried online options yet just tryin learn the ropes first. Played 2 practice games lost both. Then 1 friendly which i won 3-0. Is halft time and st subs the only times to change tatics and markers?

Also is there an option to increase the speed of matches so i can play more in less time?

Is halft time and st subs the only times to change tatics and markers?
Seems like it's only possible to make those changes at half time or during a substitution, yeah. :hmm:

Also is there an option to increase the speed of matches so i can play more in less time?
Nope. The only way you can play more in less time is to do the "45 min" practice games.

It's a shame they didn't add the fast forward feature of the video replay mode to the live matches.

So what are people's opinions of it? TOO simple? Or another slice of bizarre Nintendo magic?

So what are people's opinions of it? TOO simple? Or another slice of bizarre Nintendo magic?

I'd go with bizarre Nintendo magic, although I've never played a football management game before.

Just set up the online stuff, my Club ID is A3C4EF420. Go easy on my team, they are a bit crap. :heh:

Still a bit early to tell really.

In some ways it does seem too simple, but in others it's pretty damn confusing. :heh:

It's definitely going to take some time to properly get into this I reckon, things are moving at a pretty slow pace so far, and leveling up individual player attributes appears to be a very slow process indeed.

I've found the games are getting increasingly enjoyable though the more I play. And I'm actually starting to celebrate goals and get annoyed with my players when they do stupid stuff. :laughing:

One of them got a direct red in a match once! I was livid. :D

Okay, so sounds like the pace of the game will take some getting used to, but there's something in there... Really can't wait to try it out tonight :)

Finally fixed my 3DS for this game. Took the back off cleaned battery up and readjusted it. No more random shutdowns for me now! :) I also took the opportunity to clean up the system too.

Shame the scratches on the top screen from the clam shape design are un-treatable.

Anyway...ready to put down PES' awesome career mode and get back into some 3DS gaming! :)

Would love more Football games from Nintendo so I'm right behind this.

imageoublu.jpg

Edited by tapedeck

I'm still back and forth with whether to get this. I'm reading a lot of meh and negative impressions and very few positive ones. The main complaint seems to be how you have to just sit through the matches with very little interaction. I may not bother with it now.

I'm still back and forth with whether to get this. I'm reading a lot of meh and negative impressions and very few positive ones. The main complaint seems to be how you have to just sit through the matches with very little interaction. I may not bother with it now.
I can confirm that this is very much the case. Outside of choosing when to make a substitution, the only thing you can do during a match is watch the game, switch between various pages of stats and alter player positions.

And when playing team data online there's even less interaction, as even substitutions become automated. :blank:

As boring as that sounds, for some reason I'm still enjoying it. ::shrug:

@Mokong, just beat your team 2-0. :D

Here's my ID:

2B4C66D88

Online profile pages are up now too, here's mine:

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/enGB/team.php?team_code=2B4C66D88

Seems to be a delay though. In-game my European Ranking is 207, and on the website it's 309. :hmm:

I think it's pretty much like watching football on tv, but interactive. You don't like a player, pull them off. You want to try a different formation? try it. etc etc. You watch, and based on what you have seen, you adjust tactics, next time you see how your team fairs. I think that's why there is so little interaction, you are meant to be closely observing, planning the next training session, considering a change in formation etc. etc.

BTW, anyone got any suggestions on training combo's?

I've found 2, plus the one they give you, but is there any kind of clue to help choose what to combine?

So far I have Dribbling shot, Pivot turnand Open the Gates. not sure if those give you any particular bonus though.. just seems to affect the same abilities as the stand alone training session would have...