NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe Meetup 2014(le planning thread) - 23rd August 2014

Confirmed 23rd, i'd best start planning transport and hotels/hostels.

To help @Jimbob, who's planning on staying in a hotel?

And do we want to extend it an extra day (bank holiday Monday)?

To help @Jimbob, who's planning on staying in a hotel?

And do we want to extend it an extra day (bank holiday Monday)?

Got 8 confirmed for the Saturday

Jimbob

Dannyboy

Cube

Goafer

ReZ

Moogle

Peeps

Sheikah

As for the Sunday, it's going to get hard to find places for that night seeing as it is a bank holiday. Would need to probably find a place for the Saturday pretty quick i think.

I'm staying down for the whole weekend (Friday-Monday) same as Danny, already got a hotel for us for the Friday and Sunday.

Edited by Jimbob

Was gonna say I thought it was fairly solid on the 23rd by now! Jimbob booked his time and everything! So I'm def down for the 23rd in London town. I'm actually starting to get a little excited too!

Do folks wanna keep planning ting in here or would it be better to close it and post a new thread with the solid date etc? The plan is basically going to be the same as it was for the last year/two, though maybe we'll consider a different establishment in case of rain/post parkage this year. Not sure where I'd suggest for that, though.

Edited by Rummy

Got 2 confirmed for the Saturday

I'm also confirmed.

I'm also confirmed.

Cool, post changed

I'd get a new thread open with confirmed dates, attendees @Rummy.

Got 4 confirmed for the Saturday

Jimbob

Dannyboy

Cube

Goafer

As for the Sunday, it's going to get hard to find places for that night seeing as it is a bank holiday. Would need to probably find a place for the Saturday pretty quick i think.

I'm staying down for the whole weekend (Friday-Monday) same as Danny, already got a hotel for us for the Friday and Sunday.

Add me to the list and I believe ReZ is in too. Just Saturday night for me though!

List updated, i'll have a look on Thursday at suitable places for up to 8 persons.

List updated, i'll have a look on Thursday at suitable places for up to 8 persons.

I'd like to stay too if there's space. =D

Yeah, there's space. I'm looking at some places now.

Edit: This one looks decent enough, good reviews. Ensuite in each room, which sounds good. Works out to be about £35 a night each (with breakfast). And it's right by Paddington station, which is good.

Quite nice

Edit 2: Booked it, £33 a night each with Breakfast.

Edited by Jimbob

Yeah, there's space. I'm looking at some places now.

Edit: This one looks decent enough, good reviews. Ensuite in each room, which sounds good. Works out to be about £35 a night each (with breakfast). And it's right by Paddington station, which is good.

Quite nice

Edit 2: Booked it, £33 a night each with Breakfast.

Pretty cool if you managed to nab an en suite for that price. Places looks good too.

Pretty cool if you managed to nab an en suite for that price. Places looks good too.

Nice one, cheers Jimbob. Eight man room?

Indeed so, eight man room with Breakfast and Ensuite included.

Indeed so, eight man room with Breakfast and Ensuite included.

Emphasis on the 'man'.

///

I've just booked a room at the same place for £29, so I've had your lives there! (not really, but still)

Look forward to seeing some IRL NE-ers. What's the crack with meeting and what sort of stuff is lined up?

Emphasis on the 'man'.

///

I've just booked a room at the same place for £29, so I've had your lives there! (not really, but still)

Look forward to seeing some IRL NE-ers. What's the crack with meeting and what sort of stuff is lined up?

Great, hopefully you can join in with the evenings shinanegans. See you there.

As there are a few people who travel from Sheffield (usually), I'll be on the 08:49 from Sheffield, getting into London St Pancras for 11:03.

Holy shit niggar, you serious? Fucking ace.

Yeeeeah bled, trains booked and all. It is happening. Any group pics of everyone with annotated forum/real names?

I'll be getting into Kings Cross at half 1-ish.

Yeeeeah bled, trains booked and all. It is happening. Any group pics of everyone with annotated forum/real names?

I'll work on this son.

Nope - sorry dude, I've got a wedding and all sorts of money draining from now til September.

Emphasis on the 'man'.

///

I'm not gonna lie - the plan isn't much changed from previous years(unless folks have other suggestions/contributions), I'll aim to do a new thread tomorrow with it all shamelessly regurgitated if I don't forget.

I'll work on this son.

I say don't do it...!

...you'll get to know everyone pretty fast tbh, and it's half the fun of it imo!

Any group pics of everyone with annotated forum/real names?

I hope I haven't fucked this up.

Forumnames_zpse72eddc6.png