NEurope
The Peeps

InSaN-E AsyLuM Mafia

It was a late night at the asylum and Dr. Peeps was preparing the name cards for visitor's day. He sorted two piles, one for patients and one for visitors. The patient's name cards were bright red with 'INSANE' stamped across them. Subtle... The visitor's name cards were green.

Dr. Peeps was in the process of sticking the names onto the cards when there was a flash of lightning and the door was flung open! In his fright, Dr. Peeps knocked the cards over but he had no time to pick them up. A patient was standing in the doorway, knife in hand. Blood was dripping to the floor.

The patient was from the N-E wing of the asylum. It was supposed to remain tightly secured, they weren't even allowed out for visitor's day! The patient advanced on the doctor and proceeded to stab him to death. No one heard the doctor's anguished cries over the clapping of thunder.

The next day the visitor's were greeted by Dr. Peeps. He wore a surgical mask over his face but they could read his name tag. He directed them to the main hall were the patients were already gathered.

"Greetings to all. I am Dr. Peeps. Please collect your name cards. It is very important to collect the right one as they indicate who is a patient and who is a visitor!"

And with that, he picked up the box by his feet and chucked the name cards over the crowd. There was a second's pause of confusion before a mad scramble for the cards.

InSaN-E AsyLuM Mafia

RuLeS

Day phases will be loosely 48 hours. The day may be extended if there is an on-going discussion

Talking about the game at night is forbidden

You may not discuss the game in any way outside of the main thread

Posting AND thanking after death is forbidden (a solitary 'oh noes' post is fine)

Night phases are 24 hours which I may extend as I see fit.

Standard rules and such apply, PM me with any questions

You may not directly quote PMs

The town wins when there are no 'insane' patients left in the game. The patients win if they reach a majority.

14 Players:

Cube

Dedede

Diageo

DuD

Esequiel

Jimbob

Magnus Peterson

MoogleViper

Mr-Paul

ReZourceman

Rummy

Sheikah

Sméagol

Yvonne

Day One

Majority is 8

Edited by The Peeps

So there's like, a lot of people visiting today! vote Cube because alphabetical order

First and foremost, this game subject offends me.

Second, because of the smarts.

Whut?

#Sane

oh, interesting! I am only told the sanity of my badge (sane) and the character it is (a different forum member). I don't have a mafia forum link so I guess I am sane, but that is gonna be bananas!

Also is ReZ hinting that he got my card?

And it will be interesting to find out who Peeps considers sane :D

wait wait, so we all just got given cop results on someone? So there are sane people walking around with name tags of insane people, and know immediately who they are? That can't be right surely?

unless there is no mafia forum

and taking that to the extreme, we may not even know our own powers, only the powers of someone else

Wait whut. I am not Yvonne, I was just being weird. I am not ReZourceman though.

I too am sane, and am currently under the impression that I am good.

wait wait, so we all just got given cop results on someone? So there are sane people walking around with name tags of insane people, and know immediately who they are? That can't be right surely?

unless there is no mafia forum

and taking that to the extreme, we may not even know our own powers, only the powers of someone else

Yeah I'm not totally sure on this... I often find these sorts of 'player within a player' things confusing...

@The Peeps I don't think our badges can accurately tell us whether a player is sane or not - otherwise we'd know who all the insane players were straight away, surely?

Am I actually assuming the guise of my badge? ie. I am forum member X, sane, therefore for the remainder of the game that is my actual character? This kind of clashes with the answer you gave before though that some insane people have sane badges.

Could it be instead that the 'sane' status I have is not necessarily matching to the actual alignment of the player name I have?

I thought it was dead simple, your character for the game is the player your given and the badge shows your characters alignment. Like in assassins you would be like "Claudia, Town" now you get "Yvonne, Insane" etc.

I didn't find it that confusing - Character name, alignment, role! Objective in the first post - find all the insane people who are gonna kill us sane ones!

So weird to see ReZ posting in black. Esequiel, you've got the wrong green for ReZ!

Vote: kill all these crazy motherfuckers/no lynch

I didn't find it that confusing - Character name, alignment, role! Objective in the first post - find all the insane people who are gonna kill us sane ones!

So weird to see ReZ posting in black. Esequiel, you've got the wrong green for ReZ!

Vote: kill all these crazy motherfuckers/no lynch

Yeah but we grabbed any old badge, so really the badge itself meant nothing about ourselves and whether we're insane or not.

Anyway, seems like we are the ID now.

I thought it was dead simple, your character for the game is the player your given and the badge shows your characters alignment. Like in assassins you would be like "Claudia, Town" now you get "Yvonne, Insane" etc.

MY EYES, THEY BURNS!!!