N-Europe

Xbox.com forum's moderation- don't like criticism it seems...

flameboy

So I've been wondering for some time now how it's weird that we are so close to the launch of Xbox One and outside of the states we don't really know 100% to what degree Xbox One guide and the like will be intergrated with our tv boxes outside of being able to switch to it. It seems I'm not the only one as I found a post by people asking what boxes does it work with. To which the only answers seem to be any hdmi device can bypass through the Xbox One, hell the PS4 and Wii U can bypass through doesn't mean it can control it!

So I posted this:

Isn't it a bit crap that they haven't outright said which providers/boxes will work? People could very well go out and buy one only to find it doesn't work with a cable box they are tied into a contract with.

I then got an email to tell me that I it had been deleted as it was SPAM! What a crock of shit...I reposted it to see how long it lasts there!

Bloody hell! and I thought the mods on here were harsh

Yeah they have a FAQ where someone has answered that question and it's put on the FAQ but with no answer....makes me think they have something to hide....I expect the IR stuff with work so you get to it but One Guide won't work....if that's true kind of losing one of it's only plus points over the PS4....seem as it "loses" on pretty much anything else games, graphical power, controller.

xbox forums always have fanboy mods who won't have anything even remotely negative posted against them

but thats a fair question, and something i've thought since launch (because of TVii or lack thereof) that it just won't work with most boxes, only specific ones, and that they will keep it quiet and then when its out in the wild just promise to patch it, then like TVii never deliver

xbox forums always have fanboy mods who won't have anything even remotely negative posted against them

but thats a fair question, and something i've thought since launch (because of TVii or lack thereof) that it just won't work with most boxes, only specific ones, and that they will keep it quiet and then when its out in the wild just promise to patch it, then like TVii never deliver

Exactly....if the tv stuff doesn't work as promised it becomes little more than a voice controlled HDMI switcher....

I have to be honest PS4 is all about games and there perhaps isn't quite enough there yet to warrant a purchase but if all the media based stuff did work on Xbox One as promised then I could certainly justify a joint purchase with the missus as she likes all that stuff!

One thing worth considering is that it could have been removed due to profanity. Some places (especially official forums) are nowhere near as lax as us when it comes to that.

True but then why not give Profanity as the reason rather than spam...

get the fuck out! seriously? well that settles it there is no way they've spoken to BSKYB yet if they haven't even sorted all of North America

how have MS gone from the best console provider at the start of last gen, to quite possible sega levels of stupid by the start of the next gen?

get the fuck out! seriously? well that settles it there is no way they've spoken to BSKYB yet if they haven't even sorted all of North America

how have MS gone from the best console provider at the start of last gen, to quite possible sega levels of stupid by the start of the next gen?

YOU LEAVE SEGA OUT OF THIS!!!!! :weep:

Deleting for spam might be a generic/default setting? I dunno anything about this modding business.

:P

But srsly - the whole TV! TV! TV!! side of xbone is totally unexplained, I feel. For our EU market, anyway. But then I've not actually, like, looked at any info or anything. Fuck paying full whack for a console.

Yep seriously....I mean what use is it if it doesn't replace the UI etc...like they promised then what's the point. I think this would have been much better as a subscription based device that was a console with a cable box integrated but then that's a massive undertaking if they want to reach out to cable providers and take up contracts as providers of boxers. I think that may come later down the line or they contract out the xbox one tech to be built into cable boxes (like 3DO models lol).

Hey every platformer holder has their fall...

Just for the record I found out today via a mainstream press review that One Guide/tv integration isn't supported by Xbox One in Canada as they haven't even opened talks with Rogers or Bell (two biggest providers).

From what I've heard about those companies, I would think it's because MS have not dropped enough (Candian) $$.

From what I've heard about those companies, I would think it's because MS have not dropped enough (Candian) $$.

Yes I think you are right....Rogers especially are not in the market to offer competitive pricing. Their cable service for the most part sucks, cuts a lot, the boxes they issue are old with horrendous and hideous menus and in serious need of phasing out. They do have a box called the Nextbox (DVR box not anywhere near on a par with the likes of virgin media or sky) which they were offering for "free" recently before announcing and putting the Nextbox 3.0 on sale recently screwing all the people they tied down to the older nextbox. I think they would rather customers upgraded to their own box rather than allow Microsoft to overlay over their antiquated box and rule those customers out of potentially ever upgrading their cable box.