N-Europe

I'm Back

BigTac

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Big Tac you have really lit up my drab week and thank you very much for all the time you've taken to answer questions. i am reallly pumped up for the revolution and have many great ideas for the future. I will not try to ask another question (even though I really want to) but will take this opportunity to say Thank you.

ps DAMM T3H REVOLUTION IS GONNA BE SO SWEET (I have to change again :laughing: _)

ps DAMM T3H REVOLUTION IS GONNA BE SO SWEET (I have to change again :laughing: _)

Very, VERY scarey.

BigTac, were rumours accurate when stating that indeed the Revolution hardware had gone gold?

Nintendo never denied it, not even addressed it. But they did the Twilight Princess piece, although didn't deny it, and recently denied the DS redesign rumour.

Me thinks the Revolution is in pre production stages.

At this time of the year, that means a release is five to seven months down the track... In one territory or another...

Or, with a world wide release... Around October/November.

LOL Im just so hyped for the Revolution

Guys I think we should limit(or stop for a mo) the amount of questions we ask. i know everyone has questions but we must remember that Big Tac is only human(I think :heh: ) and has an awful lot of questions to deal with already. I also think that more people should be saying thanx to Big Tac (apologies if you do that) but we must remember that Big tac doesn't have to do all this an because of this appreation is in order. Its just common manners thats all.

: peace:

This is a question for Bigtac(for the 3rd time) and for anyone else...

i take it u can talk about ur opinion, so do u think controller shell(without the remote in, i know) feels "right", and did it have more/less (u dont have to give a number) buttons than a GC pad?

PS thanks for all the infomation u have decided to share with us so far.( happy Demuan?)

Very, VERY scarey.

BigTac, were rumours accurate when stating that indeed the Revolution hardware had gone gold?

Nintendo never denied it, not even addressed it. But they did the Twilight Princess piece, although didn't deny it, and recently denied the DS redesign rumour.

Me thinks the Revolution is in pre production stages.

At this time of the year, that means a release is five to seven months down the track... In one territory or another...

Or, with a world wide release... Around October/November.

Near final beta kits(final CPU, along with 85% completed GPU) started going out in early January. Final kits will start going out February. I haven't confirmed this yet with any developers. But I do know that from late December reports, Nintendo was expected too start sending out beta kits in January.

LOL Im just so hyped for the Revolution

Guys I think we should limit(or stop for a mo) the amount of questions we ask. i know everyone has questions but we must remember that Big Tac is only human(I think :heh: ) and has an awful lot of questions to deal with already. I also think that more people should be saying thanx to Big Tac (apologies if you do that) but we must remember that Big tac doesn't have to do all this an because of this appreation is in order. Its just common manners thats all.

: peace:

nope. he isnt human. he is a supercomputer developed by Nintendo (not the revolution. ha ha) that is connected to the forums, existing solely to give the occasional leak (/rumour) when things start to quiet down.

Near final beta kits(final CPU, along with 85% completed GPU) started going out in early January. Final kits will start going out February. I haven't confirmed this yet with any developers. But I do know that from late December reports, Nintendo was expected too start sending out beta kits in January.

So do you know if the IGN specs were based on alpha or other earlier devkits? Because that'd be a relief.

So do you know if the IGN specs were based on alpha or other earlier devkits? Because that'd be a relief.
early... because the dev pack was a gamecube on steroids (and not a souped up xbox), they had no information about the GPU at all, and some information about the CPU but very limited.

That leak must have happened from a american studio... and we all know probably capcom, namco, konami and others had better dev packs for months, it costs a lot to go and change all the dev packs just for a near beta... I believe some of these studios only have the final version like... in february?

Big Tac one question for you

1 Do u know anything on the Revolutions multiplayer aspects. Iwata stated some E3's ago that the Revolution would use a form of displaying multiplayer that would better split-screen screen gaming. Also any news on WIFI aspects of the Revo. If developers will use its online features. How many players Revo can have online etc

Thank You

Ps expect to hear from u soon :bouncy:

Wow...this is pretty cool stuff!!....So it's looking good so far then, especially if the graphics are 360 on a normal TV....And since the Rev is supposedly easy to develop for it'd be nice to see pleanty of ports this time round.

I'm hoping to get a Rev as soon as it comes out, depending on the price (and the number of great launch/almost launch games). This sounds really great thoguh and I really hope Nindendo get their fair share this generation.

Alright BigTac, I've been an avid reader and member of C-E and, well, I know and trust bigtac more than he knows/trusts me haha

Anyway, BigTac, hopefully you don't mind but I suppose its only to be expected, I also have a few questions :p

1. Do you know anything regarding the online part for Splinter Cell? A big reason why those games were so great on the Xbox was because the online spy vs. mercenary thing.

2. WTF is Killing Day? (lol, besides a FPS from Ubisoft, do we know anything else)

3. Is this Free Radical Project exclusive or just coming to the Revolution as well? (I'm guessing it's TS)

4. What can you find out about the exclusive FPS? Why will it be huge? As in huge game or huge as in amazing? Or both? and if you can, tell everyone why :p

Thanks a lot mate.

Just in case BigTac missed my post can you answer this please? Or can anyone answer these questions?

Thanks.

Near final beta kits[/b](final CPU, along with 85% completed GPU) started going out in early January. Final kits will start going out February. I haven't confirmed this yet with any developers. But I do know that from late December reports, Nintendo was expected too start sending out beta kits in January.

I couldn’t stop myself from posting this. I’d like to tell you all we’ve received newer development kits a lot earlier than expected. These are pre-final development kits though. However they are an extreme improvement compared to the last one and include new prototypes of Hollywood and Broadway. I can conclude for sure now; don’t worry about the graphics, Nintendo will deliver again this generation! Not to mention Nintendo included amazing use full tools and a library of tech demo’s which are very use full in the progress to implant the third revolutionary feature in No End Soon.

Now from this point it became clear why two NOE's were invited. They showed a demonstration of serval other gameplay posibility's, including posibility's of the which I still like to call the "third Revolutionary feature". We knew this feature already and experienced it a few months ago already, however the current development kits didn't have this feature included yet. The final development kits we'll receive within 60 days will however include the feature. As you understand I'm not allowed into detail what this feature is.

60 days huh? That's somewhere in february. OMG

How the fuck could he have known this one month back already, if he's fake ??!! >_<

early... because the dev pack was a gamecube on steroids (and not a souped up xbox), they had no information about the GPU at all, and some information about the CPU but very limited.

My point is that IGN got their info from the documentation - meaning that they perhaps put in the final plans even though the devkit wasn't that far in development. If the 'double Gekko' (~1 GHz is way too little for the CPU) rumour is definite, then it may become a bottleneck which I can't see Nintendo putting in. Triple the clock frequency (1455 MHz) with 1 MB L2 cache could cut it next gen (assuming the architecture would be identical).

:indeed: Does 'Big tac' have any connection with IGN revolution?, i think he does, as which other journalists would get special access to the architecture? :)

come to think of it he posted his info on the 12 January, so he could be fake, who lets journalists into private meetings for games in development for highly classified consoles?????? :nono:::shrug::indeed:

come to think of it he posted his info on the 12 January, so he could be fake, who lets journalists into private meetings for games in development for highly classified consoles?????? :nono:::shrug::indeed:

I think you missed the part where he is currently in talks with developers to become a staff member for one of them. He has just visited Ubisoft, and I think he is soon to meet up with EA.

Alright I see I made a mistake by saying that I was in a meeting between execs and leading designers for the upcoming TMNT(07) game. On the second day on my visit, IAS members met with some leading dsigners at Ubisoft who would be heading the project where they held a meeting to have early talks on the games direction. After that meeting took place I had the chance to talk with a couple designers on the movie and game. So it's my mistake misleading you guys to actually thinking I was in the private meeting.

No I have no connection with IGN.

I'm sorry but as of now I will not talk anymore about Ubisofts titles in development for the Revolution.

And yes Nick, I will be heading to EA HQ sometime in mid-february. Where I will get to see some of EA handy work including some plans/ideas for some of their franchises. Also, yes it's true that I am planning on joining a company and/or becoming part of a development team. Right now besides working, I am currently doing a Game Software Development course and I already have certificates in business and marketing.

Also I would just like to say that Nintendo has done a much better job this time around on locking up some exclusives. This based on dev costs, controller(new/unique gameplay), some money, and just helping out developers early on.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!