Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

bryanee

See once again that stinks of Snyder not including things in the actual movie. Promotional interview, Jenny Olson, Jimmy Olson...

This is the one I'm referring to: http://fortune.com/contentfrom/2015/10/5/lex-luthor-jr/ntv_a/3dsBA58oDAfxgFA/

Luthor alludes pretty blatantly in the film to the fact that his father beat him, and considering that this Luthor, Jr, is 31, I don't think it's too far fetched to hope his father (Bryan Cranston) is out there somewhere, over the rainbow...

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it seem utterly ridiculous to kill a well-liked comic character without even mentioning that they are that character, then after the film you say "Oh, btw, that random photographer who died? He was Jimmy Olsen"

Yes, it seem utterly ridiculous to kill a well-liked comic character without even mentioning that they are that character, then after the film you say "Oh, btw, that random photographer who died? He was Jimmy Olsen"

You have to sell the extended cut somehow. I would rather have Snyder not confirm who that guy was (being with Lois and shooting a camera made it fairly obvious though) and leave it for further explanation, if there is one, in the extended cut.

Which by the way I CANNOT wait for

• 3 weeks later...

Just got round to watching this, it was a real mess, but I didn't really have any issues with pacing or anything like that. Didn't really like Lex, and I'm guessing my two least favourite things were everyone else's too: "Martha" (too forced) and Batman basically being a murderer. Other than that it was reasonably enjoyable action.

It would be nice if Justice League was bright and succinct and... Avengers-like. They need some better names at the helm and less studio interference.

There's no way the people who originally sat down to make Batman v Superman also wanted to include all the other characters.

Normally I'd agree, but then again, this is Zack Snyder. He would have known that they wanted a two and a half hour film at most, as this would be the most financially and commercially viable (though, then again, it was Batman vs Superman and many would sit through three hours plus just for that very reason).

He also did the exact same thing with Watchmen, and many agree that the best version was his own cut, but it was much longer than the cinematic release. I don't know if he'd want to include all the JL characters so prominently as he did (still miffed that there weren't any ACTUAL Easter eggs that weren't thrown in our faces), but even the fight sequence seems like it had been cut down a lot. If hope. "BvS" and they fight for all of eight minutes? AND it's a walkover?

It feels to me like Warners flip-flopped. They said yes to everything, it was all done, they even test screened and got the uncut version rated. And then they decided to put their hands on it with a shorter run time to fit more screenings per day and on top of that added the weird CCTV clips.

There are so many scenes clearly missing that were in pre-release set shots and bits of dialogue from various trailers.

I think Warner Bros lost their nerve.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!