NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon on Wii U?

Right, this filled up the XY thread with stuff the other day, so let's shift it here.

At the end of a retrospective video of Pokémon at the Pokémon Game Show, this appeared

mystery.jpg

Which part of me thinks is a Wii U game, while another part thinks it's just CG to go with the trailer.

Pokémon is bound to jump to the Wii U next year, if not a Battle Sim, then a spin-off. What are your hopes?

Something that you won't like/think is wrong. :heh:

That's the spirit :p I won't be posting "you're wrong" to posts in this thread, don't worry. :p

Edited by Serebii

Hmm... The TCG Fighting Type symbol appears on a banner in the background...

yVByKct.png

Nah, it's probably just a CG trailer :P

The dream? Something that isn't another fucking Stadium game.

The reality? Another fucking Stadium game.

I want Pokémon Dash U. A full fledged racing game using Pokémon. No touch screen rubbish. Something akin to the Gyarados mini-game in PokéPark but more fleshed out

I want Pokémon Dash U. A full fledged racing game using Pokémon. No touch screen rubbish. Something akin to the Gyarados mini-game in PokéPark but more fleshed out

No, no no no no. No no no no no no no no no. Not Pokémon Dash. No. No.

If we're going to go for spin-offs, which I'm guessing is what's going to happen, I'd at least like them to do something creative with the GamePad. Pokémon Snap springs to mind, but I'm sure you'll find a reason to poo-poo that idea ;)

No, no no no no. No no no no no no no no no. Not Pokémon Dash. No. No.

If we're going to go for spin-offs, which I'm guessing is what's going to happen, I'd at least like them to do something creative with the GamePad. Pokémon Snap springs to mind, but I'm sure you'll find a reason to poo-poo that idea ;)

I'd like a new Snap, if it branched out from the linearity of the original :p

I want a FULL Pokémon game... with ALL 2.3 million+ (okay I exaggerate) Pokémon!

But I'd love a real Pokémon on Wii U.

One thing I think would be an awesome idea is an action RPGs. It would have a battle system where you controlled the Pokémon directly and have a strong focus on story.

There would only be a limited amount of Pokémon in the game (too many would make this concept ridiculous), and an even smaller that you can control yourself. However, you also meet other trainers along the way who may or may not join you depending on your actions - some can even be killed by the enemy at some point (as can your Pokémon in certain story sections).

However, there will also be a big focus on the relationship with your Pokémon. You will be able to play with them, there will be times you can let them have fun in a certain area. Some of them will even request to be kept outside their Pokéball. There would also be one really difficult relationship - an enemy will be using a wild Pokémon (he personally believes Pokéballs are wrong), and you will have the option of stealing it from him. It will take a lot of effort before that Pokémon will fight for you.

Your friends will also judge you based on your actions, and there will be a small amount of romance (nothing big - something small like what Bioware did in Sonic Chronicles). Some may even leave you based on what you've done.

Essentially, it's elements from games like Mass Effect, but used with elements from Pokémon to become something new and unique.

A new Pokemon Stadium - that links to the 3ds games.

I really couldn't be less interested in a 'proper' Pokemon on Wii U. For me, that is not what the series is about and it doesn't need to be moved to the big screen.

Gamefreak don't want to make a proper Pokemon game for home consoles so why not give someone else the chance, how about Square-Enix?

At the moment they have no intention of bringing either Kingdom Hearts 3 & Final Fantasy 15 to the Wii U, offering them the opportunity to work on the first ever home console Pokemon RPG would change all that.

Gamefreak don't want to make a proper Pokemon game for home consoles so why not give someone else the chance, how about Square-Enix?

At the moment they have no intention of bringing either Kingdom Hearts 3 & Final Fantasy 15 to the Wii U, offering them the opportunity to work on the first ever home console Pokemon RPG would change all that.

Square Enix!? The company who haven't made a good RPG since the PS1 days!? (TWERY was made by Jupiter and Bravely Default was made by Silicon Studio)

No thanks.

Well seeing as he was surfing trading cards just before the end, chances of a NFC-enabled TCG?

You would likely get one NFC card per pack. It's too expensive to do it for every card.

Perhaps you buy a pack that has the normal amount of cards (whatever it is) and a NFC card that contains the data for all those cards.

It'll be anything but the thing that many of us want. :p

But, I would love to feel the euphoria if we got a proper Pokemon RPG.

Even the Japanese have fallen to the dubstep disease!? Ugh... :nono: Keep that crap as far away from Pokemon as possible please!

Hmm, seems like it is actually a game that they're hinting at here... (and considering that the video shows pretty much all the spinoff games, it could be pretty much anything)

Still, it seems a bit strange to highlight a cheap little spinoff in a retrospective trailer like that, so it seems to be something a bit more major than a new Pokemon Stadium/Colloseum/Battle Revolution game...

Edited by Dcubed

a console RPG with fully animated cut scenes similar in style to Ni No Kuni, still a turned based battle system but again with a ni no kuni/grandia/Tales style arena where the physical location of the pokemon plays an affect on how effective moves are, their accuracy etc. Outside of that a wide open world with towns filled with pokemarts, pokecentres ,gyms (but you don't take part in the gym battles), you could be something else, a ranger, a police officer, a former team rocket/plasma etc, you have a goal that involves exploring the world and an objective to attain

thus it should be dissimilar enough to the main handheld game

I dunno, personally I've thought Pokémon should always have an animated look... otherwise it just looks a bit odd having them in amongst the real world.

Nintendo is into collaborations these days, how about Dragon Quest x Pokemon?

Slime vs Pidgey. Zenith Dragon Vs Rayquaza.

*dies from amazing-ness*