N-Europe

InSaN-E AsyLuM Mafia

The Peeps

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a bad feeling about the Dedede lynch at the moment, because it just doesn't add up.

Yvonne and Dedede were blocked last night.

I know that Esequiel blocked Yvonne for a fact and he has confirmed this. Which leaves another blocker having blocked Dedede.

At this point we've (I've?) assumed Esequiel to be town.. so following on, assumed the other blocker to be mafia.

Why would the mafia block their own kill?

(It could just be that Esequiel is actually the mafia blocker)

Next we've got Magnus, who's claiming to have been redirected last night and yet he's voting against Dedede (the self claimed redirector) because it "seems most concrete" that he's the roleblocked killer??

How so @Magnus Peterson? It makes very little sense to me?

I also find odd that a tracker wouldn't be told who they were redirected to? What use is the info someone targeted Esequiel?

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

I'm convinced Magnus is Mafia, the question for me is whether his vote is distancing from Dedede or boarding the train?

If Dedede isn't Mafia I think Esequiel very well could be?

Remove Vote

It could also be that the killer targeted someone who was protected

Dedede is claiming to be a redirector (who was roleblocked, which has been somewhat confirmed), and Magnus says he was redirected on the same night.

Providing they are telling the truth, it reasons there are 2 different redirectors. Even if one isn't telling the truth, then that lie is indicative of Mafia anyway.

I personally think if the Mafia had a redirector they'd probably use them to redirect. I'm less sure that they'd send them to do the kill, which makes Dedede a little less suspicious in my eyes. I'll Vote: Magnus Peterson based on the way he has acted. If he flips town then I'll be voting Dedede.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

I’m still not sold on DuD (or Diageo), but for the sake of not splitting votes, I’ll let it rest for today.

Which leaves me with choosing to vote for Yvonne or Dedede? I’m not going to decide now, I’ll vote tonight. There’s arguments for both of them, but I think I’ll give Yvonne the benefit of the doubt. But I’ll go over all the posts again when I get back home. Of course there’s still the possibility the potential killer ran into a protection, but we’re obviously not going to find out today. I think going for one of the roleblocked players is the best course of action.

########

However, DuD’s posts makes sense (#155). I think we can actually assume Esequiel to be town, as a townie roleblocker would probably want to come forward after someone claims roleblocker. But I don't get why you’re voting Magnus in that case? The most logical thing to do after coming to that conclusion, is to vote Yvonne, surely?

He seems most concrete because his posts have seemed like bullshit.

Just because I was redirected, and he claims to be one, doesn't make him one.

Sheikah is set on splitting votes, today.

Don't people think the Mafia would be more likely to be set on a lynch today given they failed to kill? I think they would, to level the playing field.

It would be very easy (if Dedede is not Mafia) for Mafiosos to play the competent townie - accusing anyone who hasn't joined the lynch train and accuse them of vote splitting.

Anyone confused about why I'm suggesting we vote Magnus (it's actually quite simple):

- Dedede claims redirector. Both Dedede himself and esequiel claim Dedede was roleblocked. So he probably didn't redirect last night.

- Magnus claims to have been redirected.

Assumption: There are 2 redirectors

Outcomes from lynching Magnus:

1. Magnus flips Mafia. Magnus was therefore probably lying about being redirected. Or he was redirected by a townie/neutral - at this point, we would expect them to come forward. If they don't come forward, it is likely he was lying. Mafia probably aren't going to redirect their own, although they may say they did to try look town. Unlikely though.

2. Magnus flips town. Therefore he was probably telling the truth. At this point, if there is a town redirector should come forward - if they do (and can provide verifiable targets), we lynch Dedede. Obviously if this doesn't happen, we assume that he was redirected by a Mafioso

3. Neutral flips - lulz.

Reason why I propose a Magnus lynch over Dedede:

It's simple, really.

As well as Magnus's slightly off behaviour, Dedede was very probably roleblocked last night. IF we assume that Dedede is Mafia (which we effectively are doing by putting him up for lynch), then it reasons that Magnus was probably redirected by a town redirector. When the lynch on Magnus draws near, we would expect this town redirector (should they exist) to interject to stop a wrong lynch.

It's the most safe, information rewarding thing we can do. I hope people can actually see that in time.

Change vote: Sheikah

Based on his voting for Mangus (who doesn't seem suspicious in the slightest), he seems the most suspicious. So does Esequiel, which would make him the mafia's roleblocker.

You just completely ignored the post I made, which laid out very clearly and logically why I think we should vote for Magnus.

Some people.

If he was targeted by a town redirector.

Exactly.

Think about it - if Dedede is scum, how likely is he to 'make up' that he is a redirector? It's undoubtedly quite often a scummy role. He might be scum and telling the truth about being a redirector to avoid troubles coming up with targets/actions later, or he may be town and telling the truth. But being scum and making up that he's a redirector? Possible, just seems rather unlikely.

If we go by the assumption (for now, for the sake of ease) that Dedede is a redirector, either:

1. Dedede is a Mafia redirector. There's a decent chance he was actually roleblocked, so if Magnus was redirected, it was probably by a townie/neutral. In this circumstance, you would expect Magnus to be saved close to lynch.

2. Dedede is a town redirector. Since there's a decent chance Dedede was roleblocked, Magnus was either 1) lying about being redirected, or 2) redirected by a Mafia redirector (some who isn't Dedede). Now going on the assumption that Dedede WAS mafia (since you were all trying to lynch him), automatically option 2 in this little set of circumstances does not exist - because you are saying 'I think Dedede is Mafia' by voting.

Of course, if Magnus flips town on lynch and no one has come to save him then that sucks for him, but at least we haven't erroneously stuck up Dedede, who could be pretty damn useful as a redirector to town.

If the other redirector is a town redirector, then it would be in his best interest to say so, regardless of Magnus.

Then one of the following situations is most likely:

1. The redirector Magnus speaks of does not exist (he lied)

2. Magnus was redirected by a Mafia redirector. As Dedede was likely roleblocked, and admitting to be a redirector when you aren't is odd play for a Mafioso, we can probably assume Dedede is a town redirector.

Because as you say, if there was a town redirector out there that redirected Magnus, he'd have come out by now to damn Dedede.

Magnus lynch will tell us which is true. It will give us information.

So if we're lynching him simply to possibly get information on another roleblocker so we can perhaps use it to judge Dedede....why is it better than lynching Dedede?

Also, if you're a mafia redirector, it looks a lot better to come out with it straight away than to wait for it to be discovered - it's one of the easiest powers to figure out, after all.