NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Why Do People Get Into The Christmas Mood So Early?

Right now bonfire night is disapointing because secretly we all wish Guy Faulks would come back and blow up parliament, its probably why we forget about it, as we'd rather celebrate him suceeding than failing

He did. Didn't you see the documentary?

mask.jpg

All the "after October it's totally Christmas" people are making me sad. :(

In the US at least we have Thanksgiving to look forward to beforehand. Regardless of November having holidays, isn't it the 12 days of Christmas? Not the two months.

In Sainsburys the other day, I heard some guy say to his woman whilst looking at Christmas stuff, "oohh, it's only two pay-days til Christmas."

Fuck your pay-days, brah.

Personally I don't really comprehend Christmas (other than the vague "it's coming soon" sense) until after my brother's birthday on November 21st but I neither care or get het up about shops starting Christmas whenever they want. It doesn't affect me personally.

Plus one of my favourite albums is a Christmas album (Boy Least Likely To's) and I listen to that a few times during the year. It's just music. Much the same as repeats on TV mean we see Christmas episodes throughout the year. Who cares if it's 'displaced'?

Does anyone even care about bonfire night?

That's because every night is bonfire night in Glasgow! :laughing:

I don't mind me some Christmas as I get to sit by the fire and legitimately listen to some classic Christmas NiGHTS.

Getting excited early ruins it and annoys everyone else. Dem people's are crazy. I embrace it on December 1st. Not a jot before. I prefer and enjoy it more that way.

In Sainsburys the other day, I heard some guy say to his woman whilst looking at Christmas stuff, "oohh, it's only two pay-days til Christmas."

Fuck your pay-days, brah.

Probably gets paid weekly too!

All the "after October it's totally Christmas" people are making me sad. :(

In the US at least we have Thanksgiving to look forward to beforehand. Regardless of November having holidays, isn't it the 12 days of Christmas? Not the two months.

The 12 days of Christmas come after Christmas though.

I feel like there shouldn't be threads made with the word Christmas in them until December. :-p

I'm looking forward to bonfire night. On Dan's parents' street they build a humongous bonfire with a guy on the top and let off really fancy fireworks :-). When I was a child my Dad's local used to do the same thing, except it was nowhere near as safe, and they had a bingo and a quiz afterwards :laughing: .

We're having a joint Halloween and Fireworks Night party this year.

We're calling it...Fireween!

Anyone seen any Easter Eggs yet?. I've seen countless stores selling Christmas stuff now, including the Pets at Home place. They are selling Dog and Cat advent calanders, and have done since mid-September.

I used to work in retail, we used to put orders in for Christmas right after Christmas, and Easter was worst as we ordered the stuff in Summer. It's terrible, not had a proper magical Christmas feeling since turning 16 and entering employment.

Anyone seen any Easter Eggs yet?. I've seen countless stores selling Christmas stuff now, including the Pets at Home place. They are selling Dog and Cat advent calanders, and have done since mid-September.

Whilst that is way too early, advent calendars, by the very purpose of the product, have to be sold before December.

I think start of November is a good time for advent calendars to go on sale.

Who knows when dog and cat Christmas is though. Maybe it's in October?

Who knows when dog and cat Christmas is though. Maybe it's in October?

And, don't they get 7 a year or something like that.

This thread has made me decide that i'm going to be 'ill' this xmas. Tragically struck down with a mystery bug and unable to participate in the festivities! :weep:

And, don't they get 7 a year or something like that.

oh.

my.

god.

imagine a 7 year advent calendar...!! :love:

i have to pretty much force myself in to the christmas mood for retail work around this time... but i kinda go by the moods of the customers, so if many people are definitely buying xmas presents, i'll probably start being more christmassy..

because, genuinely, i can sell more crap by being super happy fun fun excited for santa ooh how about an extra controller so you call all play together after the queen's speech even tho you'll totally be watching something else?!

:nono: