N-Europe

I'm Back

BigTac

From Ubisoft HQ. Now, before you become all excited, sadly I can not say much on what I heard and saw :shock: . Now on the recent news that was revealed http://revolution.ign.com/articles/680/680793p1.html. During my visit I was actually present at a meeting held between IAS and Ubisoft execs, and lead designers, so I can confirm that it will come to the Revolution and use the controller's unique features. From early talk there will finally be a good TMNT game, the recent games have all sucked big time.

Titles in development for Revolution:

Splinter Cell 4 :yay: :awesome:

Killing Day :hmm::cool:

Free Radical Project :awesome: :cool::yay:

TNMT :idea:::shrug::bouncy::hmm:

Brothers in Arms :idea::hmm:

Exclusive FPS :woops::bowdown: This will be huge.

Exclusive title unknown genre :idea::wtf: I was told but they wouldn't reveal to me what genre it will be.

Some other info I found out on my visit that I can confirm: Reggie is to deliver some exciting news at D.I.C.E speech – While specs can’t compete, graphics can compare to 360 on regular TV – The Revolution does indeed use new methods for creating amazing looking graphics that can make you feel the specs are higher – The classic shell controller is final – Nintendo still undecided on what will be included with the system - As Merrick touch up on before other than downloading pass games, you will be able to download game demos, trailers, maybe some other things -

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else like to see Beyond Good and Evil become that Revolution exclusive from Ubisoft? ahhh... I loved that game!

I know they planned on it being a trilogy but put the idea on the back-burner due to poor sales. Maybe Nintendo will give them a hand and push the series as a Rev exclusive? ... wishful thinking maybe.

Everrything makes sense for me. Ubisoft reccently bought the Turtles license if I remember correct. Also the stuff about the hardware power is true - at least I heard nearly the same from a "friend" too :indeed:

If Splinter Cell 4 is really for Revolution it should be a launch title I guess because the time window is very small for that game. I mean I think it will come out 2006 and so does the Revolution in that case.

The classic shell controller is final

Did You see it? And if so does it looks a bit like IGN''s Mockup?

And I still personally hope that , the controller pack, exist from,

Handfree controller+Nunchacks+ Classic shell, at least I hope it for the adapters that don't have a gamecube., and for games that use the calssic controller + the motion sensors.

I would like to know also... as i would love his job, as he seems to find out lots of new info before anyone else... before most sites even!

Yeah tell me about it, from what i have read he seems to have a very exciting job.

About your sig Cube_Game, i cant for the life of me think where it is from... It isnt the Simpsons by any chance is it?

I started my job shortly after E3 04 freelancing as a video game industry insider/journalist through some contacts at NoA. Since then I have done work for several big game magazines along with several sites. Over the past 6 months I have recieced several offers from companies to work exclusivly for them. But I haven't accepted yet.

On the topic of launch titles right now I would say: 12-20 at launch date.

Ubisoft are planning 2-3 launch date, Nintendo will have 3-5 launch date.

My next trip will come in February to visit EA HQ then I have a visit in March with Activision.

Now I can't tell what the controller looks like exactly, even thought I did see it without the freehand controller though. It is what you expect for a classic controller. Also just to refresh some people who seem to have forgotten, when using the classic shell the freehand remote sensor movements are still possible. When Nintendo first showed developers the freehand remote then along with the nunchuc joystick attchments they was excited. But some told Nintendo that they must have some sort of traditional controller. So using what developers watned Nintendo went along and built a classic shell.

Also while I don't know what exactly Reggie will say at D.I.C.E speech here are some possiblities/hints that I have got from developers and NoA contacts.

Classic Shell

Final Name

Maybe narrow the release date down

Maybe some new info on games from Nintendo and other developers

And of course some more coded talk

Talking with members of Ubisoft and most think that the Revolution final name will be announced before E3. But some of these announcements will depend on whether NIntendo have any plans for GDC in March like last years.

I made a very small update to my first post.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!